Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Connect + Firefox

Options
  • 05-05-2008 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Is there any way to save your login to ucd connect using firefox

so you don't have to type your username and password everytime you login?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Usually after you type in a username and password on any site, Firefox automatically pops up a display box asking if you want it to remember the password.. This is generally automatically enabled but to enable this feature:

Edit -> Preferences -> Security -> under the Passwords sub-section check "Remember passwords for sites"

Et voila!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Notorious wrote: »
    Usually after you type in a username and password on any site, Firefox automatically pops up a display box asking if you want it to remember the password.. This is generally automatically enabled but to enable this feature:

Edit -> Preferences -> Security -> under the Passwords sub-section check "Remember passwords for sites"

Et voila!

Yes, I use the above feature for boards.ie but the "do you want firefox to remember" does not appear at the ucd login.

I think it might be a security thing.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Yes, I use the above feature for boards.ie but the "do you want firefox to remember" does not appear at the ucd login.

I think it might be a security thing.:confused:

It will work for the direct links to ucd mail and blackboard but not the main site

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

In general it doesn't work for IE either. I think what happens is that javascript is used to encode the username and password so what the browser actually saves is a blank username and password.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

If you log in to blackboard via elearning.ucd.ie it will save it away.. mine did anyway. I don't know about UCD connect though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Notorious wrote: »
    If you log in to blackboard via elearning.ucd.ie it will save it away.. mine did anyway. I don't know about UCD connect though...

Yes that works no bother. Can't get it to work for ucd.ie

Ah well, half of it working is better than none at all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭smackyB

On mine I have to type in my student number each time but when i tab across to put in my password it remembers it so I don't have to stick that part in. Your's may be doing the same but you don't notice because it all shows up as ******

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

firefox is :cool:

Advertisement