Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to network if your nic is already in use ???

Options
  • 05-05-2008 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

i need to network 2 home comptuers together but the nic is already being used for a broadband connection, is it possible to have 2 nic's in a pc without having a problem or is there a more logical way of networking ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Buy a hub/router or 2nd nic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 NialltheITGuy

Sherifu wrote: »
    Buy a hub/router or 2nd nic.

Agreed, what you are attempting is a minefield of problems, trust me I spent 2 days trying to get his to work. It is possible but too much is needed for it to work correctly.

NIC's are most €20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

If PC's connected to same router/switch they already on same network.
    What exactly you trying to achieve?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sashimi

Check to see if your broadband router has spare RJ45 LAN ports on it. If so you can use these as a switch to connect the 2 PCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

daftdave wrote: »
    i need to network 2 home comptuers together but the nic is already being used for a broadband connection
    Whatever you have the computer connected to for the broadband connection; connect the other PC to it. Simples.

• Advertisement
Advertisement