Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats that smell ??

• 05-05-2008 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

0 - 0 NewCastle Chelsea ... you can smell 0-0 a mile off with this one ..
    shoulda put all my savings on it ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Long way to go yet. Smithy still has to be brought on for his dramatic last minute winner set up by a worldclass combination move of Butt, Duffer (supersub extrordinaire eile) and Geremi. I would LUV it if that happens :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

do you ever really post anything but moaning about chelsea?

arent you a fan?

event wrote: »

arent you a fan?

Who are you posting that at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Although i am positive lately with Chelsea, reaching the final of the CL etc ...
    this game i always knew it would be 0-0 ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Who are you posting that at?

at ME ... !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

are sky showing delayed coverage?

jackdaw wrote: »
    at ME ... !

Yeah that's what I thought but I have been doing a fair bitta moaning and b!tching etc on the boards today to be fair :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

No Ballack, no Joe Cole? WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Xavi6 wrote: »
    No Ballack, no Joe Cole? WTF?

Ballack is playing

not very good it seems :p

They've some bench to be able to bring in and change things to be fair. Ballack has been v quiet. No chance for him to roar "Ja Ja!!" in to the camera so far thank God.

• Advertisement

Unearthly wrote: »
    Ballack is playing

not very good it seems :p

Sorry that shoulda been Lampard.

Why change a team that displayed such balls in the last two games? They haven't played since Wednesday FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ballack is on .. J.Cole & F.Lampard are not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

zAbbo wrote: »
    are sky showing delayed coverage?

It's live on sky sports one now.

Smithy on, my premonition is on the way to being reality!!!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    It's live on sky sports one now.

Bit it's only half time, according this thread, it's 0-0 done and dusted ;)

zAbbo wrote: »
    Bit it's only half time, according this thread, it's 0-0 done and dusted ;)

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I have yet to see it. :D
    arent you a fan?
    Depends on the definition I suppose :)

Come on Chelski, down to the wire.

Terry hits the bar :mad:

Fcuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Better performance of Newcatsle in first half,they deserved lead.And i just knew this is going to happen,stupid Chelsea out of nothing 0-1......

• Advertisement

Ballack!! Great setpiece, but terrible defending. Good god, he has been huge the past few weeks.

1.9 for a Chelsea win at half time, small punt to keep me interested.

Good man Ballack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

damn you! come on King Kev!!

Ballack's been superb these last two weeks. Talk about grabbin a team by the balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

HAHA:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ah the hilarity of Chelsea fans :) Chelsea really don't deserve this lead, I'm hopeful Newcastle can still nick an equaliser. Don't want it to happen too early though, otherwise Chelsea will decide to play again and win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

0-2....

0-2....

:D

Very classless behaviour resorting to jynxing your opposition :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

PHB wrote: »
    Ah the hilarity of Chelsea fans :) Chelsea really don't deserve this lead, I'm hopeful Newcastle can still nick an equaliser. Don't want it to happen too early though, otherwise Chelsea will decide to play again and win.

Don't deserve the lead? Newcastle have been dreadful this half. Couldn't keep the ball at all. King Kev is a tactical mastermind, who knew having no midfield would lead to you never getting hold of the ball. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Anyone else having problems hearing commentary on Sky Sports? Think the levels are all wrong man...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Don't deserve the lead? Newcastle have been dreadful this half. Couldn't keep the ball at all. King Kev is a tactical mastermind, who knew having no midfield would lead to you never getting hold of the ball. :rolleyes:

They didn't deserve the lead by the time I had posted that. Newcsatle were utter ****e in the 2nd half and in the end deserved to lose.

Still, Owen should have had to goals today, he's not the player he used to be.

PHB wrote: »
    Still, Owen should have had to goals today, he's not the player he used to be.

Name a Newcastle player that is. Owen, Duff, Smith, Viduka, Butt. All washed up has beens at this stage.

A LOT of deadwood in that side that needs to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

How much did Jose Enrique cost. He seems really poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Name a Newcastle player that is. Owen, Duff, Smith, Viduka, Butt. All washed up has beens at this stage.

A LOT of deadwood in that side that needs to go.

Duff, most definitley. Smith was always crap imo. However, Owen has proved that he is re-inventing himself, Sure, you can lose pace, but the ability to finish a chance never leaves a top striker. He needs a good pre-season to sharpening up, but i still think he ahs a lot to offer us.

Think 'washed up has beens' is a bit harsh on Viduka and Butt. Sure, their best years are behind them, but they have been immense for us in the last 8 games. Look how much we missed Viduka's ability to hold the ball up in the second half.

Would you call Didi Hamman a 'washed up has been'?

• Advertisement

How much did Jose Enrique cost. He seems really poor.

£6 million. He didn't have his best game today, but he is only 22, and he has looked a great prospect of late.

Duff, most definitley. Smith was always crap imo. However, Owen has proved that he is re-inventing himself, Sure, you can lose pace, but the ability to finish a chance never leaves a top striker. He needs a good pre-season to sharpening up, but i still think he ahs a lot to offer us.

Think 'washed up has beens' is a bit harsh on Viduka and Butt. Sure, their best years are behind them, but they have been immense for us in the last 8 games. Look how much we missed Viduka's ability to hold the ball up in the second half.

Would you call Didi Hamman a 'washed up has been'?

In terms of where I want the club to go, yes he is. He's the kind of player that is good for a relegation battle of midtable obscurity but we're aiming higher, as should Newcastle be. Those kind of players won't get you European football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Jackdaw what is your problem? Why post a thread like this when the game is still in the first half? All you ever do is come on here to complain and moan. Frankly I think your said age is complete bull. You claim to be 30ish I'd give you no more than 13-14.

Yes Chelsea were sluggish in the first half but the second half it was all the blues and deserved the win. Ballack since getting his full fitness back has been in my opinion the best CM in the prem. Certainly in the past few weeks he has just been a monster in the middle.

Nobody in the Chelsea midfield runs more than him, his passing is just pure class and his over all calmness that he brings to that midfield can not be underestimated. When Chelsea have needed him most to drag them through the close season he has taken that team by the scruff of the neck and owned the park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

i sincerely hope I am never sitting next to you at a match. i'm as pessimistic as the next chelsea fan but you take it to a whole new level, and then take up valuable interweb space by sharing it with us, you should support spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Its a wind-up poster clearly.

• Advertisement

In terms of where I want the club to go, yes he is. He's the kind of player that is good for a relegation battle of midtable obscurity but we're aiming higher, as should Newcastle be. Those kind of players won't get you European football.

I would describe 'Washed up has been' as a player who is truly past it and has nothing to offer the club in any shape or form. Stephen Carr fits the bill nicley.

However, with Viduka and Butt (like I have said their best years are past them) but they have both shown they still have something to offer and should be retained as squad players. You certainly wouldn't build your team around them, but they could be the difference maker to bring on an see out the last 20 mins of a game.

Look at Arsenal, they really could have done with some experenice and a wise head in the latter part of their season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

What is it with literally every single one of your posts? You need to learn to have a little faith in your team and take a deep breath before opening your mouth.

Out of curiosity, how long have you supported Chelsea for and who did you support beforehand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I'm guessing jackdaw is a fan of all of 3-4 years? Probably one of these who jumped on the bandwagon and now feels they owe him his loyal support. Of course when we don't win absolutely every single game by 4-0 then he questions his support. Childish.

As myself and growler have always said, as blues fans of 20+ years we have been through a lot worse than a CL final and 2nd in the league!

Lads it's a wum

Probably a Man Utd or Liverpool fan having a laugh. How he is still allowed to post new topics every week is beyond me

Advertisement