Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ban on the body modification??Again unfair?

Options
  • 05-05-2008 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭

hi ive recieved a two month ban over a silly thing on ear piercing.As i had no intention of making others to do the same thing as i posted on the ear piercing thread.i think so harsh and confuseing.As the rules states nothing about doing your own piercing.As i have seen loads of posts that members saying eg "i did his or her peircings,use a needle etc and they dont get any warnings or bans.IMO its very unfair.
    Any help will be appreshated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Can you link to the thread in question? You will have to log out view the forum. What others say and do is irrelevant and won't do anything for your argument. If you had an issue with their posts then it should have been reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Ruu wrote: »
    Can you link to the thread in question? You will have to log out view the forum. What others say and do is irrelevant and won't do anything for your argument. If you had an issue with their posts then it should have been reported.
    hi ru i hope this link is right?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055287206
    i recieved pm from hellrazer too about the ban.can i post that ru as it doesnt makes sense too?

Your ban was for a month, so I've been told. I think the rule number 4 from the charter would apply in this case. You started talking about the self surgery which got many of the regular users upset and which is similar to someone on Personal Issues giving medical advice. Also, I believe this is not the first time you have been banned from Body Mod, I would suggest you take the ban or you will end up permanently banned from the forum. Sorry davey, I'm with the moderators on this one.
    Rule 4.
    No links to sites that could pose a danger, eg. self surgery for body modification...we're not bmezine!

Your ban was for a month, so I've been told. I think the rule number 4 from the charter would apply in this case. You started talking about the self surgery which got many of the regular users upset and which is similar to someone on Personal Issues giving medical advice. Also, I believe this is not the first time you have been banned from Body Mod, I would suggest you take the ban or you will end up permanently banned from the forum. Sorry davey, I'm with the moderators on this one.
    sorry ruu
    i didnt give any links to any site that would pose any danger?:confused:
    Did you get my pm by the way?

Well there were links that you posted where kits could be bought. I got the PM, there was no specific rule mentioned so the moderators felt to clarify it so such posts wouldn't happen again, I see nothing wrong there. The fact that it got a number of users annoyed and worried says it all about the post really. Two of the moderators felt you were out of line and acted accordingly and probably took into account your history on the forum as well.

• Advertisement

Well there were links that you posted where kits could be bought. I got the PM, there was no specific rule mentioned so the moderators felt to clarify it so such posts wouldn't happen again, I see nothing wrong there. The fact that it got a number of users annoyed and worried says it all about the post really. Two of the moderators felt you were out of line and acted accordingly and probably took into account your history on the forum as well.
    hi ruu
    history imo should not count as ive done my time for it.Not follow what i have done as for the rules of the body modification was not apporoved at the stage of the time of my 2 month ban.Changing rules before a ban is not right imo.That is what i got.How comes i got replied of my posts that should have been reported which i did and no response of the posted reports? I feel im ingnored at any post i do which they are good posts and got thanked from them?

there are threads now used on this subject
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055287155
    they all talk about self piercing get my drift?I thought there was rules on this?
    now they seem to open a thread about it and still they are posting how they did theirs???
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055287992 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Davey180

As you have left the site, I am closing this thread also.

Vex.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement