Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Boardeaux 6-0 Fabulous Benedictine Monks Tues May 6th - 21.30 @Columbas

• 05-05-2008 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭

Another must win game. These guys haven't even managed a draw yet and have only scored 2 goals. Depending on how results go we could jump up to 3rd if we win.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ya, our next 3 games are must wins and we can look at it then again, we are doing ok, if ss rovers are the team to beat, im confident that we can overhaul them cos we have the beating of them surely.

our record against these is -

2-2 draw (my first ever game for boards, we led 1-0, went 2-1 down after half time and then we equalised with 2 minutes left)

3-3 draw (we led 3-0 however it was an awful night, wind, rain, one of the worst condions i have ever played in so it wasnt a bad result considering)

i should be ok for this, leg is getting better and better and i hope to play some part in a gaa game at home tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Looking forward to this. Injury not totally healed yet i think (going to run down to the sea now and take a swim which should let me know) but i'll probably be alright.

Don't suppose anyone able to give me a lift from town (and then back towards town)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yeh if anyone's heading out from north side or town I'll take a lift please. Hopefully with no tv football and nice weather we'll have a full squad and hopefully get a victory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

I'll be there. 3 in a row is a possibility here lads, could be a good run.

Sorry about the lookalikes thread by the way, no offense intended.

Late kick off, but at least we don't have to put up the tennis nets afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I'll be there lads, will be going via the m50 this week so cant do lifts I am afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

im going from town but I've no idea where columbus is or even what bus might get me anywhere near it. any suggestions?

No bus goes anywhere near it.

time to bring some order to this i think!

Carl -
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - Yes
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Geoff -
    Simon -
    Cathal -
    Garda Shay -
    Colm -
    Gav -
    Sav -
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Kenny - Yes
    Lepo -
    Jules –
    Art -
    Keith - Yes
    Eddie(Nunu) -
    Iain (j_o_c) - Yes
    Owen - Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

Carl -
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - Yes
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Geoff -
    Simon -
    Cathal -
    ***** Shay - Yes
    Colm -
    Gav -
    Sav -
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Kenny - Yes
    Lepo - Yes
    Jules –
    Art -
    Keith - Yes
    Eddie(Nunu) -
    Iain (j_o_c) - Yes
    Owen - Ye

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Fatmag

Carl -
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - Yes
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Geoff -
    Simon -
    Cathal -
    ***** Shay - Yes
    Colm -
    Gav -
    Sav -
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Kenny - Yes
    Lepo - Yes
    Jules –
    Art - Yes
    Keith - Yes
    Eddie(Nunu) -
    Iain (j_o_c) - Yes
    Owen - Yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Anyone available to give me a lift?

Shay, Keith?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Carl -
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - Yes
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Geoff -
    Simon -
    Cathal -
    ***** Shay - Yes
    Colm - Yes
    Gav -
    Sav -
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Kenny - Yes
    Lepo - Yes
    Jules –
    Art -
    Keith - Yes
    Eddie(Nunu) -
    Iain (j_o_c) - Yes
    Owen - Yes

Ian I'll be getting the bus from town. The 16 goes closest to the pitch, if you get off where it turns left off grange road (away from marlay park) it's about 15 mins walk from there.
    http://mkmap.com/dublin

Its a longer walk than that is it not Colm? You must walk fast :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Carl -
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - Yes
    Dan -
    Michael - Yes
    Geoff -
    Simon -
    Cathal -
    ***** Shay - Yes
    Colm - Yes
    Gav -
    Sav -
    Larry -
    Dave -
    Kenny - Yes
    Lepo - Yes
    Jules –
    Art -
    Keith - Yes
    Eddie(Nunu) -
    Iain (j_o_c) - Yes
    Owen - Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

It's a fair bit more than a 15min walk unfortunately. Was shown the stop and it was a fair distance.

Injury still hanging in there, felt tight and sore after the run and swim yesterday but probably playable. That said it's a right mission to get in there and back and pretty much my entire night gone (with exams all this week it's a bigger deal than i wish it was).

I'll see what the numbers are like but if we have plenty i'm going to have to miss this week i think. I'll give desf a text anyway and let him know incase he doesn't check here before the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

is anyone going from anywhere relatively close to town or even beside a luas line somewhere. This 16 bus doesnt seem to feesible. Actually even if someone could pick me up from the bus stop that would be super

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'll be leaving Sandyford at 8.30pm to get there early for this one and don't mind either giving lifts from the Sandyford Luas stop or at the 16 busstop. PM me for mobile number if you want.

Carl -
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - Yes

Dan -
    Michael - Yes
    Geoff - Yes
    Simon -
    Cathal -

***** Shay - Yes
    Colm - Yes

Gav -
    Sav -Yes
    Larry -
    Dave -

Kenny - Yes
    Lepo - Yes
    Jules – Yes

Art -Yes
    Keith - Yes
    Eddie - Yes
    Iain - Yes
    Owen - Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

Looks like a good turnout.
    I'm going to have to pull out due to some stuff that I can't really go into here...hope to be back next week but can't say for definate. Des if you need that gear that I have in the car let me know and i'll drop it round to you.
    Good luck tonight
    I'll be leaving Sandyford at 8.30pm to get there early for this one and don't mind either giving lifts from the Sandyford Luas stop or at the 16 busstop. PM me for mobile number if you want.

Carl -
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - Yes

Dan -
    Michael - Yes
    Geoff - Yes
    Simon -
    Cathal -

***** Shay - Yes
    Colm - Yes

Gav -
    Sav -Yes
    Larry -
    Dave -

Kenny - Yes
    Lepo - Yes
    Jules – Yes

Art -Yes
    Keith - Yes
    Eddie - Yes
    Iain - Yes
    Owen - Yes

I will be collecting Des from his house tonight and will collect a max of three of ye in town. One spot is already gone to Iain as he usually comes with me, anyone else should text Des and tell him you need a lift with me.

Seems I wont be giving Des a lift now, text me on *phone number removed* for a lift lads. I will pick people up from Centra on D'Olier street at 8:15

*come on man, no phone numbers online*

• Advertisement

Just spoke to Keith on the phone.

He isn't collecting me, so if you need a lift, let ME know, and I'll let you know the details of collection.

I'll be here until 4.30, or back on again at 6.30, and on the text all evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Can you throw me and lepo down for a lift keith, will text des now and mention it to him aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Just talked to Keith and booked one of those spots, cheers man!

.. take that dublin bus

Keith's car is full now..

Iain, Simon, Lepo, Colm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Gonna be the party car, maybe have a quick 6 pack on the way out

A six pack? Pfft, a real man drinks vodka on the way to a match :D

Carl -
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - Yes

Yes-
    Michael - No
    Geoff - Yes
    Simon - Yes
    Cathal -
    Shay - No
    Colm - Yes
    Gav -
    Sav -Yes
    Larry -
    Dave -

Kenny - Yes
    Lepo - Yes
    Jules – Yes

Art -Yes
    Keith - Yes
    Eddie - Yes
    Iain - Yes
    Owen - No

6-0 win and now our season is starting to take shape. 3 wins on the bounce and a clean sheet. opposition was poor but still, you can only beat what is put in front of you. 4-0 at half time, errm, martin is claming a magnificent goal from on the line from gavs corner. :D

gavs shot from edge of the box took a delfection and beat the keeper and art scored the 3rd off his arse from gavs corner! art got number 4 after the keeper spilled lepos cross.

eddie got number 5 with about 5 minutes left and sav got the 6th wth about 2 minutes remaining. cant read much into the game and tougher games will lie ahead, but we are hitting form. key is to keep winning and if we lose 1, to react to it in a good manner. im confident we can do that. the last 2 weeks have been good and 10 points from 5 games is our best start yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Lads, just want to say it was a pleasure playing with you all tonight - that was some really lovely football played from start to finish and in almost every instance lads were really playing for the team with a lot of really unselfish passes played for the better of the team. I believe you can learn a lot from winning, not just losing, but tonight is the first game I really wouldn't find any fault with - as Des said at half-time let's just keep playing good football in the 2nd half instead of going on a goal hunt and we did that.

We could've got more but it wouldn't have mattered - what mattered was we played the right way right to the end and yes they were a poor team but the way we played we made them look that way - remember the other season they took points off us so we've come a long way.

What really struck me was that Des gave a very clear game plan in the dressing room beforehand calling for fullbacks to push up, forwards to take an extra touch and bring the midfielders into it, and for the wingers to look to change the point of attack by mixing it up with cut-backs to the edge of the box. It was clear that lads really took this onboard cos it was carried out to a tee - great to see and shows Des knows a thing or two.

On a personal note, I'm pretty heartened cos I've gotten hold of some hardcore anti-inflammatory painkillers that look like they'll get me through to the surgery with some reasonable level of mobility, cos I was struggling there for a while, but onwards and upwards as the fella says!

3 very big games coming up and we're starting to lose players (e.g. think Martin & Dave are gone for a while due to exams) so tonight we'll need to up the level again in the coming weeks. To the lads who didn't get a run tonight - your committment has been noted by Des I'm sure and there's opportunities opening up for you in the coming weeks to show your stuff, so keep on knocking on the door....

• Advertisement

Yeh not much to say. Excellent performance. And I scored the goal. I was nowhere near the line when I headed it. And it wasn't going in either :D

Advertisement