Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying..

Options
  • 05-05-2008 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey Just Wondering at this stage of the year is anyone staying at home and studying instead of going in to school??And If you are,are u actually studying and not dossing??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Text Speak is not allowed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

Ya i stopped going in about 2weeks ago, at the start I didnt do anything, but now I'm coping on and studying.
    I think Its well worth it, at my school anyway because I learn more myself than what my teacher teach me, I mite go in the odd time tho for subjects like maths, art and biology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Text Speak is not allowed here.

I wouldn't call that text speak

And no I'm staying in school still cause we still don't have all our courses finished!
    Chemistry and french is still to be done
    And art history

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Attendance in my year's been going steadily downwards, but we're not finished all the courses so those who aren't going in are missing out... up to them, though. I know if I stayed at home, at this stage, I'd get nothing done.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

GO TO SCHOOL.

I realise some people are allergic to the place at this stage but I fully recommend you go in;

Your friends are there

You'll learn stuff

You'll laugh at least 5 times everyday your there

You don't want to miss out on all the end of year/end of school stuff i.e sport's days, fun days, graduation preparation etc.

You'll get help if you need it from fellow students and teachers

You'll have a structured day

You won't feel bad about going outside to skip / run around / walk / laugh when you come home because you'll have had a productive day

You'll do those cool class "revision quizzes"!!

Your friends will pull you right back down to earth if you decide to freak out

You can sit in your house for the rest of your life but you can't sit in school with your friends having a laugh and learning! ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

I agree with every last word you've written, Randomness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Bonj15

Randomness wrote: »
    GO TO SCHOOL.

I realise some people are allergic to the place at this stage but I fully recommend you go in;

Your friends are there

You'll learn stuff

You'll laugh at least 5 times everyday your there

You don't want to miss out on all the end of year/end of school stuff i.e sport's days, fun days, graduation preparation etc.

You'll get help if you need it from fellow students and teachers

You'll have a structured day

You won't feel bad about going outside to skip / run around / walk / laugh when you come home because you'll have had a productive day

You'll do those cool class "revision quizzes"!!

Your friends will pull you right back down to earth if you decide to freak out

You can sit in your house for the rest of your life but you can't sit in school with your friends having a laugh and learning! ;):D

Thanks great advice!

Ya i stopped going in about 2weeks ago, at the start I didnt do anything, but now I'm coping on and studying.
    I think Its well worth it, at my school anyway because I learn more myself than what my teacher teach me, I mite go in the odd time tho for subjects like maths, art and biology.

we would have been told to go home for good this time last year if we decided we were going to pick and choose what subjects we went to.

if your class is supposed to have say 25 and only 15 turn up it's at bit unfair no?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

we would have been told to go home for good this time last year if we decided we were going to pick and choose what subjects we went to.

if your class is supposed to have say 25 and only 15 turn up it's at bit unfair no?

im only going in on odd days because i was getting 6-8 hours done after school and teachers were missing for my classes.yes its the end of ur school life but i find if ur motivated u can get alot more done at home.some people can only study find it easier to study in school but i find it harder get into a subject and out of it in 40mins.
    Also teachers tell u to go into not ro go into school if u can get more done at home.At the end of the day its about what is best for u and how you can get the most points possible1!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jager-bomber

I think that I am going to stay at home from now until the leaving but I really need to be motivated. Does anyone have any tips or predictions for pass Irish stories or poems coming up. English poets? Comparative tips or Othello the single text tips?? Chemistry exp's:Titration, Organic and random? Biology exp's and main topics..Physics Exp's and main topics..pass Maths.. French(listening and writing tips)...?I'm hoping that this last month will be a great one because I have a lot to do and need your help... Thanking you!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

Thinking of taking Fridays off up until the exams because they are such a waste of time in my school! Out of nine classes, I'll have maybe two 'real' classes and by real I mean that the teachers actually show up and try to do some work, not that it helps :mad: Who really needs double computers,double pe,religion and a free Irish class when you could be studying at home!:confused:

JC06 wrote: »
    Thinking of taking Fridays off up until the exams because they are such a waste of time in my school! Out of nine classes, I'll have maybe two 'real' classes and by real I mean that the teachers actually show up and try to do some work, not that it helps :mad: Who really needs double computers,double pe,religion and a free Irish class when you could be studying at home!:confused:

What's with teachers not turning up in your schools? wtf?

It's definitely an individual thing. You know yourself which is more beneficial to at this stage, whether to go in or stay at home.

All I'd say is that if your borderline , definitely go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

What's with teachers not turning up in your schools? wtf?

It's definitely an individual thing. You know yourself which is more beneficial to at this stage, whether to go in or stay at home.

All I'd say is that if your borderline , definitely go in.

They're sick or something, supposedly! But even when they're in not much gets done in my school on a Friday, everyone goes a bit mad!
    Might have to come in for Geog, we're still not finished Geoecology....and my Irish teacher hasn't been in for weeks :( 29 days everyone!

JC06 wrote: »
    They're sick or something, supposedly! But even when they're in not much gets done in my school on a Friday, everyone goes a bit mad!
    Might have to come in for Geog, we're still not finished Geoecology....and my Irish teacher hasn't been in for weeks :( 29 days everyone!

Jeez that's crap isn't it?

There's a lot to be said for a strict school in fairness!

Advertisement