Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must sell GTA

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Poor OP, no point it telling him to give his parents grief, he has to respect their views and rules.

Im with the posters who say to show your parents a few mins of playing the game. And just do friendly activities!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

faceman wrote: »
    And just do friendly activities!
    Other than the bowling/ pool/ darts what is there that could be considered totally safe to show the parents? I suppose going to Cluckin' Bell is a bit safer to show them in this version than in SA as the staff are a bit less abusive and hoping you choke on their product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

OP, I feel sorry for you, but don't blame your mother and father for their gullibility on this particular topic. It's only natural for them to look after you in anyway possible, but they are sadly mistaken and easily fooled by it's reputation. All the same though, you have to be proud that they are thinking of you. You can show them many different views of posters here to persuade them to letting you keep it, or you can show them the game as many other people suggested. There is no scene in the game as other people said, the game is played as you want to play it, not the way Gerry "You Fat Twat" Ryan thinks it's played.

Niko is a good guy, just forced into the criminal world, it's not criminals acting like criminals for the sake of being criminals. Make that clear to them. Infact, if you want a lend of one particular banned game I own, I could give you it, just to show it could be worse violence and sickness wise. It's for the PSP though. But OP, good luck, don't let what your parents don't know of the game bring you down.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icemanjimbo04

Personaly id find a way to keep it, but the best way to get rid of it is to tell your parents you cant sell it and ask them to bring it back for a refund. Your parents will get a refund straight away if the shop thinks it was sold to someone under 18..

And if they dont bring it back maybe you can keep it!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Nailz wrote: »
    OP, I feel sorry for you, but don't blame your mother and father for their gullibility on this particular topic. It's only natural for them to look after you in anyway possible, but they are sadly mistaken and easily fooled by it's reputation. All the same though, you have to be proud that they are thinking of you. You can show them many different views of posters here to persuade them to letting you keep it, or you can show them the game as many other people suggested. There is no scene in the game as other people said, the game is played as you want to play it, not the way Gerry "You Fat Twat" Ryan thinks it's played.

Niko is a good guy, just forced into the criminal world, it's not criminals acting like criminals for the sake of being criminals. Make that clear to them. Infact, if you want a lend of one particular banned game I own, I could give you it, just to show it could be worse violence and sickness wise. It's for the PSP though. But OP, good luck, don't let what your parents don't know of the game bring you down.

You can not be serious. What age are you??? This post is so emotional...that it should be in Personal Issues.
    Niko is a good guy, just forced into the criminal world, it's not criminals acting like criminals for the sake of being criminals. Make that clear to them.

And then his parents will put him in an asylum for being a headcase. Niko is not real. He is a character...talking like he is real will make his parents think he is ****ed in the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Jesus relax the kacks cheesedude :rolleyes:

I'm serious though, if i went and told my parents who had the same view as that of the OP, that stuff about how Niko is a good guy and he was forced into the criminal world...they would think I'm a ****ing headcase...just saying it how it is.

*Awaits comment how my parents are the idiots and i'm just being unreasonable and insensitive...

Cool it Cheesedude, this is not how I feel. It's just something to help him convince his parents to keep it, I'm not serious or anything. Why would your parents think you're a "headcase" because of it, it's not as if they know the actual story line is it? BTW I'm 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Wow, many responses in my absence, where to start...I wont do the quotes because I'm really lazy. Oh and I've decided to do the teenage thing and rebel against them by keeping it without telkling them :D I'm so bold!

1st: Helix.

Love the quote. I will certainly use that if needs be.

Nailz:

That approach won't work, but thanks anyway. They are a bit faster than that, they have seen some of the violent parts already so there isn't much I can do.

rb_ie:

No thanks, I have an xbox not a gheystation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    What are you doing with an over 18's game if you are 17. I agree with your parents on this one.

Yeah, because that (less than) one year makes all the difference in emotional maturity...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Jay P wrote: »
    No thanks, I have an xbox not a gheystation.

lol, gheystation 1111

Jay P wrote: »
    Nailz:

That approach won't work, but thanks anyway. They are a bit faster than that, they have seen some of the violent parts already so there isn't much I can do.
    No bother, but you're right, that won't work one bit! And I'll go back on my previous post; You're also right Cheesedude, that was a terribly stupid thing to say. What an awfully gay thing to say... I honestly have to stop listening to the Smiths! :o And compliments to Helix, that's clever. Jay P, do your parents know that theres no such thing as what they heard? Just make that clear to them before anything else, because that's what started this thing, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Bah i just explained to my mam that i could be up to much worse.
    Then showed her a bit of the game, screw the nice parts, i mowed down people then suicide bombed a hospital.
    Needless to say she left the room....

Bah i just explained to my mam that i could be to much worse.
    Then showed her a bit of the game, screw the nice parts, i mowed down people then suicide bombed a hospital.

lol that's hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Bah i just explained to my mam that i could be up to much worse.

Ha ha! Brilliant! I think they've accepted I'm not getting rid of it so panic = over :D

Good to hear, enjoy your gaming!

Advertisement