Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps3 GTA IV customizable soundtracks?

• 05-05-2008 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

just wondering if its possible to play songs that I have on my hard drive in the game…:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

No, only the 360 can do that(On any game for that matter).Some say that this feature may come in a firmware update at some stage in the future but i'm not too optimistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ongarite

Custom soundtracks alla 360 will never come to PS3 due to patents MS hold regarding OS/Dashboard control of said feature.

Sony have included a feature though where the game being played can utilise a custom soundtrack if coded into the game.
    2 games that support such feaure are SSHD and Burnout Paradise.

In short it is up to the developer to include this feature, Sony can't inplement universal custom soundtrack feature without being sued by MS.

http://www.ripten.com/2008/03/31/microsoft-owns-patent-for-in-game-custom-soundtracks/

http://www.google.com/patents?id=mx93AAAAEBAJ&dq=gaming+soundtrack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

tna impact will have customisable soundtracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

sorry if this is a stupid question but u can plug an mp3 player into a 360, yeah? can gta play mp3s off the mp3 player or does the music have to be on the hard drive?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Don't know about plugging the mp3 directly into the 360 and then playing tracks off it in game as If never gone to the bother, but I do stream tracks from my pc to the xbox fine and if I plugged the mp3 player into that then it would work as well for streaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    sorry if this is a stupid question but u can plug an mp3 player into a 360, yeah? can gta play mp3s off the mp3 player or does the music have to be on the hard drive?

it'll play them off the player during the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

This is a pile of crap. Even Gta3 Xbox had user Radio Stations. Trust MS to sue Sony for adding MP3 functionality to the game (even though the Ps3 can run them natively). This is the one thing i looked forward to because frankly i dont care much for the soundtrack. I popped over a couple of Mp3s on mah Ps3 today and lo and behold the consumer gets shafted again.

Its a great Game, but i really thought it would move forward with the likes of an Mp3/Radio player that I could use on foot, or Customisable Cars like in SA.

I was told that there would be pay2play songs released for the stations on both consoles. Consider the situation, you own an Album, be it bought in a store or bought on Itunes or a Drm free equivalent, yet you have to go pay for it, or a song off it to play it on GTA even though both consoles play Mp3s natively......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tbh this feature is really old hat, it was on the pc back in the day of GTA 3.

that being said it should still be implemented into the game, but i'd much rather like to see the likes of adding your own internet radio stations to the game than having a channel for your mp3's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Cremo wrote: »
    that being said it should still be implemented into the game, but i'd much rather like to see the likes of adding your own internet radio stations to the game than having a channel for your mp3's.

QFT, back in the day of modding SA on the PC i dreamed of such a feature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

nice one quarryman. should come in handy, i hear the gta soundtrack is a little bloated of rap/hip hop crap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

There's a load of radio stations, so you can completely avoid the rap/hip hop and still have tonnes of stuff to listen to. The fact that you can use taxis to get around everywhere so easily has meant i haven't been paying a massive amount of attention to the radio stations in this one. Suppose that might be a good thing though, it won't get old too quickly.

Advertisement