Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howdy

Options
  • 05-05-2008 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all,

Im 27 years old and want to join the Gaurds, I know Ive left it late and just wondered did anyone here leave it to this age to join up? An if so would you say its more difficult then if I had of gone in straight after college? A good few of my mates are in the gaurds and they said it would be no problem....Just want to get as much info about this as I can.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭metman

Good start would be spelling Guards correctly :p You're fine joining up at 27. In fact the more life experience you have the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Friend of mine joined at 33 so 27 is just a pup :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

I'm 28 myself, currently waiting to be called to Templemore. There is few more lads, my age and older, here on Boards who are applying for GS as well. And I actually read somewhere that GS management is looking for more "mature" people to join. Personally, I think you are much better off haveing good few years of life experience before joining.

So you really shouldn't worry about the age.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jdq

Thanks lads, and apologies for the spelling! :o.

Advertisement