Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for the Ladies...

Options
  • 05-05-2008 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

Hi Girlies,

Some of you may remember a few months ago, i was asking your advice on how much you would pay for massage treatments etc. I just want to make it very clear for the post that I am not touting for businss or anything like that! :D So I've only now actually got round to organising myself.

So my question is that, I'm going to set up a website because as you know websites are fab for finding what you're looking for so quickly and I've been told the internet is obviously the first place people go to find what they're looking for.

So I'm a Holistic Therapist... i do all the different massage forms aromatherapy, indian head, sports massage etc... So what woluld you think would be a good name for the website? I think it's either .ie or .com, I can't use my name for the .com as it's already taken but can you think of a sort of thing that would sound good. You know like massage.ie or whatever.

My boyfriend (who has done marketing) thinks Healing Touch as a sort of business name...any other suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Depends on the sort of clientele you're going for or what area you like most yourself. I have sports massage, holistic, stress management, aromatherapy and sports equipment. Personally I'd go for the sports area of it so a name like healing touch wouldn't really do it for me. I'm very into having a sore muscle to dig into and work out all that tension and soreness so aromatherapy and holistic massage really bore the crap out of me when I'm giving a treatment.

Would it really be the whole mind, body spirit that you'd be into? If yes something like the healing touch is quite a good name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

What about HolisticHands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Very good point thank you!

I have the same qualifications yeah but I'm currently in my 2nd year of studying Physical Therapy so it's mostly sports injuries i'm into... any excuse to dig into a back or some legs!!

No definitely not the mind, body, spirit thing, not my kinda thing!! I did say can i not use "come-here-and-let- me- gouge- you" as a business name, he said no :( :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Does it have to be witty or should it be descriptive e.g Henry St Sports Massage?

Btw will you be giving discounts to boards users :cool: you'll certainly get a few if it sports massage.

Oh sorry, I should have mentioned i'll be working from home./ house calls!!

I would just hate the thought of being like "Margaret's beauty Salon" or something. i came across one in the golden pages earlier which was "Mary's Holistic House" euuurgghhh!! I just want something kinda cool!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

"Mary's Holistic House"

shiver - sounds creepy :eek: (and maybe illegal!)

doesn't it? sounds very weird!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I was just going to say look at the names of other business' and see if you can adapt one from theirs.

Something like Body Balance, Body Mechanics or summat. I dunno.

body balance isn't bad actually!!

it's just to me, that putting "Mary Murphy - holistic therapist" on a business card isn't enough so i want a website that they can go to for the info because not everyone is gonna know what a Holistic Therapist is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭gipi

Something to keep in mind when you do choose a name - many people google for a therapist/masseuse/physio/whatever in a specific location (e.g. Drogheda). You might consider including that in your site name (or at least the web page title) so that it floats to the top of any search list.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, i've already thought of that! My bf's going to do the web design which is handy!!

some names that have been suggested are

Hands of Serenity (too long winded?)
    Mojo therapy
    Rejuvenate

As I said i'd love something quick and snappy or something flowy and girly but not weird!! Hence why i asked in here, i find the ladies in LL have some great suggestions!!

I thought of another one, it seemed great in my head at the time but now I'm not sure..

Aisance is the french translation of the word !ease" as in to ease out tension from muscles etc? www.aisance.ie.... looks more like a financial services kinda name maybe? And people wouldn't know that it is the translation of ease

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Hey lady, great that its all coming together for you! Must be very exciting!

Personally I wouldn't pick aisance, think the French explanation would go over the heads of people.

I liked Body Balance.

Heya, how're you!

yeah I've finally given myself another kick up the bum because I got so caught up in exams and stuff that i forgot about it... but got my insurance quote, new bed is in the process of being ordered etc!!

I think the idea of Aisance is good (somehow my bf agreed with me!) but he said it'd be hard to say/ maybe hard to remember for people spreading word of mouth. I do like body balance but at the same time.. could indicate weight loss or something like that?

I was looking up things like exotic flower names etc and came across Tiger Lilly which i think is soooooooo pretty!

It is quite exciting now but also jut so scary! the thought of ads being on websites with my name and number etc or in chemists etc!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Heya, how're you!

yeah I've finally given myself another kick up the bum because I got so caught up in exams and stuff that i forgot about it... but got my insurance quote, new bed is in the process of being ordered etc!!

I think the idea of Aisance is good (somehow my bf agreed with me!) but he said it'd be hard to say/ maybe hard to remember for people spreading word of mouth. I do like body balance but at the same time.. could indicate weight loss or something like that?

I was looking up things like exotic flower names etc and came across Tiger Lilly which i think is soooooooo pretty!

It is quite exciting now but also jut so scary! the thought of ads being on websites with my name and number etc or in chemists etc!!

Good point about the Body Balance, could read as a gym even. Crumbs, bit of a dilemma. Tiger Lily is also cool. Decisions, decisions!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I like Revive, I'd be wary of any exotic sounding name when setting up a massage place, might have people thinking the wrong thing.
    There's a place in London called Me Time Massage, I thought it was nice and simple.

I like revive. I also like tiger lily but it makes think of that Yates girl.
    How about Lá nua.

GinnyJo wrote: »
    I like Revive, I'd be wary of any exotic sounding name when setting up a massage place, might have people thinking the wrong thing.
    There's a place in London called Me Time Massage, I thought it was nice and simple.

Me Time, that's kinda cool!! Problem is there's already a chain of Salons called Revive, all the good ones are taken!! :(
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    I like revive. I also like tiger lily but it makes think of that Yates girl.
    How about Lá nua.

True about the name, i still just have some thing about tiger lilly, my boyfriend is trying to get me to think around all of the possible lilly names. He had said to me was there any name i'd love to have been called, like after a flower or whatever. I've always loved lillies so that's where it came from.

Lá Nua sounds lovely actually, didn't even consider going down the irish route!

Aaahhh, what about "Head2Toe"... website would either be head2toe.ie or head2toetherapy.com

what do people think? Sorry if i'm annoying anyone, i'm just wondering if ye ladies would consider going to somewhere based on the name? i know i would

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I notice your question is addressed to ladies only, (sorry for replying) is your service aimed at ladies only too? If so maybe you should be thinking up a sexist name.

• Advertisement

Don't be silly why would you be annoying anyone.
    Head2toe is good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

My boyfriend (who has done marketing) thinks Healing Touch as a sort of business name...any other suggestions?
    House of the Rising Sun? No... that's already taken.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

my take.

head2toe is good, easy to remember and suits the business. the only thing about it is i get the image in my head of a place thats all about the money, where workers are in the kinda clothes boots workers wear you know.

La nua, i like. its different, bit less memorable but its not forgettable either. its sounds more to me like a quanit little business where the customer is really important and the person running it would have regulars who know each other very well simply from revisiting the business you know.

2 stroke wrote: »
    I notice your question is addressed to ladies only, (sorry for replying) is your service aimed at ladies only too? If so maybe you should be thinking up a sexist name.

The title of the post is addressed to the ladies of the ladies lounge because I was hoping that the post would be kept in this forum. Obviously males are more tan welcome to suggest any names. I have just found that in my previous post about opening my business that the ladies here have been very helpful. If you do have any appropriate names to suggest, then please do so!

aye wrote: »
    my take.

head2toe is good, easy to remember and suits the business. the only thing about it is i get the image in my head of a place thats all about the money, where workers are in the kinda clothes boots workers wear you know.

La nua, i like. its different, bit less memorable but its not forgettable either. its sounds more to me like a quanit little business where the customer is really important and the person running it would have regulars who know each other very well simply from revisiting the business you know.

I know I understand what you mean but it's only going to be me working for myself so it won't be a huge business :( as much as i would love it to be!! My business will be totally client centred, both of my courses that i have done to get me where I am have thought me that.. i work on a client centered approach!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

I know I understand what you mean but it's only going to be me working for myself so it won't be a huge business :( as much as i would love it to be!!

might turn out to be huge, never know. all businesses started somewhere.

aye wrote: »
    might turn out to be huge, never know. all businesses started somewhere.

That's true. well... that's my dream anyway! At the moment it'll just be little ol' me working out of a rented therapist room or from home!!

the thinking of a name thing is awfully head wrecking though!!

Advertisement