Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i got bagged the next day!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

couple of points

1 sorry to hear you got caught get a solicitor and beg for leiniancy on the grounds that you will be fecked if you cant drive offer to pay to charity quit drinking or whatever the solicitor thinks but it possaible

2 to clear up the levels thing the conc is different in different ways
    means that the Garda or prosecution must prove that the person drove a vehicle while the concentration of alcohol in the blood exceeded 80 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood, section 49(2), or 107 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of urine, section 49(3) or 35 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath section 49(4).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Conar wrote: »
    If you are working the next day and need to drive to work then you need to accept that you can't get totally sh*tfaced.

:) Better put that time !!
    Conar wrote: »
    True. I kind of went of on a tangent rant there about the whole country life being torn apart thing.

Don't really think they feel they've been 'torn apart' either... Generally it's a wanting for a better public transport system in rural areas. Not just for social purposes, but very often elderly folk have trouble simply getting out to do shopping etc, and have to rely on people to help them out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Whilst I do feel some sympathy for the OP, in trying to stretch out the time he took between drinking and travelling by car to work the next day (whereas plenty of people get smashed well into the wee hours and then get behind the wheel at 7.30am), 55 ml of alcohol per 100 ml on the breath is very high. Perhaps because he's a small man physically (5'3" I believe he mentioned) he was not able to metabolise as much alcohol as a taller person.:confused:

Anywho, what's done is done. The lesson to be learned here is that:

1) You can't get away with morning/next day driving over the limit anymore.

2) If you want to drink the night before driving, get yourself a home breathalyser kit. It migh cost a few yoyo but could save you a lot of misery - perhaps worse than a 2 year driving ban.

3 The culture of rural Ireland in particular is going to have to undergo a profound change. It might mean that heavy or even regular drinkers will no longer be able to live in one-off houses miles away from towns and public transport.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    3 The culture of rural Ireland in particular is going to have to undergo a profound change. It might mean that heavy or even regular drinkers will no longer be able to live in one-off houses miles away from towns and public transport.

Or the public transport system should extend to rural areas?! Nobody can expect people to move closer to towns etc in this day and age. Surely, the transport system should be moving towards them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Or the public transport system should extend to rural areas?! Nobody can expect people to move closer to towns etc in this day and age. Surely, the transport system should be moving towards them.

To facilitate any individual's excessive drinking?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Yes, better bus services in rural areas are desirable, but who is going to fund all of them? The rural population is too spread out too thinly for a regular viable service to most remote rural locations....much of which was caused by bad/no/corrupt planning in the first instance.

If drinking less is the price to paid for living in a one-off Southfork style house, then so be it.

Yes, better bus services in rural areas are desirable, but who is going to fund all of them? The rural population is too spread out too thinly for a regular viable service to most remote rural locations....much of which was caused by bad/no/corrupt planning in the first instance.

If drinking less is the price to paid for living in a one-off Southfork style house, then so be it.

+1 re: the bus service not being viable. As for the population being spread out too thinly........people really want to have their cake and eat it. Lots of people are complaining about the Green party's desire to put an end to one off rural housing and instead create village type communities which will be serviced by public transport, schools, shops, etc. These same people who want to live in their own house far away from the great unwashed also want to have access to public transport or be allowed to drive while over the limit because they live (by their own choice) so far away from everything else.

kizzyr wrote: »
    To facilitate any individual's excessive drinking?:rolleyes:

You should really read the thread before you post……. :rolleyes:

:) Not just for social purposes, but very often elderly folk have trouble simply getting out to do shopping etc, and have to rely on people to help them out.

Again, see above quote from a couple of posts up …

The rural population is too spread out too thinly for a regular viable service to most remote rural locations....much of which was caused by bad/no/corrupt planning in the first instance.

Of course funding is a problem, but it’s never going to happen if it’s never looked in to. I’ve been in Poland a couple of times over the past year or so. My girlfriend is from an extremely remote area of the country.. We can be in her house in 7 hours after taking off from Dublin, and the bus stops at the door of the house. That is a massive country with a population of 40 million.

You should really read the thread before you post……. :rolleyes:

Again, see above quote from a couple of posts up …

Of course funding is a problem, but it’s never going to happen if it’s never looked in to. I’ve been in Poland a couple of times over the past year or so. My girlfriend is from an extremely remote area of the country.. We can be in her house in 7 hours after taking off from Dublin, and the bus stops at the door of the house. That is a massive country with a population of 40 million.

I have read the entire thread thank you:) I do agree with your point regarding the difficulty older people have with regard to getting around etc but as the thread is based around the fact this man who lives in a rural area getting done for being over the limit while driving I made the point about the public transport and drinkers being facilitated.
    As you pointed out there is a population of 40 million in Poland, therefore many more people to use the overall system and so pay for the routes to rural areas that will not pay for themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm not taking any kind of moral high ground.

I agree.

I think 'Moral mountain-top' would suffice.

• Advertisement

I have read the entire thread thank you:)

Then why try to pull me up on something I had already mentioned?!
    As you pointed out there is a population of 40 million in Poland, therefore many more people to use the overall system and so pay for the routes to rural areas that will not pay for themselves.

There will also be more revenue as a result of the population. However, traveling through any other countries, it is so easy to get around. When I said where she is from is remote, I mean it is really remote. There are two houses on a stretch of a few miles. The bus that will go to there house is en route from a relatively large city to a tiny village (population approx 100). Compare that route to anything in the Midlands between Tullamore / Athlone / Mullingar. It’s a joke, and they are big towns, not a house on it’s own in the countryside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Conar

+1 more

This is the point I was trying to make earlier.
    When you decide to buy a house you need to decide what is most important to you.
    If its open countryside then you need to accept the disadvantages such as needing to drive to pretty much any/all services.
    If its suburban life then you need to accept that you will have noise, cars, , drugs etc etc (bad picture of suburban life).

I do agree with Elvis though that the elderly should be assisted once they can no longer drive etc but thats a topic for another thread.

Then why try to pull me up on something I had already mentioned?!

There will also be more revenue as a result of the population. However, traveling through any other countries, it is so easy to get around. When I said where she is from is remote, I mean it is really remote. There are two houses on a stretch of a few miles. The bus that will go to there house is en route from a relatively large city to a tiny village (population approx 100). Compare that route to anything in the Midlands between Tullamore / Athlone / Mullingar. It’s a joke, and they are big towns, not a house on it’s own in the countryside.

I wasn't pulling you up on something and yes I do agree that over all the public transport system in Ireland both urban and rural leaves a lot to be desired.
    stovelid wrote: »
    I agree.

I think 'Moral mountain-top' would suffice.

LOL some people are so terribly sensitive when alcohol intake is questioned. If I am on a moral mountain top then so what? I wasn't the one who spent the entire weekend getting stupidly drunk, putting the final nail in the coffin by drinking 6 more cans when I got home, nor indeed was I the one who got done for being well over the limit when I was driving the next day. I wasn't the one who broke the law and got caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

kev_s88 wrote: »

the Government and the RSA are not doing enough to educate us on these sort of situations.

So go educate yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Fair or unfair, the system is irresponsible in a sense because it (partly) relies on a person's ability to judge whether or not they are fit to drive.

Clearly the limit should be zero, as several on this thread (not that I've waded through all of it) have said or implied. Hey, presto, no confusion.

As for the OP, yes it is hard luck given he was trying to abide by the law. But there has to be a limit somwehere, and unfortunately he was over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    Fair or unfair, the system is irresponsible in a sense because it (partly) relies on a person's ability to judge whether or not they are fit to drive.

Clearly the limit should be zero, as several on this thread (not that I've waded through all of it) have said or implied. Hey, presto, no confusion.

As for the OP, yes it is hard luck given he was trying to abide by the law. But there has to be a limit somwehere, and unfortunately he was over it.

A limit of zero is unworkable for the reason of certain foods, mouthwash etc have trace alcohol in them.

I and the majorty if others have managed to not drink drive , it's not that hard. This weekend being the bank holiday i bet there were plenty of people havign bbq's etc (I went to one and didnt drink) and drinking yesterday. The obvious and responsible thing is not to spend a bank holiday monday drinking. all day.

LOL some people are so terribly sensitive when alcohol intake is questioned. .

I'm far more sensitive if I'm confronted with hysterical killjoys when i'm trying to have a sly read of boards in work, actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

sdonn_1 wrote: »

Apart from the trace levels of alcohol in 'harmless' products as already statede, how would a zero level result in "no confusion"? Perhaps you experience some sort of fantastic unmistakable smug/superior feeling when your blood alcohol level reaches zero? I'm pretty sure I don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Stekelly wrote: »
    A limit of zero is unworkable for the reason of certain foods, mouthwash etc have trace alcohol in them.
    DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Apart from the trace levels of alcohol in 'harmless' products as already statede, how would a zero level result in "no confusion"? Perhaps you experience some sort of fantastic unmistakable smug/superior feeling when your blood alcohol level reaches zero? I'm pretty sure I don't.

Obviously there would be an allowance for things that have traces of alcohol - I mean zero in the sense of where it is a high enough reading to prove someone has consumed alcohol, i.e. zero alcoholic drinks. As for no confusion, I meant confusion that the OP suffered in thinking he was safe to drive.

stovelid wrote: »
    I'm far more sensitive if I'm confronted with hysterical killjoys when i'm trying to have a sly read of boards in work, actually.

You really need to rearrange your desk so that you don't have to try for a sly reading of boards. ;)Make life much easier for yourself and will give the appearance of working very hard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

my "experiment" for want of a better word, ended up just being the 3 cans, i didnt even finish the 3rd, i basically wanted to see how these self tester kit things work. as i said i would have taken a taxi if it had been abywhere near the fail.
    it wasnt.
    its called "stop" its one of those bags with crytals in a tube.
    made in south africa, it says:
    "the manufacturer,suppliers,agents,distributers and retailers assume no responsibility for the consequences of subjects who test negative with this device but who later evidence that they are under the influence or their judgement has been impaired by alcohol"

i occasionally like a can or two the odd evening after work, depending if im on shift work/which shift/if im in the mood. this hasnt been made illegal ..yet!

the southfork style one-off house i bought was actually a 40 yr-old 2 bedroom bungalow do-er upper!- it didnt come through anyway as the estate agent rang me today to tell me its been pulled off the market, some legal row with the owners or something. ive had a lovely past 7 days.

there is NO bus route whatsoever at any time of day (except for the one school bus) from ballyhaise village to anywhere! there is no taxi service from ballyhaise, taxis have to be called from cavan town.

(edit) oh and the fleadh... i WAS the event, myself and 3 friends were playing all day and evening in one of the 2 pubs.

that is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Look at the bright side flanum. At least now you know taking the morning off after drinking so much over a weekend is not enough. Have the home test kit ready for next time you really are boozing it up. I mean, you could've kept on doing that over a period of years while thinking you are below the limit. And one day end up in a serious accident through no fault of your own but get all the blame because you are above the limit and get into really big trouble.

flanum wrote: »
    my "experiment" for want of a better word, ended up just being the 3 cans, i didnt even finish the 3rd, i basically wanted to see how these self tester kit things work. as i said i would have taken a taxi if it had been abywhere near the fail.
    it wasnt.
    its called "stop" its one of those bags with crytals in a tube.
    made in south africa, it says:
    "the manufacturer,suppliers,agents,distributers and retailers assume no responsibility for the consequences of subjects who test negative with this device but who later evidence that they are under the influence or their judgement has been impaired by alcohol"

i occasionally like a can or two the odd evening after work, depending if im on shift work/which shift/if im in the mood. this hasnt been made illegal ..yet!

the southfork style one-off house i bought was actually a 40 yr-old 2 bedroom bungalow do-er upper!- it didnt come through anyway as the estate agent rang me today to tell me its been pulled off the market, some legal row with the owners or something. ive had a lovely past 7 days.

there is NO bus route whatsoever at any time of day (except for the one school bus) from ballyhaise village to anywhere! there is no taxi service from ballyhaise, taxis have to be called from cavan town.

(edit) oh and the fleadh... i WAS the event, myself and 3 friends were playing all day and evening in one of the 2 pubs.

that is all.

How nice for the people who paid to see you........were they aware that you were going to be drunk while entertaining them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

CodeMonkey wrote: »
    Look at the bright side flanum.

Brought this to mind...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

How nice for the people who paid to see you........were they aware that you were going to be drunk while entertaining them?

paid...paid??? i certainly didnt see anybody paying in to the pub!! we didnt get paid either!
    it was a sesiun at a fleadh!
    have you ever been to a sesiun?
    have you ever been to a pub?
    have you ever been in any form of social setting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

As much as drink driving discusts me.. this is an interesting situation, it's obviously very difficult to know when the alcohol has totally left your system.. i think maybe they should provide more information on the gardais estimation on how long it takes for alcohol to leave your system etc..

maybe something like that emergency leaflet thing they sent out except this time relating to alcohol..

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

On average one unit an hour is broken down by your body. So if you've a calculator and you weren't so shítfaced last night that you can't remember how many units you drank, you can work it out....

Lets see, 4 pints, that's eight units. Then 3 sambuccas, but I spilled a bit over my shoulder and set fire to someone, so that's probably only 2.5 units. Then a body shot off this fat bird. Reckon that was three units easy. *Gag*.

Then I got sick, so I reckon -5 units there, but then I snogged this paralytic drunk chick who spewed a bit into my mouth. Maybe an extra .5 units. Now all that happened in poland where there were an hour ahead, so if I just carry the one...

*Note - none of this may actually have happened outside of my head*

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

paid...paid??? i certainly didnt see anybody paying in to the pub!! we didnt get paid either!
    it was a sesiun at a fleadh!
    have you ever been to a sesiun?
    have you ever been to a pub?
    have you ever been in any form of social setting?

Actually I don't think they have ever been drunk or commited a crime or deviated from doing the perfect thing. That's the feeling I get from reading their posts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Interesting thread! I'm still fascinated as to how the OP ended up 60% over the current (not new/reduced) limit. Flatnum - is there any chance you would honestly outline your drinking for Sat and Sun? What time did u hit the sack on Sat night? What time did u start again on Sun? I think many readers of this thread would have assumed that a few cans and a 10 hour sleep would leave you fine to drive.

• Advertisement

You're not really grasping the concept of trad music here, are you Kizzy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Phibsboro wrote: »
    I'm still fascinated as to how the OP ended up 60% over the current (not new/reduced) limit.
    it came out at 55. the limit apparently is 35.

I actually meant to raise this point yesterday. Where has this 55 limit come from? The limit is 80mg/100ml.

http://www.irishhealth.com/index.html?level=4&id=9532

" Currently, the legal blood alcohol limit for all drivers in the Republic is 80 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood."

So either this is the most intricate troll ever (which I highly doubt) or something else weird has gone on. Maybe OP has numbers incorrect???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭source

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I actually meant to raise this point yesterday. Where has this 55 limit come from? The limit is 80mg/100ml.

http://www.irishhealth.com/index.html?level=4&id=9532

" Currently, the legal blood alcohol limit for all drivers in the Republic is 80 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood."

So either this is the most intricate troll ever (which I highly doubt) or something else weird has gone on. Maybe OP has numbers incorrect???

this has been answered about 5 times already in this thread, For breath sample the limit is 35microgrammes per 100 ml of breath, for a blood sample the limit is 80mg per 100ml of blood, and a urine sample is 107mg per 100ml urine.

The OP was asked to give a breath sample on an intoxyliser machine in the station and blew 55microgrammes per 100ml of breath, thereby putting him 20microgrammes over the legal limit which is quite considerable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭lennox1

Flanum,sorry for your trouble,and I don't wish to alarm you but it might be an idea to visit your G.P to have some liver function tests done in case your liver is not working at full capacity.Perhaps that would account for so much alcohol being still in your system after that period of time.Only you know your alcohol intake history and we don't have to be falling about alcoholics to get liver disease.Just an idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 crimbob-

Has anyone got their summons from the picnic yet???

crimbob- wrote: »
    Has anyone got their summons from the picnic yet???

what does that mean??

Anyhow im up on thursday, obviously going to lose my licence for 2 years, (no appeals etc..read the new laws), im obviously going to have to quit my job and become a burden on the state, does anybody happen to know if there is a limit on how much free rent/money you can get off the state for freeloading? im going to have to do it for the next 2 years! feckit, everybody seems to be havin better craic on the dole anyhow, (i can always do nixers anyhow, im a proffesional!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Sucks to be you bud :D. Better you being caught than some family being left grieving. As for your getting to job woes and all that there you should have thought of that before getting behind the wheel

gixerfixer wrote: »
    Sucks to be you bud :D. Better you being caught than some family being left grieving. As for your getting to job woes and all that there you should have thought of that before getting behind the wheel

:Dyou obviously havent read any of the thread have you:D;):rolleyes::):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I feel some sympathy for the OP here as he actually took some measures to try and avoid being over the limit but unfortunately it wasn't enough. I know it's easy to say now 'oh you should have taken the whole day off' etc. but that was a fair bit of alcohol you sank over that weekend and there has to be a set limit for people not to exceed when tested as it can't possibly be adapted to everyone's individual circumstances of how big/small they are, how much they had, how fast they metabolise alcohol.

What is interesting in this thread is what is revealed about people's apparent attitudes to alcohol. A lot seem to think that you MUST have alcohol to enjoy a night out or social event, that the mere concept of meeting your friends or doing anything social must involve copious amounts of drinking.

I know this is Ireland and a drinking culture has been ingrained into most of us but if people are going to carry on driving then they need to rethink their attitude to alcohol and realise that this is something you cannot do unless you want to take an unacceptable risk of killing yourself and/or someone else.

Plus if I had 50c for every time someone used the phrase 'high horse' on boards.ie, I could actually be driving my dream car by now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

What is interesting in this thread is what is revealed about people's apparent attitudes to alcohol. A lot seem to think that you MUST have alcohol to enjoy a night out or social event, that the mere concept of meeting your friends or doing anything social must involve copious amounts of drinking.

I know this is Ireland and a drinking culture has been ingrained into most of us but if people are going to carry on driving then they need to rethink their attitude to alcohol and realise that this is something you cannot do unless you want to take an unacceptable risk of killing yourself and/or someone else.

Plus if I had 50c for every time someone used the phrase 'high horse' on boards.ie, I could actually be driving my dream car by now :)

Drinking for some people is becoming socially unacceptable, especially when it interferes with peoples livelihood.

You don't need a drink to have a good time (see my sig for a non-drinkers meetup:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Always ask for a blood test when you get to the station. Also delay it as long as possible. Long toilet trips, ask for plenty water etc.

That's what I plan to do if it ever happens me

Although I don't drink, so I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭source

chump wrote: »
    Always ask for a blood test when you get to the station. Also delay it as long as possible. Long toilet trips, ask for plenty water etc.

That's what I plan to do if it ever happens me

Although I don't drink, so I doubt it.

well done chump, NOBODY TRY THIS, once you're arrested for drink driving you loose control of all those things, the Gardai call a doctor and they have 3 hours to get you to give you a blood sample, they also allow you nil by mouth until after the test and can if need be disallow you from using the toilet.

oh and don't think that you have 3 hours to give the sample, once the doctor arrives you will be requested to give the sample, if you refuse then that's an offence which carries a penalty of a fine of 635 yoyos and or 6 months in jail. so not really something you should try or advise others to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

:Dyou obviously havent read any of the thread have you:D;):rolleyes::):p

Nope ive read the whole thing.Just because it's the next day after getting loaded doesnt mean you should get away with drink driving.if your over the limit well thats just bad luck:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Conar

gixerfixer wrote: »
    Nope ive read the whole thing.Just because it's the next day after getting loaded doesnt mean he should get away with drink driving.if your over the limit well thats just bad luck:)

You're actually replying to the OP there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

The first time I read Flanum's first post I felt really sorry for him and still do. He tried to do everything he could to be on the safe side. But as a consequence I'm after cutting down my drink levels and am bordering on paronid if I've being drinking the night before and am practically only drinking now if I have no work the next day. Midweek bottle of wine is now a no go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

I think my unanswered question earlier on this thread is all the more relevant when we have people saying they will be cutting down on the basis of flatnum's experience. Flatnum - can you tell us what exactly you had to drink on Sat and Sun? What time did you stop on Sat, what time did you start again on Sunday? I am assuming you've gone through this with the lads you were playing with, trying to get some idea of how you ended up over the limit on Monday lunchtiime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭shnaek

Good luck with the case, flanum. I feel bad for you man. We're intent on criminalising everyone in the country at the moment. Seems to be the way we are going. The only advise I would give but it is probably too late now is to get the best lawyer money can buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I don't really believe the OP (did he take a half day because he's a concerned driver, or more likely because he didn't want to wake up with a hangover?), but I still think he's fairly unlucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

i read the thread title and thought this was some kind of teabagging assault carried out by a vigilante group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

'Ol wrote:
    i read the thread title and thought this was some kind of teabagging assault carried out by a vigilante group

I thought it was teabagging as well. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Tough!!!!!!

There is a law in place - you broke that law - you now have to face the consequences - now you're throwing your toys out of your pram because you got caught, grow up!!!

A friend of mine was killed earlier on this year by a man who like you OP thought he was below the legal limit. He never saw the road signs coming up to a cross road and drove straight into the side of my friends car killing him nearly instantly on impact. The man in question was i think 1.5 times over the limit. ( im not 100% sure on this but i know he wasnt as high as 2 times over) Now his daughter has no father. His girlfriend no longer has her partner. Two families are broken, the one of my friend and the man who killed him. For what?? An extra can or two? There is a law in place, because this thing happens! Accidents happen the morning after as well as the night before.

How you can try justify this is beyond me. Ok you tried taking the morning off work thinking you would be ok but if you knew you were going to have a serious weekend of it why did you not take the full day off to give your body the benefit of the doubt? I understand that everyone's body works differntly and nobody can truly tell the ''wearing off time ''of a unit of alcohol as it is determined and changed by so things like weight loss but with the amount of people that are being killed on our roads in recent years would it not make you more aware of the effects your drinking and driving would have on society, your family and the family of the person you hurt?

Next time it may not be the guards that stop you but a school bus carrying 50 children that you have just plunged into the side of......

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement