Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding Work

Options
  • 05-05-2008 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

just wondering where i would start looking if i wanted a bit of web dev work, free lance preferably. I have been working on a site for the last 5 months and the work is drying up a bit, been looking around on nixers but there isnt much. do you use any sites to find work or is mostly referrals/word of mouth?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Advertise yourself on Adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Get some sort of site up for yourself to show what you can do. Go where your customers are and tell them you are available. If you want other designers to give you work, tell them on the likes of this board or on www.iwf.ie. If you are trying to build up a name with businesses, it'll take a lot of work getting a name, portfolio and reputation out there. Also, have a read of www.freelanceswitch.com articles. Some great info over there.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

nice one lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

would second freelanceswitch, also check out their podcasts which have some great tips also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Have a look at www.scriptlance.com

Lots of small nixers there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i think you should get some cards made. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Advertisement