Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First Car ???

Options
  • 05-05-2008 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

looking for first car . not over 1.4 . have 10000-11000 to spend . open to suggestions . i have been looking at civic/astra/golf . will probably modify the car at some stage . advice ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

How much driving experience have you?

If you don't have much driving experience then I would suggest starting off with something not very expensive so that if you tip or scratch it then it's no big deal.

IMO spending €11k on a first car is too much. I would spend under half of that amount to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

in 1998 I bought my first car. It was a 1989 Japanese import Nissan Micra.

1 liter engine and nasty inside. however I passed my test in it as did both my younger sisters. They had one or two incidents with moving pillars when parking and one minor fender bender but the thing kept on going and going and going with minimal service.

If I were you I would go for a Honda Civic with a full service history. The Honda engines are fantastic. You won't spend more than €6,000 (private) on a nice one. You can't go too far wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

+1 on the Honda. -1 on the modifying!

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement