Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scam Artists

Options
  • 05-05-2008 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

So I landed my Astra [check sig] up on the Buy and Sell, and received an email from some fella with a yahoo.co.uk email address pretended to be interested in my car. I played along and sent more details on the car that he had asked for. I then got this email from him:
    Thanks for your reply,there's no problem , i will like you to send me this details below today so that i will instruct my client to issue you GERMANY EURO BANK DRAFT that will clear within 2 -3days and send it to you and i will make an arrangement for the pick-up of the Opel Astra 1.7 Okay

And i based in united kingdom but presently am in DUBAI { UAE }and i will soon be back so send me this details today so that the EURO BANK DRAFT can be issue and send it to you by asap.Okay

And i will make an arrangement for the pick-up of the Opel Astra 1.7 and the amount that will be on the EURO BANK DRAFT will cover your money and the shipping charges ,so when you get your money the remaining funds will be send to the shipping agent.Okay
    FULL NAME :

FULL ADDRESS :

ASKING PRICE:

PHONE NUMBER :

Regards

Now I know a shister when I see one, but I was curious if others had the same problem when trying to sell their cars.

Comments

thats strange
    okay.

:D sorry cudnt help myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

here's the one I got after emailing a guy about a skoda on the autotrader.co.uk:

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail and being interested in my car because i really need to sell it ASAP !

First of all i would like to let you know why i am selling my car so cheap: one mounth ago i moved in Spain because of my job and now i live here with all my familly. The car has the steering wheel on the right side and nobody wants to buy it in Spain because all the cars has the steering wheel on left side here, so i need to sell it to Ireland because the car is still registered in Ireland and it's very easy to transfer the registration onto your name, without pay any import taxes or other taxes. Also i need money to buy another car certified in Spain with the steering wheel on left side so i can drive it here, really is not so easy to drive a car with the steering wheel on right side here.

Some words about the car:
    Immaculate car with loads of extra's, 55mpg, Full skoda service history with receipts, 6 months Skoda warranty remaining. Elegance model with Air con, Dual climate control, 17" alloys, Spoiler, Twin exhaust, Traction control, Center armrest etc etc.

The price is 6,000.00 Euro including all the shipping taxes and inssurance to Ireland, the car will be shipped by AIR and will arrive within 7 days after the downpayment has been made.

Now if you understood me and you are really interested to buy my car, i am waiting your e-mail with your decision and i will provide you with the informations about shipping/payment method.

Best Regards !

----
    then I emailed him that I am going to Spain and can pick up the car and never got any answer....

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

the car will be shipped by AIR and will arrive within 7 days

A car shipped by air?? :confused: What was it a Corgi classic or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

When those scammers learn how to write 'proper' we will all have to watch out!

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement