Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to Italy with ACLE for the summer ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 taylormoon

Gillbean wrote: »
    Hi!

I think I'm in the same boat as you guys Ireel1 and taylormoon!
    Have ye heard anything since?
    Do you think the fact that it is so late means we are most likely NOT going to be offered a place?

Nothing...well an email last week saying thanks for your patients! I know loads in the same boat, and a lot of people have pulled out so Im gonna keep hoping :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rebecca.Baker

Hey guys :) I heading over on the 1st of June for the June 3rd orientation! To anyone who hasn't been accepted from what I hear it's because the Italians are very laid back about booking their kids in and do it last minute which is mid-may hence may 15th! Bit crazy really keeping ye waiting around :( Hope ye hear something soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lreel1

Hey guys, I'm still in the same boat. They emailed me last week saying thanks for my patience and that italy has a lot of bank holidays atm so its hard for them to organise camps. Well we haven't been turned down yet so I'm staying positive :D

Yup I'm still the same as well! Hoping it's a sign of good news :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Laura_P_99

Hi guys,

I think i am in the same boat as ye also (taylormoon and Ireel1). I got that email saying they would tell us by May 15th and its the 16th now and still no word and Im starting to panic!!!!

Have ye heard anything yet??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Gillbean

Hey Laura_P_99!

I was waiting and waiting for yesterday to come aswell, but I still havent heard anything yet either! :(

Its so annoying, I emailed them to see what the story was and still nothing.......all this waiting around is kind of starting to take the goodness out of it :(

Exact same! :( fairly fed up with them now, they could at least send an email saying itll be another few days or something!

I just got an email there to say they wont be able to offer me a position, Im actually gutted :( They dragged it out for so long that I had myself convinced there was no way they could say no.

They said camp registrations are down this year and that they would keep me on file for next year. Luckily I have made back up plans but its awful that they left it this late and then turn around and said no :(

Anyway, hope ye have better luck than I did and have a brilliant summer if ye do get accepted......good luck :)

Awh no! I'm really nervous now! :O no back up plans :( Ahh!

• Advertisement

I wouldn't worry, the fact that they haven't said no to you has got to be a good sign, fingers crossed for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gillbean

AHH no! that sucks so bad! :( sorry it didnt go for you! im still waiting but kinda lost hope now too!

Got that email today :( Gutted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cahal91

Hey, Iv got accepted to go to orientation starting on the 19th of August, has anyone else gotten any word?

I was messed around earlier in the summer too, being offered a late chance to go to an earlier camp and then when i replied i heard nothing. I think the Vincent guy just seems to be very busy. I noticed that when i just kept sending him emails he would be more likely to get back to me so id recommend that. Its worth a go because the worst that can happen is he has nothing to offer you, but he can be sure your really interested in going in case something comes up later

Hey everyone just got accepted to orientation on the 19th of August and camps until around the 8th September. Flying into Nice and home from Milan :D Anyone else get accepted for these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BeccaBaker

Just back from 2 months in Italy with ACLE!! What a summer!! Orientation will the best week of your life!!! Such a good time :) Wish I could do it all over again!!

hey Rebecca! your just right! im just back a week or two ago! best expereince of my life miss Italy loads!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 littlepeach

Hey there :) interested in applying for ACLE next year just wondering if anyone knows would I be at much of a disadvantage not having a TEFL qualification? I'm currently studying to be a primary teacher.

Also I see that you are asked to send them pictures of you working with kids etc. I have experience working with kids on teaching practice and at a few camps and things but obviously wouldn't have pictures ... how did ye get around this?

I know I'm jumping the gun a bit, just want to make sure I'm organised :P

Hey there, not at all myself many of the other tutors had no teaching experience at all! Studying primary teaching will have you set:D no one on orentiation had TEFLE qualification before ACLE. I just took pic of me at work and me playing sports, drama ect. just send them a note saying you couldnt get any as a school ect. wouldnt let you take pics! Defo do it had the best August and September of my life, so much crac and so many new people and you get to travel and see some of the sights :D good luck!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 littlepeach

Thanks very much for the info and apologies for the late reply! I will definitely be applying it sounds amazing :D

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of other similar organisations in Italy or the rest of Europe as I'd love to apply to a few?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 jefflynne

I applied for ACLE in 2012 and got accepted without a TEFL qualification. Two years and an online course later, I'm currently working full-time with ACLE! Let me know if you guys have any more questions about the summer programme :)

Bobby

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ninitaly

I worked for Lingue Senza Frontiere last summer. Had an amazing experience! Now I'm working in a language school in Italy full time. They run along similar lines to ACLE and hold summer camps all over Italy. The recruitment manager there is actually Irish so there was a big group of Irish tutors, as well as tutors from all the other native English speaking countries.

I looked at both when applying last year but Lingue won because they offer a fee training course!

PM if you want contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ZomB13 F1Sh

jefflynne wrote: »
    I applied for ACLE in 2012 and got accepted without a TEFL qualification. Two years and an online course later, I'm currently working full-time with ACLE! Let me know if you guys have any more questions about the summer programme :)

Bobby

This may be a very weird question, but is it a requirement that you wear the t-shirt that the tutors have on in the videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dark.Horse

The Red Shirt rocks! You gotta own it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 speedracer92lx

Hey all, my name is Josh and am a teacher in the US(Arizona). Is there anyone who has applied for the Summer 2014 ACLE program that has been accepted ? I recently was accepted as a tutor and invited to attend the June 9 orientation in San Remo. This year is different with the "Borsa di Studio" and was wondering if there are any other americans or non EU citizens that are making the trip from far away. At this point, the flight will be costing 1000$ each way and I am not sure if the experience will be worth the out of pocket expenses.

Any feedback from others would be fantastic !

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Roisin1994

Hi guys,
    I applied for ACLE this year and after many e-mails saying they are about to get the hiring process underway and that Italians are slow to book i still havent heard anything just wondering is anyone in the same boat as myself? I thought the e-mails seemed certain that i would be offered a position but after reading old replies on this thread i am a little more doubtful.

I'd hold tight a while! Italians are very relaxed so yeah camps are still being organised and registered! I know when I was at orientation last year they were still accepting people and seeing if they could come over. You could be accepted to a later orientation you never know! Also orientation is the best week ever FYI! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Roisin1994

Thanks dark.horse fingers crossed seems like a really coll opportunity!!

It really is an amazing opportunity! :) Fingers crossed for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 speedracer92lx

I got an email on Friday stating that they are actively sorting out applications and DLC's and plan on resuming hiring Monday through the week.

Seems like a great opportunity just with the study grant and all you will not break even unless you live in Europe and don't have to fly as far. I have been checking with Norweigan Air Lines as recommended by a member on here as the flights on here I am saving over 200$ from rates on Priceline and Expedia.

Does anyone know if it is easy to get picked up beyond the 3 weeks of camps to qualify as a return tutor the following year ?

Advertisement