Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

YouTube Videos Won't Load

• 05-05-2008 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Within the last week I can't watch any YouTube videos.

The loading circle appears but the video wont play.

I've re-installed flash, ran spybot, tried different browsers, deleted cookies and temp internet files but videos still won't load.

I've tried other sites and videos will play fine - it's only YouTube.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

OS ?
    Browsers ?

Have you tried any of the firefox extensions that allow you to download the video, and try to run it outside the browser (unlikely, but)

If doing from work/college maybe it's now blocked on the firewall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Try install the latest version of adobe flash player here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

I'm running Vista Ultimate SP1. I've tried YouTube on IE7 and Safari.

I've downloaded and installed the latest version of Flash but still no joy.

I've tried playing the videos on the "YouTube Player Beta" but every video comes back with "Video no longer available". But when I try with a different computer the video playes perfectly - so the video is defintly available!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

firefox?

Overheal wrote: »
    firefox?

Just tried....same thing :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Was there anything you installed in the last week that could be responsible for this? Something that may have changed the video player, or messed with the settings for inline players.

If there is, you could try rolling back using system restore. You could try it anyway to see if it changes the behaviour.

rrpc wrote: »
    Was there anything you installed in the last week that could be responsible for this? Something that may have changed the video player, or messed with the settings for inline players.

If there is, you could try rolling back using system restore. You could try it anyway to see if it changes the behaviour.

Have installed nothing nothing new in the last few weeks.

Tried system restore but no joy.

I went into the eircom router settings, stop the broadband connection and reconnected.

I could then play the videos for a few mins - but it went back to the same problem in a matter of minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

What kind of speeds are you getting with your isp? Friends of mine who use wireless providers such as clearwire can't watch youtube videos because the connection speeds are so bad. If your using a wireless router maybe somebody it leeching off your connection? This site should give you an indication of your speeds

I'm getting a connection speed of 2.7mbps. Had a look at the ip's on my wireless network and their all my own!

I miss youtube :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Neecod

Same thing happened me. Just go into the adobe website and download the new flash v9. Except you need to download the directory so look into troubleshooting to find out about that.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

I just went into the flash directory, and ran Utilflash9 as an administrator.....you tube is back on track!

Thanks for all the replys :)

Solution was short lived....after about 3 video clips we're back to the same problem again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jervin

TEMPORARY FIX:

Hey guys, I don't know if this will work for you, but I have the same problem, anyways I noticed when I tried watching any vid on youtube my url is usually:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=(video)

but when I added "www." so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=(video) I can finally watch, I don't know if this is the same case as you guys, but I hope it works for you ;)

EDIT: hmm I did some more testing around and apparently if that works on a video and doesn't for another, take off the "www" to watch the other one, hope someone can find a more "stable" fix

-Jervin

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishjack32

Is it your firewall, haev you updated your system lately, is so do a system restore, I assume you are on windows, if so then start-> programes-> accessories -> system tools-> system restore, you prob knew this already!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

I'm a novice but, I found the same problem.
    I may have seen it on a similar thread, but I turned off Google Accelerator (uninstalled it completely eventually as it hasn't really made any discernable difference to my untrained eye) and everything runs ok now.

You've probably seen this already.
    Deadwood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

You could try http://youtube.com/v/VIDEO_ID
    jamieh wrote: »
    Within the last week I can't watch any YouTube videos.
    Off topic, your problem reminded me of this;
    :)

2612pe8.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

WTF? That YouTube video doesn't work for me at all... WTF WTF?!

*ahhh the age old screenshot joke...

Advertisement