Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forza Motors (and a link to a kicking tune).

• 05-05-2008 4:14pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, my quest to own every game in the world continues, starting with the racing car genre. A genre I would have thought the LAST place I would actually want to start. My car loving flatmates are a bit surprised too since I dont drive. Actually I actively dislike driving in fact.

So, after I cored out the mushy pulp of GT I was just settling into the idea of learning gears and sh*t when GTA hit. So, zombie-like I joined the thronging masses to get a copy. Good luck! So, denied the heroin hit of GTA, I craved the consumeristic therapy of bringing home a new game and talked myself into buying Forza Motors 2, fully expecting to be dissappointed by the comparison with the, frankly astonishing, GT Prologue.

Well.... I'm happy to say I am slowly working my way through Forza 2 while my PS3 sits idle. Its not as graphically slick as GT, not quite... (though not bad either!), and it looks a little more Arcade-y if you get me, but in fact its a more testing driving experience.

Unfortunately either I am brilliant or the game is too easy as I'm blasting through it but the races are pretty good and the tuning system is great. The soundtrack rocks but unfortunately its inexplicably uncontrolable, no skip to next song, no editing a play list, not even a credit for the song title when it plays. Nothing. you can higher and lower the volume but thats it, and when the race starts the music stops, which I dont like.
    Particularly when you have kicking tunes like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn0yIKVjIPI

So, now I have learned my aspirated engines from my turbo chargers and I have learned what stiffening a roll-bar does! I think I could strip a car down at this point!

Anyone else out there a Forza fan? maybe we could have a boards race?

DeV.

Anyone else out there

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Nope, I was gearing myself up to get Forza and then let it consume me for a while but I just never found the time. :( Actually, I just posted to let you know that the PS3 makes a pretty decent foot rest while playing the 360. Might aswell put the feet up. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

huzzah¬!

A bit late and all Dev but then so was I to FM2. Adored FM1...and before I left Forza2 was getting oodles of attention.

Havent taken her online but I'd be up for a boards race/league if I'm around.

Lots of great car skins done by some boardsies. Search tbh :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

kaimera wrote: »
    Lots of great car skins done by some boardsies. Search tbh :p

LOL, I remember that thread. whoever did the Garda car one is an absolute legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

DeVore wrote: »
    Unfortunately either I am brilliant or the game is too easy as I'm blasting through it but the races are pretty good and the tuning system is great.

You started disabling driver aids turning up damage/AI skill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I play from time to time. Gis a shout when you're on Devore. "Kinetic IRL" is my gamertag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    You started disabling driver aids turning up damage/AI skill?
    All aids off bar ABS. I have a heavy right trigger finger and my tires wouldnt last a 5-7 lap race with it off. :(

Side note: Any boardsies with good times in the time trails? Tried one or two tracks and the top times are really really competative.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've started disabling the driver aids and upping the AI but most of the time I have earned so much money that I've pimped the bejaysis out of the car and there is no way they could keep up, even with Einstein behind the wheel...

Damage realism just left me frustrated a bit when after 5 long laps you lose concentration and lap into something and lose all that work. Thats not a challenge, its frustration. I really really HATE the way some games designers havent worked out that the two arent the same. I turn it on when there arent walls all over the place.

Started doing the endurance stuff which is fun, if a little long!! we spend half our time in the pits :)

I dunno if its the 42" bravia or the exhaustive range of consoles and games in here but I'm really REALLY getting back into gaming in a big way. Next up is to finish HL2 Episode 2 and get stuck into FEAR which Amp reckons will scare the pants off me if I play it alone in the dark. :)

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What I meant about being too easy is that while the races can be frustrating (see above!), the game seems to give you OODLES of cars and money.

By the way, I started in Europe (for all those lovely super cars) and now it cost 100k to switch to USA (not a problem, have tons of money) but will I have to stick with USA or can I switch back for free or do I have to pay again? (ie: is it a one time payment?)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

You have to pay each time afair. I have a few cool paint jobs built up over the last few months. It gets a lot harder the further through the game you get. Im stuck on level 41-42 and its really difficult to progress now. I still play it every now and then.

my gamerid is DeVoreIE by the way...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I never got to where it gets difficult then I guess :-/

Maybe you should try taking it online and that'll bring you back down to earth :D

You can join some people on our site who play it if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭afatbollix

i got it with the xbox as a deal.. and its all i play... havent even opened 2 of the other games ....

kaimera wrote: »
    Side note: Any boardsies with good times in the time trails? Tried one or two tracks and the top times are really really competative.

Managed to get top 100 overall about 2 months ago. Probably dropped down by now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I play from time to time. Gis a shout when you're on Devore. "Kinetic IRL" is my gamertag.

ROFL! Modesty of the highest degree!

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    ROFL! Modesty of the highest degree!

I haven't played it in a while Mikey. Go off and study for yore exams!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I haven't played it in a while Mikey. Go off and study for yore exams!!! :pac:

No.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I spent most of February at Forza 2. It was a bargain and well worth the money :)

At the moment though, GTA4 is consuming every second of my free time. If you value yours, stay away from it :pac:

Advertisement