Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants - when to apply?

Options
  • 05-05-2008 7:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭

One for Myth as usual I think :D

Does anyone know when the applications generally open for grants via the VECs and, if the rate of grant goes up year on year, what the increase this year is likely to be(i.e. is it a lot or essentially the same as last year)? The Cork VEC website is still showing info for 2007.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

From memory here, the VEC applications close in July. (Possibly :o) Contact them and they'll give you all the info you need.

Think you might be a month out Smashey :) - the VECs and Council both accept applications up until the last (working) day in August, which I think this year is the 29th of August. There are plans for changes for the year after (2009/10 academic year) with May being the time mentioned.

As for when they start taking applications, the start of June is usually when the grant departments kick into gear.

The increase this year in the grant I assume will be minimal - but there's no way of knowing for sure. There should be announcement sometime soon about it.

You can keep an eye on the papers or else have a looksee on this forum since I'm sure the information will be thrown up when it's available.

Just for your information, the application form has been put together early (don't bother printing it off, just contact the VEC/Council and they'll send one your way): http://www.ivea.ie/student_support/ss_grant_application_web.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Thanks Smashey & Myth....fonts of knowledge as always :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Myth wrote: »
    Think you might be a month out Smashey :) -
    That's it. I got it mixed up with my fees application to WELB in Omagh.:o

Advertisement