Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jamie Redknapp

• 05-05-2008 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Anyone else sh!t sick of his analysis today?? More muppetism outta him!! He's the one thing I won't miss in the off season...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Missing it cause of study (:rolleyes:), whats he saying today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

'JT' this, 'Lampsy' that, 'Oweny' this................ etc etc etc

I HATE him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Oh just the usual rambling. He's drooling over Chelsea's greatness, Carvalho's in particular. I'm only moaning cos I hate Chelsea so much obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Of couse he is going to back his cousin before a game

Yeah but it gets a bit old after oh about three seasons

• Advertisement

Of couse he is going to back his cousin before a game

His cousins not even playing!

Sure just wait until he gets keys' job :D You'll be stuck with him all the time then :p

Do you reckon he has any idea that people think he's rubbish?

Mad_Max wrote: »
    Sure just wait until he gets keys' job :D You'll be stuck with him all the time then :p

Don't even joke about it, you can see him eyeing up the anchor's chair. Used to love him for the pretty-boy factor but now he just annoys me.

Do you reckon he has any idea that people think he's rubbish?

Maybe we should tell him :p

• Advertisement

Used to love him for the pretty-boy factor.

Thats the reason he has the job. Only have yourselves to blame :D

Well to be fair he never has that much competition no matter who the guests are. Oh to see Roy in there tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Mad_Max wrote: »

Rather have him the Keys. Keys knows very little about football and does nothing but stir things up like a tabloid journo, but what do you expect from someone who came from C4

I don't know. Redders always seems like such a crowd-pleaser to me. He'll agree with almost anyone in the studio except for that one time with Andy Gray. Classic tv it was too...

Listening to Redknapp and Co really makes you appreciate the RTE lads a whole lot more

Listening to Redknapp and Co really makes you appreciate the RTE lads a whole lot more

That's for sure. I bet Jamie would be just horrified if he was on a panel with our Eamon :p

That's for sure. I bet Jamie would be just horrified if he was on a panel with our Eamon :p

Oh god! Can you imagine it! :D:D:D

I'd pay to see that if it was on box office!

D'ya think when Souness is with RTE on Tues and Sky on Weds nights he greets his Sky pals with little stories about the outrageous little leprachaun???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I like Jamie Redknapp,don't think he is as bad as people make him to be, I like his wife even more :)

Well then go and start a Jamie / Lousie Redknapp appreciation thread cos we don't like him here :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Rather have him the Keys. Keys knows very little about football and does nothing but stir things up like a tabloid journo, but what do you expect from someone who came from C4

Didn't he come from TVAM on ITV? Which, in fairness, says even more...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i think he's "triffic, jeff"

no wait, i don't...

"Anelka's not happy on the right" OH JUST SHUT UP JAMIE!!!!!!! What did he expect from Le Sulk???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Souness is on record as saying he loves being on the panel with the irish lads cause they can say what they really think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Well to be fair he never has that much competition no matter who the guests are. Oh to see Roy in there tho...

have to agree with you on the pretty boy factor... and totally about roy oh id love it!! i love him his only downfall is him being from cork :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

I'm just waiting for him to say his usual ''ever so well''.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Souness is on record as saying he loves being on the panel with the irish lads cause they can say what they really think.

Well thats the thing the rte lads can say what they want and get away with it, sky etc can't. Can you imagine rte being the main coverage in England, they wouldn't get any interviews post match.

Harpy wrote: »
    have to agree with you on the pretty boy factor... and totally about roy oh id love it!! i love him his only downfall is him being from cork :D

Hey one person's downfall is another's unique selling point :D

being from Cork is a selling point for NO ONE.

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    being from Cork is a selling point for NO ONE.

Sorry now pal but being a Corkwoman or corcaighcailin if you will, I'll have to disagree with you there. Like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Sky want boring, inane, nothing "analysis" that doesn't ruffle any feathers or suggest that the premiership isn't the bestest league in the world evar. Rednapp ticks all those boxes. Therefore, he is going nowhere soon.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Sky want boring, inane, nothing "analysis" that doesn't ruffle any feathers or suggest that the premiership isn't the bestest league in the world evar. Rednapp ticks all those boxes. Therefore, he is going nowhere soon.

Yeah that about sums the situation up nicely

As much as I like rte coverage it is starting to become a bit too staged imo,a bit too obvious that they are trying to be controversial just for the sake of it.

Sorry now pal but being a Corkwoman or corcaighcailin if you will, I'll have to disagree with you there. Like.

lets agree to disagree on that so! ;)

new bint on the soccer forum, woohoo!:p

I'll agree to disagree if you tell me what a bint is please??

• Advertisement

just a term for a lady :)

New one on me and I've been called a fair few things in my time :D

its an old school term ;)

Ballack is massive for Chelsea this season.

Yeah he's unreal, damn him

who do you follow? (sorry if i missed it in another thread)

• Advertisement

Did the worshipping of Roy not give it away? Manyoo of course :D

ah for **** sakes thats the last we need around here ;)

Hee hee!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I used to love watching RTE but apart from Souness, all the other pundits have grown stale and predictable. Giles is like a WWE wrestler because he has so many catchphrases, Dunphy just goes against popular opinion to be awkward, and Brady was never that good imo.

As for Sky and BBC pundits, I just switch the channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

oh FFS Jamie shut up!!!!

Just spending his time sayin Wigan have everything to play for, they're on a great run, they've got some fantastic players and that teams like them always give it everything against United.

Obviously he didn't see West Ham last week!

And just so you know Jamie, Bolton are still fighting for survival, have better players and are on a better run of form. But you seemed to have forgotten their match next Sunday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

deise59 wrote: »
    And just so you know Jamie, Bolton are still fighting for survival, have better players and are on a better run of form. But you seemed to have forgotten their match next Sunday...

Not really, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Mathimatically they still are. And for all we know Chelsea could come out guns blazing and belt in the goals left right and centre.

EDIT: Just realized Reading are playing Derby last day of the season, so they could certainly bang in the odd few goals

[QUOTE=deise59;55846979
    EDIT: Just realized Reading are playing Derby last day of the season, so they could certainly bang in the odd few goals[/QUOTE]

I'm not too sure, Reading have been really terrible, I can see Derby getting something from this match.

I'm really really hoping Fulham stay up.

Advertisement