Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freezing on PS3 version

• 05-05-2008 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

I don't actually have the game but thought I'd post this that someone posted on a random site:
    1) Delete the games install data. This is done via the PS3 options. Scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Game' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Game Data Utility' Enter this and locate the GTA IV option. Highlight this and press triangle once, from the menu select Delete. This will delete the games install information.

2) Delete the games save files. To delete any save files you will need to do the following. Scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Game' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Save Data Utility' Enter this and locate the GTA IV option. Highlight this and press triangle once, and from the context menu select Delete.

3) Disable your internet connectivity for the PS3. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Settings' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Network Settings'. Now scroll down to the Internet connection option and press x, now select the disable option. Once this has been done unplug the Ethernet cable if you are connecting to the internet if using this.

4) Disable the consoles information board. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Network' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Information Board', highlight this and press triangle. From the menu select 'Do not display' Press X to confirm this.

5) Disable Media Server functionality. Scroll to Settings, now scroll up / down to 'Network Settings' select Media Server connection. Once this has been done press triangle and change the option Disabled.

6) Delete all of the systems internet cache. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Network' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Internet Browser', highlight this and press X. Once you browser opens press the triangle button once, from the new menu highlight the 'Tools' option and press X. Scroll down the menu until you reach 'Delete Cookies' and press X. Confirm the files deletion. Repeat this for 'Delete Cache'.

7) Turn off the PS3 screen saver. Use the cross media bar to scroll to 'Settings', select 'Display Settings'. Now highlight 'Screensaver' and set this to 'Do not use'.

8) Once this has been done manually restart you PS3 by holding down the power button for 5 seconds it will beep once and then shut down. Release the power button and re-press it and hold for about 5 seconds. The system will then boot and reset all display settings. You will prompted to reset your display settings to how you require them.

9) Once restarted please try the game again, you will be prompted to reinstall.

Once the game has started please turn off the following features:

1) The games auto-save. Press Start, Game, and locate the Auto-save option. Turn this off.

2) Turn off the games flicker filter. Press Start, Display and locate the Flicker Filter option. Turn this off.

3) Turn off the controller vibration feature. Press Start, Controls and locate the vibration option. Turn this off.
    Here is the 360 Fix:

Contact Rockstar Games Support If you need more help you can contact a technical support via email or phone.

Just in case people dunno about it.

Seems kinda ****ty for a fix tbh. But I dunno how bad the freezing is, if its really ruining the game this might be worth it.

Got the info from a comment on this vid http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33470.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Much easier fix than all of that - disable your internet connection.

I had the problem, I did that and it fixed it. From what I've heard it's some sort of problem with how it reports stats back to rockstar.

I've since re-enabled the connection to play online and haven't had any problems either so hopefully it's gotten better as they've worked on server side stuff their end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yeah don't bother with all that crap, just turn off the internet connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Interesting. So its not a hardware issue. Well thats not as bad as it sounded.

Advertisement