Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best addons?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Never used auctioneer untill the other day, ****ing amazing little addon. Im making so much more then i ever was before.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

120G with maybe 150G worth of auctions posted.

Level 23.
    To be honest I'm spending a lot more time buying and selling than leveling up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

I use 310 addons,

You can never have to much information.

wow2008060910350242ws8.jpg
    wow2008060910350242ws8.2f6eb95be8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I think you've just proved that yes, yes you can have too much info ;) Especially since alot of that is redundant, being already displayed by the standard Blizzard UI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

the MCPfu isn't a permanent display. I use Fubar and Omen myself. I do like the buttonbars - what mod is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Think it's CyCircled, but not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 displeaser

Blazher wrote: »
    I use 310 addons

That must be a complete nightmare for updating...

I'm nearly fully ace compliant, most addons from ACE so WAU makes updating them a breeze. Only 2 I use that are not ace based, Auctioneer and DBM (which I only use for pre-tbc raids)

Grid
    Clique
    AG_Unitframes
    Omen
    Bigwigs
    Decursive
    Bongos
    Recount
    Quartz
    SCT
    RatingBuster
    Bankitems
    Closetgnome
    Fubar
    Cartographer
    Atlasloot
    ndragit
    Auctioneer
    DBM

Macros42 wrote: »
    the MCPfu isn't a permanent display. I use Fubar and Omen myself. I do like the buttonbars - what mod is that?
    Bartender with CyCircled most probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

displeaser wrote: »
    Bartender with CyCircled most probably.

Yes that what i use,

What you cant see in the Screenshot is, I have abother 4 bars that are on Fade! . I have the fubar on fade as well. So when im playing i have a better field of view, It helps BIG time in SWP :D

use bongos myself and have most bars set to fade, only a crappy small screen so very little display real-estate to work with and as I'm a circle of lol priest, 25 health bars staring in my face most of the time.

• Advertisement

Up to 220G with 80 items in the AH and after just buying this for 60G for my lvl 29 mage:
    http://thottbot.com/i7728

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeh use bongos myself,xperl,omen,titanpanel,questhelper,cart, and couple others.

best profit with auctioneer is when your aware of the prices, scans in the short term dont do that, you need lots of scans over a decent period of time and awareness of general market prices, people can play with the results hence controlling your market price. Knowing the prices yourself is best. If your not confident with all item (trade, weapon, armour, recipe etc) then just stick with trade items, easy profit there in a short space of time guarenteed, with little risk. And scans pick up the average prices very quickly. And dont forget the neutral AH as well, massive cross faction profits to be made, recipies and rarer items especially.

For example, on the burning steppes server. Primal Nethers are selling for around 56-60+ on the alliance AH. On the neutral AH they are 44ish. 12 gold profit per nether sold. Lets say you sell for 52 on the alliance side, your pretty much guaranteed people will buy them and your making 8 gold per transaction. Recipes and pets have given me some nice profits from the neutral AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Drakar wrote: »
    I took a lvl 1 to like 140g using auctioneer just by selling his starter equipment and using the cash to buy and sell stuff. Auctioneer totally ftw.

Explain to me how you do this?

I have auctioneer installed and it has about 2 weeks of scans. I'm sitting on 50g from quests and am lv40 so no mount.

displeaser wrote: »
    best profit with auctioneer is when your aware of the prices, scans in the short term dont do that, you need lots of scans over a decent period of time and awareness of general market prices, people can play with the results hence controlling your market price. Knowing the prices yourself is best. If your not confident with all item (trade, weapon, armour, recipe etc) then just stick with trade items, easy profit there in a short space of time guarenteed, with little risk. And scans pick up the average prices very quickly. And dont forget the neutral AH as well, massive cross faction profits to be made, recipies and rarer items especially.

For example, on the burning steppes server. Primal Nethers are selling for around 56-60+ on the alliance AH. On the neutral AH they are 44ish. 12 gold profit per nether sold. Lets say you sell for 52 on the alliance side, your pretty much guaranteed people will buy them and your making 8 gold per transaction. Recipes and pets have given me some nice profits from the neutral AH.

I've been stung a few times but I'm making some amazing money over Auctioneer.
    For example: I just bought this for 60s
    http://thottbot.com/i10413

Have 220G, I'm totally geared and have maybe 300G worth of stuff in the AH. Not bad for a 31 Mage with no alt feeding him.

I have noticed people f ucking around with prices just to spite people who use Auctioneer. But yeah, you do need a knowledge of the market and I think I have it.

I played a rogue to 60 18 months ago and used Auctioneer back then too.
    It's gotten a lot better too.(the auctioneer program)

not sure how long you have Auctioneer for but best to do scans once a day for a few weeks (get tea or whatever), this will give you a good price database to work with. After that I like to do it Wednesday,fri and Sat (fri/sat are best days for selling as all the weekend raiders are on, Wed is good as a lot of people will repost auctions after the server downtime). You need to scan at least once a week after you get a good DB to make sure you keep up with market trends. Trade goods are safest profit makers.

Keep an eye on the neutral AH as well as I said, some great cross faction bargains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Where would be the best place to do the auctions?I've been hanging around bootybay for the last few days doing quests and stuff but I find the auction house fairly useless, just don't seem to be many people using it.I find the house in Ogrimar to be the best at the mo followed by Under city.What are other peoples experiences?

Meatwad wrote: »
    Where would be the best place to do the auctions?I've been hanging around bootybay for the last few days doing quests and stuff but I find the auction house fairly useless, just don't seem to be many people using it.I find the house in Ogrimar to be the best at the mo followed by Under city.What are other peoples experiences?

There's no distinction between the Auction Houses in the Undercity and Orgrimmar they're all linked up.

Meatwad wrote: »

The AH in booty bay and Gadgetzan are the neutral auction houses, IE, they can be used by people from both the horde and the alliance. The Ogrimar/undercity are just for hordies (just like the stormwind and ironforge for alliance). There is a higher AH "tax" on the neutral auction houses and also partly out of the way so the specific faction auction houses will always get more traffic.

Most people leveling create a bank character to send stuff to, helps speed up the leveling process (i have an alt guild banker so i can use the guild bank facility for my bank character). These are normally level one and will normally be found in capital cities siting beside a postbox near the AH. I would personally never consider moving my alt from stormwind to booty bay as A) would take too long, B) would be asking to be ganked, C) not worth it in the long run.

Keep an eye on the neutral AH from time to time, some nice profit to be made there.

EDIT: All faction specific auction houses are the same, ie have the exact same things at the exact same prices. Same with the neutral auction houses (ie booty bay and Gadgetzan are the exact same just in different places)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

cheers for clearing that up for me guys.REally after getting into auctioneer now.At first didn't see what the fuss was about as wasn't really making money on it.But after a few days and getting the swing of it I have made about 50gold with very little work.Needed it badly too, just couldn't save the money for a mount but thanks to the advice on here it looks like I should have my first mount in a day or so.

• Advertisement

Excellent mate, gratz.

remember, trade goods are always safe, ore > processed metal, herbs and enchanting mats generally sell well. Look and play with all the auctioneer tabs, bottemscanner is quite imba, but look at configuring it and play with the options. And of course, any questions about any of it all then just post back here.

Dissy

Advertisement