Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

asian women

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

funnily enough, I like nearly all the people on boards.

---Joke--->

/|\
    ./\ <-- You

:p Ah yeah I love everyone on boards, where would be be without them.
    Also interestingly I find white guys who have a thing for Asian women are (generally) blokes one would consider "less than average" ie they're unable of pulling a decent white burd (and they know it).
    Awww, did someone get turned down by the nice asian ladies? Stings a bit, I've heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I know what it's like though to be shouted at on the street. Many times have scum bags shouted 'cut your hair' out of their car window (and drive off pretty fast).

So in other words, you've never met with anything other than casual, mindless prejudice? Not the real, ugly, dangerous kind of racism? I'm not surprised in the slightest - some of the most vocal people about all this PC sh1te are the ones who aren't even directly affected.

I've experienced (actual) racism first hand. I lived in Japan for almost two years, and the kinds of equal status laws we have over here don't mean jack over there. I had people say to my face that they weren't going to employ me because I was a foreigner (you won't see that kind of open racism in an Irish business). I was attacked verbally and once physically because of the colour of my skin. When I was able to arrange a job, I had people avoid me because I was an outsider, and I had no hope of earning what a Japanese person would. In a bar I worked in, I was on the receiving end of death threats from local gangsters on several occasions because they didn't like seeing a white guy in their local.

That's real racism. Getting riled up and arguing about out-of-fashion terms and jokes on the internet is pathetic.
    No they're not.

Haha, pay a visit to Nagasaki and see if you still think that! Some of the hottest women on the planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

FruitLover wrote: »

That's real racism. Getting riled up and arguing about out-of-fashion terms and jokes on the internet is pathetic.

Well said Sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

singloud wrote: »
    BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH.

Hilarious, you've brought a tear to my eye.

Mostly because, unlike other posters here who put forward (well I might add) that CHinaman is a bad thing. Sadly, you argued terribly (assumptions on kickoutthejams friends etc)

There have been people who have the same thoughts on Chinaman as you. But all the posters on here against you seem to be your terrible way of arguing. As Lord CHessington put it:

Good man yourself, you desperately cling to the idea of "winning" an internet debate. Keep telling yourself that. You might even start to believe it.

Seriously, how old are you?
    I really must ask that.

Do you honestly in your heart of hearts really think you have won this? If so, why do so many people on this thread appear to have a problem with you. That doesn't happen to someone who "wins" arguments that an "objective person" would see.

How nice for kickoutthejams that you conveniently quote my reply to him. You have to be the biggest brown-noser I've ever seen. You must be hoping for a moderatorship of your own. Either that, or you HAVE to be a second account. I'm almost convinced of it. I'll see if amp will compare your IP, as I believe it's against the rules. If he won't, he won't. Fair enough.

I see he's now called me a troll. How cheap. First he gives up the debate, then he blocks me, then he KEEPS talking about me...and calls ME a troll. Pretty childish I must say. Anyone who reads back will see it.

For the second time, you ask me how old I am. Is that all you have? You're hoping I tell you I'm older than you, then you say, "Well you act like a child". That's a tired old script.

You COULD (just a suggestion) try picking up the debate where kickoutthejams left off (key point, he walked away, not me). But something tells me you're not interested in a debate. Only mudslinging. If neither of you want to debate, don't address me or talk about me. Simple. Otherwise, you are the troll.

So in other words, you've never met with anything other than casual, mindless prejudice? Not the real, ugly, dangerous kind of racism? I'm not surprised in the slightest - some of the most vocal people about all this PC sh1te are the ones who aren't even directly affected.

I've experienced (actual) racism first hand. I lived in Japan for almost two years, and the kinds of equal status laws we have over here don't mean jack over there. I had people say to my face that they weren't going to employ me because I was a foreigner (you won't see that kind of open racism in an Irish business). I was attacked verbally and once physically because of the colour of my skin. When I was able to arrange a job, I had people avoid me because I was an outsider, and I had no hope of earning what a Japanese person would. In a bar I worked in, I was on the receiving end of death threats from local gangsters on several occasions because they didn't like seeing a white guy in their local.

Sorry to hear that. Still though, it's a white man's world so you're luckier than a black man, or indeed an Asian. I don't quite understand the logic you're trying to construct though. Sure, jokes are an extremely mild form of racism compared with an assault, but both are worth expressing disgust over. Just because I personally haven't experienced public racial abuse, it doesn't diminish my hatred of the mindset. I'd like a world where nobody is racially abused, but making excuses for racist jokes is a step in the wrong direction. It's all part of the 'us v them' mindset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Google Lilly Thai quickly and bust some stress man.
    Thanks for that, Sammy. :)

Sorry to hear that. Still though, it's a white man's world

Not in Asia or Africa, it's not (but I don't see what this has to do with the adopted topic).
    I don't quite understand the logic you're trying to construct though. Sure, jokes are an extremely mild form of racism compared with an assault, but both are worth expressing disgust over. Just because I personally haven't experienced public racial abuse, it doesn't diminish my hatred of the mindset.

My point is, you're not talking about actual racial abuse. Racial jokes are incomparable to death threats and social or professional ostracization; you're talking about something that's practically insignificant in any real sense. I get the feeling that you're only continuing this discussion for the pedantic sake of argument at this point.

Not in Asia or Africa, it's not (but I don't see what this has to do with the adopted topic).

My point is, you're not talking about actual racial abuse. Racial jokes are incomparable to death threats and social or professional ostracization; you're talking about something that's practically insignificant in any real sense. I get the feeling that you're only continuing this discussion for the pedantic sake of argument at this point.

No I would have been happy to leave this thread alone, only certain people kept talking about me and trying to indirectly continue the debate with me (while taking away my ability to reply). I wouldn't expect you to kept track of every single post, but please, if you don't believe me, read back through.

You're right, racist jokes are incomparable to death threats, but they all are part of the same beast. One doesn't need to have experienced racist death threats in order to speak out against racist jokes.

I notice you call them 'racial' jokes - is that different to a 'racist' joke? I really can't see how they might be separate things. Maybe it depends on how bad or 'extreme' the joke is, but I just don't think any of them are worth defending. They are the sort of jokes that somebody might tell under their breath after looking over their shoulder and saying, "Hey, I'm not racist, but...". Like I said, it's part of a 'them VS us' mentality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

caoibhin wrote: »
    Well said Sir.

Aye, +1.

There was the odd neo-nazi skinhead in school with me back in Belgium with the openly xenophobic Vlaams Belang party. Hearing some of their views chilled me to the bone as on occasion, they could come across as nice people.
    THAT'S racism.

I'll +1 this too while I'm here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

Awww, did someone get turned down by the nice asian ladies? Stings a bit, I've heard.

I don't know? Did someone? I prefer white meat myself.

Ah now, you must have seen the odd Asian or Latino who made you go :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

And I just bet they love it when you call them that. Step aside Casanova, we have a new heart throb on the block. Seriously, form a boy band or something.

/fail

Using meat as a metaphor for women is sure to gain you a swift kick in the testicles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Though I hear you can get away with comparing them to birds. :rolleyes:

Davidius wrote: »
    Though I hear you can get away with comparing them to birds. :rolleyes:

Shhh, secret knowledge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

/fail

Haha, look at the internet hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Sadly, I can still see your posts as singloud has been quoting them. He's not on my ignore list. Man, your probably the first person on Boards to genuinely annoy me.

You've really annoyed him it seems
    He's just a really lovely person. I hope he finds the cure to cancer.

Jesus relax man :eek:

One can only give so much praise before it starts to sound suspicious

Cunny-Funt wrote: »

Ah yeah.

It's reciprocal anyway.
    Jesus relax man :eek:
    Unignored him.
    Where did he say that? Sure I'm not a fan of the guy but I really don't recall him resorting to personal abuse to anyone.

<_<

>_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭reregholdsworth

Aw man he's back.

Doesn't this kid ever just go away?

Funnily enough mate, there's nothing stopping you from talking as much as you like. Ignore just means I don't have to look at your posts except when people quote them. You can still read my posts so do what you like.

Funnily enough despite your claims to have "won" the debate, why is it that noone is agreeing with you? So far you've had a couple of people put you on ignore and had others telling you to loosen up.
    What does that tell you?

Oh yeah, I forgot. Everyone either knows me personally, is my alt account or else strongly agrees with me.

I'm gonna plus one the idea that you need stress relief.

I agree with them in much of what they have said.

• Advertisement

Whos them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭ibuprofen

PSI wrote: »
    Except the Irish, you smell like stale beer and sour milk :rolleyes:
    and you're a moderator:eek:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OK-Cancel-Apply viewpost.gif
    He's just a really lovely person. I hope he finds the cure to cancer.

Jesus relax man eek.gif

One can only give so much praise before it starts to sound suspicious

What the hell is this???? That quote is a complete FABRICATION. I did not say that. What possessed you to post a FAKE quote? Do you want to just perpetuate all this BS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cowan

To quote a certain Mr. Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother..

''Hey, so you know how I've always had a thing for half-Asian girls? Well, now I've got a new favorite: Lebanese girls! Lebanese girls are the new half-Asians.''

Legen... wait for it... dary! Legendary!

What the hell is this???? That quote is completely accurate . I said that with pride. Thank you so much for posting my quote! I love you.

Cheers man but I don't play for that team:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Behave or STFU. That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

I'm sure someone will have gotten at this in the last 15 pages :eek:.

But i think Hot "insert race here" women are hot and that ugly "insert race here" women are not.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DanGerMus wrote: »
    and that ugly "insert race here" women are not.

What? Ya big racist. Foreign = hot. FACT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

What? Ya big racist. Foreign = hot. FACT.

<<<'Slaps himself on the cheek'. Damn, of course, what was i thinking sorry. Too many beers or not enough i forget how it works with me.

I notice you call them 'racial' jokes - is that different to a 'racist' joke?

I didn't consciously notice that I used the phrase 'racial' at the time, but I suppose I probably did it because I don't see most race- or nationality-based jokes as genuinely racist in any sense of consequence - they're just jokes that happen to have a certain stereotype as the basis, not necessarily an attack on the people in question. I'll laugh at blonde jokes, but that doesn't mean that I genuinely think any more or less of women based on the colour of their hair. In exactly the same fashion, I wouldn't expect that someone who tells an Irish or Chinese joke to have a genuine problem with people of those nationalities. They may well do, but it's not a prerequisite to tell and/or find humour in these types of jokes. IMO, jokes based on stereotypes don't automatically imply a prejudice toward the stereotype in question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

No they're not.

Also interestingly I find white guys who have a thing for Asian women are (generally) blokes one would consider "less than average" ie they're unable of pulling a decent white burd (and they know it).

so asian women have a thing for ugly white men!!! wtf:confused:

I keep hearing the word "racist" bandied about.
    Anti-Irish racism, Anti-Indian racism etc

There's only one race folks.
    The human race.
    THe more we go on about the necessity of being respectful of race the more we're drawing attention to the difference.

When I was around four, our neighbours were black. None of us kids noticed it, we played with them all them same and never really noticed they were black anymore than you notice a kid being more tanned than you until I kept being reminded to be respectful of their race by adults.

Only then I noticed they were different, until then they were just neighbours.

fredzer wrote: »
    so asian women have a thing for ugly white men!!! wtf:confused:
    Damn straight, it's simple genetics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

When I was around four, our neighbours were black. None of us kids noticed it, we played with them all them same and never really noticed they were black anymore than you notice a kid being more tanned than you until I kept being reminded to be respectful of their race by adults.

Yeah, I've always thought that. Kids never see the difference between skin tone, and a laugh sounds the same in every language. It really is something which is learned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I keep hearing the word "racist" bandied about.
    Anti-Irish racism, Anti-Indian racism etc

There's only one race folks.
    The human race.

THe more we go on about the necessity of being respectful of race the more we're drawing attention to the difference.

In your opinion. There is still plenty of research and debate to be done and is ongoing on the subject. I believe Homo Sapiens are a species in which there are sub-races (clines, populations or whatever other words are used). Doesn't mean i see one as superior over the other though.

On the thread it's funny that a thread about Asian women turned into one about Chinese men.

dsmythy wrote: »
    In your opinion. There is still plenty of research and debate to be done and is ongoing on the subject.

How exactly would you define race?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I like how a thread about Asian women being hot has reached 16 pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I was in finland once and a friend told me a joke about the swedes, but I better not tell you it in case I am accused of being swed(e)ist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

How exactly would you define race?

A group of people separated from another group of people by X numbers of years resulting in genetic differences arising from this separation would constitute being of different race or cline to the other group.

What is the X? That's what i wonder. I'll leave that to the scientists.

This would be in a hierarchical type format as summised by this comment.

"What these studies show ... is that race is a hierarchical phenomenon. Thus, at a higher level you have Mongoloids, at a lower levels, Mongoloids are divided to East Asians and Native Americans, at a still lower level as studies have shown, Mongoloids can be divided into northern and southern groups and so on.

"It is also important to note that genetic differences become smaller at lower levels of the hierarchy, even though our ability to differentiate between groups is intact. Thus, we can conclude with 100% certainty whether someone is a European vs. African, and also with 100% certainty whether someone is a Russian or a Basque, but obviously Russians are much closer to Basques genetially than Europeans are to Africans."

This is my view at present but obviously if research begins to show otherwise then i will accept it and change my views. I never presume myself to be 100% correct.

Regardless of whether we think one way or another if i say Chinaman i wouldn't be happy with being called a racist because of it like the other guy in this thread was bleating on about previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

No they're not.

you are a cock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

In my experience, many minorities are far more open minded to jokes than most people think.

I knew a couple of black people who would always say black people jokes to people and would laugh at black jokes themselves. Same with asian jokes etc.

A guy with albinism in my college reffered to himself as 'snow ni*ger' a while back. He now deserves legend status in my books.
    :D

dsmythy wrote: »
    A group of people separated from another group of people by X numbers of years resulting in genetic differences arising from this separation would constitute being of different race or cline to the other group.

What is the X? That's what i wonder. I'll leave that to the scientists.

This would be in a hierarchical type format as summised by this comment.

"What these studies show ... is that race is a hierarchical phenomenon. Thus, at a higher level you have Mongoloids, at a lower levels, Mongoloids are divided to East Asians and Native Americans, at a still lower level as studies have shown, Mongoloids can be divided into northern and southern groups and so on.

"It is also important to note that genetic differences become smaller at lower levels of the hierarchy, even though our ability to differentiate between groups is intact. Thus, we can conclude with 100% certainty whether someone is a European vs. African, and also with 100% certainty whether someone is a Russian or a Basque, but obviously Russians are much closer to Basques genetially than Europeans are to Africans."

This is my view at present but obviously if research begins to show otherwise then i will accept it and change my views. I never presume myself to be 100% correct.

Regardless of whether we think one way or another if i say Chinaman i wouldn't be happy with being called a racist because of it like the other guy in this thread was bleating on about previously.

Fair enough, I understand what you mean.

Although I'm still of the opinion the only race is that of humans.

I don't think Chinaman is racist simply as China is a country. Composed of many different groups sure but they're united by a nationality, not some form of race.

CrazyTalk wrote: »
    A guy with albinism in my college reffered to himself as 'snow ni*ger' a while back. He now deserves legend status in my books.
    :D

Sure the Irish in America were referred to as the White N*ggers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Swarley

cowan wrote: »
    To quote a certain Mr. Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother..

''Hey, so you know how I've always had a thing for half-Asian girls? Well, now I've got a new favorite: Lebanese girls! Lebanese girls are the new half-Asians.''

Legen... wait for it... dary! Legendary!

Half Asian Women are Hot!! and Barney Stinson is Legen wait for it..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Swarley

Dary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Zombie thread!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement