Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why I love DIT

Options
  • 05-05-2008 4:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

the disorganisation of the place really its great for a disorganised student like myself. any other college i would have failed years ago.

the small campuses u get to know loads of people

approachable lecturers

bolton street btw!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭randomcountdown

I'm a first year in Kevin ST and so far I have had great experiences in DIT.
    Sure, I don't have tons of projects to work on so don't find the hustle and bustle much of a bother but the college has been really accomodating and the lecturers are really friendly and approachable, hell, I have Bryan Duggan on gmail chat and he's dead on. The atmosphere is really nice and the segregation by building works in my favour by keeping business students and arts students out of my sight 24/7.

I was a bit shocked to hear the college never taught someone regular expressions, but then if you expect a college to teach you EVERYTHING you are a bit silly to be honest, but regular expressions wouldn't take long to teach and are HUGELY beneficial so :S

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

jolt from a can - ohh so good.

nesty - seeing someone than is uglier than yourself is a big plus.

mr president - i miss his bribes of lollipops and pens :(

Cremo wrote: »

THEY RAISED THE PRICE TO 1.05!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Lol, i misread that! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

THEY RAISED THE PRICE TO 1.05!!!!!!

Yeah really annoying that. Its the first price hike in, what 2 years? so its not so bad. Its just annoying though, it was really convenient to just have a euro coin ready. Don't like this small change malarkey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭AlexBM

WiDGe-> wrote: »
    the disorganisation of the place really its great for a disorganised student like myself. any other college i would have failed years ago.

the small campuses u get to know loads of people

approachable lecturers

bolton street btw!

+1 for the disorganisation in Bolton St. -1 for the actual liking of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Ah yes, 'Painty-Face'. She has improved on last year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

Pish! They weren't bribes they were the only way of dealing with final year stress. Everyone should try it lollies for all when stress approaches! Plus it's a valid excuse for owning cargo pants.

Anyway everyone should pop into the union office and say hello. They're awfully friendly and they usually have some free pens or other bits and pieces knocking about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Ah yes, 'Painty-Face'. She has improved on last year though.

Who's Painty-face?
    What campus?

Umm for the watered down canteen curry sauce, not bad says I !

she's also A.K.A

nesty.
    birds nest
    speed bump
    willy wonka's little helper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

she's also A.K.A

nesty.
    birds nest
    speed bump

Where did willy wonka's little helper come from? She's an Oompa Lumpa, lets not try and disguise that.

If I'm this much of an asshole when I'm in 3rd/4th year I want someone to shoot me.

orla wrote: »
    Where did willy wonka's little helper come from? She's an Oompa Lumpa, lets not try and disguise that.
    that's my secret name for her :pac:
    If I'm this much of an asshole when I'm in 3rd/4th year I want someone to shoot me.
    no i'm just an asshole DIT didn't do this to me although it fuels it sometimes.

joeybloggs wrote: »
    Who's Painty-face?

Nesty. It's a second year thing. ;)

I think I now know who ur going on about.But ppl, between you's and me I probably wud......

I kept following her last yr, just praying she would lead me to the DIT Face Painter*.I love being a pirate you see.....:)

I am still looking for that face Painter.........:(

*The SU have recently informed me that DIT do not actually provide this service.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

no worries mate , i will shot you long before that, .......need something to blame on computer games .

Maybe she's a jugallo
    ask her if she drinks Faygo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Is this "nesty" thing in aungier street? Think I've seen it but not sure if it's the same one.

Arabel wrote: »
    Is this "nesty" thing in aungier street? Think I've seen it but not sure if it's the same one.

No, Kevin Street. And 'it' happens to be a woman by the way! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Max_Damage wrote: »
    No, Kevin Street. And 'it' happens to be a woman by the way! ;)

Hmm there's a yoke in Aungier street that ticks all those boxes too.

• Advertisement

Arabel wrote: »
    Hmm there's a yoke in Aungier street that ticks all those boxes too.

Well maybe 'it' does the rounds, you know.Taking the show on the roads kind of thing.
    'Nesty' coming to a Bolton Street near you!

I want to be different so I also like the Fashion show, Televisions in the library and over heated rooms!

a yoke?

in aungier street's case don't you mean hundreds?

Yeah, but Painty-Face really pushes the boat in comparison to the rest of the Umpa Lumpa's around the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ModeSkeletor

a yoke?

in aungier street's case don't you mean hundreds?

If not thousands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

It's historically proven that business student's "do themselves up more" than any other.

Why I love DIT - because it turns out some of the most competant, practical, and innovative students just IMO.
    Possibly because they weren't handed everything on a plate and had to ask questions of lecturers who don't mind answering the questions, and making themselves available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

The few things I like about DIT are that most of the lecturers are sound enough, and there's a half decent looking bird working in the Student Union Shop in Kevin St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

she's also A.K.A

nesty.
    birds nest
    speed bump

Is this the one who sorta looks like Amy Winehouse, what with the hair and makeup? Or am I wrong?

Why I like DIT? Because nearly all my lecturers have proved themselves out in the real world. They've been the experts, consultants, the high earners. Basically the opposite of a lot of my lecturers in my previous college... I hated having smug-ass 24 year old PhD students explaining how things are done in the real world...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

sunnyjim wrote: »
    Is this the one who sorta looks like Amy Winehouse, what with the hair and makeup? Or am I wrong?

Yup that sounds about right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I love DIT because it sells red BPM. I'm lost at the moment without it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

I love DIT because it sells red BPM. I'm lost at the moment without it.
    If only spar did degrees.

This thread makes me hate DIT more and more, because reading the replies, the only thing people are enjoying about DIT are the soft drinks they sell in the student union shop.

Advertisement