Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test Tomorrow

Options
  • 05-05-2008 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Have my driving test tomorrow and im really starting to panic.
    failed the last one by letting my nerves get to me and really dont think i can face sitting it if i dont get it tomorrow. I've passed all my pretests both in prep for this test and the last but there is just something about the actual test that makes me do silly things that i usually never do.

Any tips or hints to help me get through this would be great. Love this forum, tis great help!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

All I can say is try your best to stay positive. You've passed your pre-tests, and that proves you know your stuff. It would be a terrible pity to fail just because of a testers presence. Focus on getting that L-plate off your car.

My sister swears by this to keep her calm during interviews etc. You can get it in Boots or any good chemist.

Best of luck tomorrow. Let us know how you get on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Thanks,
    Have some of the bachs stuff here so ill try it.
    Im sooooo determined to pass but im freaking out cos i failed that last time and im starting to delve into the 'What If' stage of nerves which is only making me panic.
    Gonna go out later and reverse around a few corners etc and try get an early night

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Abigayle wrote: »
    All I can say is try your best to stay positive. You've passed your pre-tests, and that proves you know your stuff. It would be a terrible pity to fail just because of a testers presence. Focus on getting that L-plate off your car.

My sister swears by this to keep her calm during interviews etc. You can get it in Boots or any good chemist.

Best of luck tomorrow. Let us know how you get on! :)

Just reading the reviews on that link you gave, it contains 27% alcohol and tastes of whiskey...maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea:eek:. Forget over the counter remedies, it's all in your head, just imagine you're doing a pre test and go for it, there is nothing to fear, nothing bad will happen to you. I would say just try and relax and go for it, try not to get flustered and never second guess yourself. Best of Luck.

You only take literally a few drops.
    The whole bottle has something like 15mils.
    You can also buy alcohol free pastilles.

Squishy were you honestly as prepared the last time as you are this time?
    I bet you weren't.
    Thats the difference, that is why you won't make silly mistakes tomorrow, and why you'll fly through your test.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Trampas

I've used that before college exams before and I know many others who have taken it.

Good luck and try to relax

• Advertisement

Just reading the reviews on that link you gave, it contains 27% alcohol and tastes of whiskey...maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea:eek:.

I lol'd when I read that! :) I've tried it myself, it tastes a bit funky alright. Must have a look around and see if I can find the leaflet that goes with it. Dont think there is a mention of not being able to drive after use. I think the content in a spritz of it is too minute to actually have any effect tbh :/

Either way, today is Squishys big day. Dont be nervous, you can do it!! :)

I PASSED!! :D:D:D:D

sooooooooooooooooo happy!!

thanks to all of you for the advice. had a lesson before the test and it calmed me down!!

Didnt use the bachs after seeing the post about the alcohol levels! lol!!

today is Squishys big day. Dont be nervous, you can do it!! :)

Thanks for all your support abigayle...and for believing in me even when i didnt believe in myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I PASSED!! :D:D:D:D

sooooooooooooooooo happy!!

thanks to all of you for the advice. had a lesson before the test and it calmed me down!!

Didnt use the bachs after seeing the post about the alcohol levels! lol!!

Hahaha, Congratulations!!!!!

Thanks for all your support abigayle...and for believing in me even when i didnt believe in myself!!

OMG thats fuckin' great! well done Squishy :D

Was worth all the pre-tests by the sounds of it. I did think it would be a terrible pity if it was down to someones presence that caused you to fail.

Go forth and celebrate! just dont drive in the moring :pac:

kudos squishy ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Well done missus:)

OMG thats fuckin' great! well done Squishy :D

Was worth all the pre-tests by the sounds of it. I did think it would be a terrible pity if it was down to someones presence that caused you to fail.

Go forth and celebrate! just dont drive in the moring :pac:

kudos squishy ;)

Lol my Dad called me before the test and gave out to me. It was the best thing that ever happened. his 'just go out and drive to fcuk' worked! lol
    tester was lovely and i just pretended my boyfriend was in the car instead of him for the first few mins till i was ok and then came home with a near clean sheet!!
    Nearly kissed the tester when he told me id passed!!! lol

Thanks so much for all your help!!!

Hahaha, Congratulations!!!!!

if i wasnt so happy id be questioning ur hahaha's......but im estatic so nothing bothers me!!! lol

Advertisement