Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sushi

• 05-05-2008 1:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭

seeing as the last sushi thread was locked (shame on you moderator, shame indeed) i'll let it be known that tesco's in ardkeen have sushi nori seaweed sheets, japanese mirin and japanese rice wine vinegar on their shelves, sushi rice as well.
    enjoy folks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Now that's what I'm talkin' about:) Well done for that longshanks;)

What aisle are they in/next to/near? That place has been completely renovated lately.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I made sushi this evening - thanks for the tip-off longshanks.

It was a wee bit ropey, but I wouldn't have been ashamed serving it up as one of the nibbles at a party, say. Anyway, practice will make perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Solo-Evolution

so in case i want sushi in waterford i have to make it myself ???;) the town of pizzarias with no sushi bar ?? shame:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

They sell all the stuff you need to make sushi in #Superquinn too. Unforunately they dont sell Sushi tho

• Advertisement

Tanabe wrote: »

What aisle are they in/next to/near? That place has been completely renovated lately.

Same question...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Think I saw sushi in Lidl lately..... not a big fan so didn't pay too much attention but for those that are might be worth having a look! Not sure if it was frozen or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Solo-Evolution

sillysocks...frozen they are ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Tanabe wrote: »
    Now that's what I'm talkin' about:) Well done for that longshanks;)

Cheers.
    Same question...

opposite the koka noodles, i was out there earlier and got meself a bamboo rolling mat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

so in case i want sushi in waterford i have to make it myself ???;) the town of pizzarias with no sushi bar ?? shame:o

i might open one if people think theres a market for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

forbesii wrote: »

Theres always a market for sushi..

Think ill pop out myself and grab some of the stuff. Did the lazy thing and had a look on their site. But that didn't go down too well.

While were on the Japanese note, know anywhere to get some sake around town?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Stokolan wrote: »
    While were on the Japanese note, know anywhere to get some sake around town?

Very, very difficult. Developed a taste for it in Amsterdam. Some of the upper crust Chinese places sell it, but I don't think they do it warm.

Yes please! And sort out the sake problem too.. :D

forbesii wrote: »

Go for it! Definitely a market for it!

Advertisement