Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Tax Grinds Dublin

• 05-05-2008 3:17pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Would anybody be interested in doing one whole day tax grinds with two very confused girls who have a ****e tax lecture for the IATI Tax Year 1 exams?

we are on the northside of Dublin and will pay whatever it takes to get us through the exams.

Our big proplems are PAYE and PRSI - we never covered these in our course

thanks

IB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

No need to get grinds.

Go to the revision seminars in UCD, Willy Murphy (the fella that does them) is a Tax genius. I hadn't a clue when I was doing the IATI too, I'd imagine you are doing them in the same place I did it (not too far away from Drumcondra)....... I'll say nothing.

The Revision notes that he gives out are fantastic, in year 2 I got 67% purely because of the revision seminar.

Good luck

Peter.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    No need to get grinds.

Go to the revision seminars in UCD, Willy Murphy (the fella that does them) is a Tax genius. I hadn't a clue when I was doing the IATI too, I'd imagine you are doing them in the same place I did it (not too far away from Drumcondra)....... I'll say nothing.

The Revision notes that he gives out are fantastic, in year 2 I got 67% purely because of the revision seminar.

Good luck

Peter.

thanks, i think the seminars were last month, we missed them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

+1 for Willie Murphy. He's my tax lecturer in college and is without a doubt the best lecturer I've had for any subject ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Hanley wrote: »
    +1 for Willie Murphy. He's my tax lecturer in college and is without a doubt the best lecturer I've had for any subject ever.

Yep, He was brilliant. I'd say he has the class in stitches with the jokes. Where does he teach?

O.P: If you missed the revision seminars you should try to get the notes off somebody 'cos they alone will get you through the exam. I have the notes from 3 years ago but they will be outdated with new tax bands, Tax credits changing, medical expenses changed etc etc

Thanks for the help but i am looking for grinds

thanks

IB

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    Yep, He was brilliant. I'd say he has the class in stitches with the jokes. Where does he teach?

He lectures in NCI!
    O.P: If you missed the revision seminars you should try to get the notes off somebody 'cos they alone will get you through the exam. I have the notes from 3 years ago but they will be outdated with new tax bands, Tax credits changing, medical expenses changed etc etc

And agreed here. You don't even need to have been to his clas if you can get copies of his notes. They're just THAT good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

If you can get willie's notes

million times better than grinds
    if u work through them, leave the manual closed, and you will pass the exam, simple as that

best notes i've ever seen

No possibility of getting the notes.

Hi Mods,

can you please close this thread. I have advised in Adverts.ie instead

thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement