Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can i make a 50cc engine sound more meaty

• 05-05-2008 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

due to insurance costs im really put off by any stronger bikes.
    im in love with the yamaha tzr 50, but the weedy engine note is really a horrible thing to live with, i think.
    is there any way to make the exhaust note louder so as to drown out the engine? or any other alternative to beef up the noise.

21163_0_1_2_tzr%2050_Image%20credits%20-%20Yamaha.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Something like : http://www.bbbikeshop.co.uk/acatalog/Other_Giannelli_and_Kundo_exhausts.html

sorta thing ( need to adjust fuel fix too usually or it will self destruct)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Luci5er

bushy... wrote: »
    Something like : http://www.bbbikeshop.co.uk/acatalog/Other_Giannelli_and_Kundo_exhausts.html

sorta thing ( need to adjust fuel fix too usually or it will self destruct)

so what exactly does that accomplish?? does it make it louder, what affects does it have on performance, and more importantly can it be done here in ireland; locally.

thanks a lot for ur help:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,487 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Ice pop stick attached to swinging arm? :D

A noisier exhaust will only attract attention (the wrong sort) and increase fuel consumption.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

just get ear plugs and wait until the insurance drops so you can get a big meaty V-twin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

You can get some stiff cardboard and attached it to the frame with clothes pegs, as the bike moves foreword the cardboard will rub against the spokes and will make the bike sound more "meatier"

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You can change the end can but you will still have a small bike that will still sound like a bee with a megaphone. I would avoid making a bike like this noisier because its still sounds like a small tinny engine, and youll risk putting the engine under strain if you mess about too much. People will notice you but not cos your on a wicked bike, it will be more: 'God that twit thinks hes on a big bike just cos its noisy'

No quick fix, Id advise waiting and trading up when you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,533 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Why don't you go for something like a reliable 125cc commuter?
    Then the engine noise will be in keeping with the looks of the bike..
    Probably cheaper insurance too.. Probably a cheaper bike too..

Then with all the money you save, buy the bike you really want, after you pass your test.. What age bracket do you fit into?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Luci5er

Why don't you go for something like a reliable 125cc commuter?
    Then the engine noise will be in keeping with the looks of the bike..
    Probably cheaper insurance too.. Probably a cheaper bike too..

Then with all the money you save, buy the bike you really want, after you pass your test.. What age bracket do you fit into?

i want a 50 cc as i have a full car license, that will save me a lot of paperwork. besides its only for town run.
    i think KtK is right up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Does the "M" licence cover all 50cc's or just scooters ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

Luci5er wrote: »
    i want a 50 cc as i have a full car license, that will save me a lot of paperwork. besides its only for town run.
    i think KtK is right up there.

I thought a full car license only covers up to 49cc?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I thought a full car license only covers up to 49cc?

M licence covers :Moped with maximum speed of 45 kph and engine size up to 50 cc according to citizens advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,487 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Recent car licences do not come with M as standard - check you definitely have it.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

KtK wrote: »
    M licence covers :Moped with maximum speed of 45 kph and engine size up to 50 cc according to citizens advice.

That means the OP can't drive the TZR50 on his current licence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

the tzr doesnt look like a moped to me... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Polini

Change Airfilter maybe to get better sound out of it also maybe diffent muffeler and offcourse carby. but depense how much u wanne spend.
    By the way i got a question. If i get a moped imported who has 49cc, what license do i need? Because those bicycle with the 49 cc motor on it which u can drive without a license! Just because i m about to loose my driving license unfortunatly!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

you cant drive any 49cc bike without at-least an 'M' license

dunno these 49cc bicycles of which you speak, but I can almost guarantee that you'd need a license (and insurance) to ride one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Do you mind me asking you how much the bike cost?

Advertisement