Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP Leaving Cert 2008

Options
  • 05-05-2008 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Anyone sitting the Leaving Cert LCVP written paper on Wednesday Morning? How are ya feeling about it? Nervous?

Best of luck to all the candidates sitting the exam. Give it socks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

I have it alright. We havnt really been doing much work for it in school. I did some study for it today alright. I just want the 70points because if i get the 50 the whole subject will be useless. Hope it goes well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

yup im doing it.

Just wondering whats actually on the exam?? We were told its just common sense.....

have you not done a pre?
    Most of it is pretty simple.
    Audio/visual is a doddle where you can easly get full or close to full marks.
    Case study is grand if u know some of the simple stuff. SWOT analysis etc. And general questions are partly related to the portfolio work so thats not too bad aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Just put of curiosity, could thy ask you a question like:

"What are the aims of your Summary Report?"

to test if they know your portfolio items inside out?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

So I took the exam this morning, I got a pass in the mock LCVP Exam which I was pretty anoyed with, my mock was marked very hard all the same as they were sent away. But never the less I seemed to have got on allright in the real thing a matter of hours ago. Th Audio Visual, which was about some marketing and printing company (amazing what you can't remember when you have just walked out of the exam :( ), the questions wern't too bad in my opinion, I did end up spending a bit of time filling in the answers when I should have been doing the case study, but I was happy with my answers on that. Then the case study was interesting, of course we had received that about a month previous but the questions wern't too tricky, I thought they were all possible and thank god I had predicted one of them so I was well prepared for that one. Then section 3, now that was a tricky one, seemed to get cought out somewhere in every question, but I plughed through and with seconds to go in the end I finished up, had to rush the last question which I wasn't too happy about doing, but nevertheless I was happy.

So how did everyone else do???? well I hope??? what did you all think of the audio visual, the fella "mark" wasn't too good at speaking, you could see it was well rehearsed??? Got a bit of a laugh out of it though in there, and what about the questions that came up on the case study, surprized??? and section 3, how did those questions go for you??? was anyone stuck for time like me??? I have to say a few people in my class didnt get some of the questions done at all. Did anyone else study for it??? Did yous do much??? I done a good bit but still could have been more prepared.

Andy
    :):p;):D:rolleyes:confused::eek::cool:

• Advertisement

It went grand. I forgot alot of simple stuff during the test that i had learnt but it was fine.
    I found q2 of the case study the hardest as i did fully understand what they were asking for.
    Other than that it was pretty ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

I thought it was an incredibly gay exam and a waste of time:p

The audio visual was basically a test of how much you could remember and write in 2 minutes....

It got a few laughs for."you have 1 minute left"

It was a fairly easy exam but it was stupid. It was the first time I ever did an lcvp exam so I was kinda stuck for time at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

yeah I thought it was alright, made a bit of a balls of the summary report..put in too many headings at the end so hadn't enough room! besides that, it hopefully went alright..counting it for points if I get the distinction! :eek:

"Please write your answers in your answer boooo-klet now" :) - oh theres always one!

Hope everyone else got on well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

mcgowaner wrote: »

what did you all think of the audio visual, the fella "mark" wasn't too good at speaking, you could see it was well rehearsed???

Andy
    :):p;):D:rolleyes:confused::eek::cool:

lol, did anyone notice that Mary the manager in the audio visual is one of the characters from Fair City on RTE, and the Mark guy is also a recognisable actor whom's name I can't think of at the minute?

The moment they started speaking I knew they were actors, they were far too confident, and spoke at 100mph!

anyhoo, I guess thats all irreleveant anyways.

Advertisement