Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP script to Email from contact us form

Options
  • 05-05-2008 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can find a good reliable script that will grap information from any type of form, including a contact us form, and throw it back to me in an email?
    A huge bonus would be if it had a spam verification image system also

It needs to be using CDOSYS as my server wont support CDONTS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Here's the code - wouldn't take much to take in the details of a form. Here's an ASP captcha solution (no components required).
    <%
    Set myMail=CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    myMail.Subject="Sending email with CDO"
    myMail.From="mymail@mydomain.com"
    myMail.To="someone@somedomain.com"
    myMail.TextBody="This is a message."
    myMail.Send
    set myMail=nothing
    %>

If you want to make the mailer code generic, you could just loop through the Request.Form collection and print out the field name and value. If you give your form fields meaningful names, it would be quite presentable.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Drop me a pm with your email and I'll forward on a couple of files. I don't have a capchta but you can post any form to this script and it will convert all form elements into an email and send it to whatever address. I've got code set up for cdonts, cdosys, jmail, aspemail, etc. cause I never know what will be supported on the server.

Advertisement