Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Post 5th Year

Options
  • 05-05-2008 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

So, all you people coming to an end of 5th year, what are your plans for the summer?

I'm going to French College, Irish College and having a French Exchange over.
    Just feel it's so LC orientated that I'm not really getting a break from it all..

Luckily I'm going to that music festival in July and can't wait for that!

Are people going to have a total p*ss up for the summer or get a head start on LC work? bitta both?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

piss up, ordered id this week!! and a bitta work for money for the piss up. And plenty of sleep(thats my dedication to the lc,making sure my brain is massaged with sleep!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I don't think I'll be doing all that much work as I feel I've done enough this year.
    Don't have any plans actually. I might get a job for the sake of having something to do or take up a hobby.

Come to think of it, the only thing about Summer I've been thinking about is the new Batman film. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Im working in my dads pub for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Trying to get a job, sleep, 2 week free gaff (:cool:), travelling the country supporting Shels and I'll be doing some Physics, Irish and French notes and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Spain, three weeks in the Gaeltacht in Donegal as a student, a week doing a sorta artists residency to get some of my portfolio done and then two weeks as cuntoir in the Gaeltacht again. Pretty much an LC focused summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

you really don't need to do anything LC orientated over the summer!! seriously!

the gaeltacht will probably be a laugh thought.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Gonna be working 4-5 days a week as a waitress(it's grand, free coffee and tips!), free gaf for 2 weeks in June(much parting to be done in that time!), going to Berlin for a week with my sister in July, and Metallica in August!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Gonna try and get a job, do the higher maths course (im in pass now), i have a two week course in Gael Linn, hopefully a good bit of study especially languages as i tend to forget french over the summer.

AND im going to the Terry Pratchett convention in Birmingham :D
    (i am soooo cool its frightening)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

believe me speaking from experience....the majority who say they will try and study will not study.i worked 25 hours a week from Feb in 4th yr up til the mocks in 6th yr.the summer is too much fun to waste with studying.leave the study for 6th year.

as for me even though im older than you, ive got Paramore, a great festival;), 2 weeks in boston with my sis and then Metallica.cant freakin wait for this summer to really start.and it all starts once i re-sit my LC maths exam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

oh yes ive got a couple of gigs too, to go to (even one on my bday which should be good, hooray for turning 18)

and for hopefully the last bloody time, every single one of the gigs mentioned in this thread bar none! arent allowed to be mentioned on boards at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Seriously guys enjoy your summer.....lifes too short to be wasted inside studying during the summer!! You'll be doing enough studying in 6th year...let your hair down and do nothing for the summer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Drink, Irish College, Run, Holiday, Grad, and a few gigs. Can't wait!

Advertisement