Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst programme on the box?

• 05-05-2008 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭

'Life Without Me', imo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

For me pretty much anything that involves the word "reality".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

big brother. never seen a lot of it but anytime i have, oh god. same to get me out of here jungle crap, very very bad. see where im going here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

and america's top model, i lose a lot of interest in any woman watching this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Xposé. Brain-numbing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

"60 Minute Makeover. "

Really awful stuff (even by home-makeover standards I'd imagine?). I got to watch it today thanks to glorious bank holiday status.

So anyway, the show consists of this really pushy blonde bimbo presenter yapping away and getting in the faces of the "hired help". Meanwhile a bald Scotish ponce minces about and kits two lads house in 70's tack because it's "back in". I turned it off before the end but I can't imagine they were too happy with it. It looked like a headache that had just vomited on a stray dog.

The show even had craig from Big Brother on it but he had been relegated to the role of just another working stiff. Oh how the mighty have fallen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Any soap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Jesus pick a number...

Standard of T.V. has been on a steady decline over the last 10 years. Maybe partially due to the whole internet 'age' but I dont 'plan' to watch TV shows these days.

Shows that stick out:

How to look good naked (c0ck wang is a patronizing asshole)
    Desperate Housewives
    LOST (I'd rather watch the Fair City Omnibus then 3 seconds of that crap)
    CSI
    Sky1
    Soaps

The box is churning out enormous amounts of crap, creativity seems to be dwindling in favor of monotonous, homogeneous pandering to the masses who are looking for the safety of an unoriginal storyline.

Its makes me mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭antoswords

Fair City, truly awful. And because these "actors" have been in this ****e for so long, they actually believe they are good! i.e your one robin, watch her, total cack!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

JThe box is churning out enormous amounts of crap, creativity seems to be dwindling in favor of monotonous, homogeneous pandering to the masses who are looking for the safety of an unoriginal storyline.
    'Lost' has its problems but how can you say it's unoriginal and monotonous? Frustrating yes, occasionally directionless in its earlier seasons (not so much anymore), but montonous and unoriginal? I watch far too much TV and can't really think of much like it out there, even going back to shows like "The Prisoner".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

ixoy wrote: »
    'Lost' has its problems but how can you say it's unoriginal and monotonous? Frustrating yes, occasionally directionless in its earlier seasons (not so much anymore), but montonous and unoriginal? I watch far too much TV and can't really think of much like it out there, even going back to shows like "The Prisoner".

Series one, episode one of LOST had originality...full stop.

Braindead sheep watch it now.

It's total crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Anyone who thinks Lost is one of the worst things on Television musn't watch much TV. There is literally so much bad television out there it's ridiculous. There's far worse than Lost anyway.

Don't agree either that television has been in decline over the past 10 years. Many of the greatest TV series EVER have been produced in the past decade with some of the best writing. Granted we've had to put up with reality television too but there is plenty of quality out there amongst all the rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

That tubrity guy..total faker. Lucy Kennedy and her scarey teeth..telefish eireann gave her a talkshow!!!!!!!!!! Cornation st...will that drivel ever end. Big Brother...lazy TV...bla bla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

TV3. ITV. XPose. Most soaps. Programmes on between 7 and 9 on RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

anything on mtv during the day, nay during anytime.

the ****ing hills, that crap show with an ugly bi female with ten lads and girls going after her, the same south park shown for a week in a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

That talent show with Piers "Morgan" Moron

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tobehonestwithy

how low can you go.

those guys are complete tools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Fair City all the way. Unbelievably bad. The acting, the writing, production value (something RTE has never heard of). Just everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

At the moment, apart from a lot of Irish shows, I think Scrubs is awful.

the Colin Farrell episode? *cringe*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

antoswords wrote: »
    they actually believe they are good! i.e your one robin, watch her, total cack!

She might be totally miscast as a mechanic but she can polish my piston any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I was gonna make a list. However, after thinking about it for a bit there is just too much to mention. There are some great shows at the mo, but 90% is rubbish. Anything on E!, reality(except Dragon's Den), soaps etc. etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    big brother. never seen a lot of it but anytime i have, oh god.

Sh1t. Summer is approaching, it must be back on in the next few weeks. Having said that, it isnt as in your face as it once was. Despite the fact Ive barly ever watched it, because of how much newspape space it took up and from hearing people in work, on buses, in pubs talking about it, without watching it you still knew the name of every contestant by about 3 weeks in, and the show with the winner was such a massive media event it even made the tv news headlines, it was impossible not to know. Whereas from last year all I recall are a pair of blonde twins were on it. Rating were way down so it is entering end game.
    Cremo wrote: »
    that crap show with an ugly bi female with ten lads and girls going after her

Ah yes. Quality tv :pac:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Shot_At_Love_With_Tila_Tequila

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tila_Tequila

She looks pretty cute there, but pretty washed up looking on the actual show :confused: Pathetic typical yank tv at its worst. It is embarrasing seeing these lads waffling about how much they have fallen in love with some orange- fake tan twat who is being well paid to have a dozen nobodies embarrass themselves on tv trying to get with her. And at first I thought one of the lesbians was a fairly stocky built man :eek:

And that Kerry Katona show. It is amazing to think that even 2 years ago she was good looking, the drink and drugs mean shes halfway to looking like Shannon Matthews mother by now.

[QUOTE At the moment, apart from a lot of Irish shows, I think Scrubs is awful.

the Colin Farrell episode? *cringe* [/quote

Dont really watch it much but that episode was gas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Saw one minute of this truly awful stuff on E4, more embarrassing to the tennis player Mark Philippoussis whose career must have gone down the toilet to have to stoop to this. And it says nothing for the IQ level of people who actually watch it.

Age of Love 20's Vs 40's
    Seven beautiful women in their 40s, the Cougars, vie for Mark's affections, along with six fun, enthusiastic women in their 20s, the 'Kittens'.
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

this is the absolute wost show on TV it involves lorraine kelly goin round gettin DNA samples from complete chavs and figuring out who a babies father is!!!
    I came upon it during the week on shy realtmie.......the following epsiode guide will give you an idea as to the quality of the programme!!

Season 1
    We Need To Know Who Our Parents Are
    I Want To Know If I Am The Father
    My Father Was Killed Before I Was Born, I Want a Family
    You Are The Real Father, Deal With It
    Was My Abuser Really My Dad
    Who Is The Real Father?
    I Don't Believe I Am The Father of Our Child
    The Baby Looks Black! I'm Not Sure If It's Mine
    Families Seeking The Truth
    I Slept With Three Men in Order to Get Pregnant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

is_that_so wrote: »
    Saw one minute of this truly awful stuff on E4, more embarrassing to the tennis player Mark Philippoussis whose career must have gone down the toilet to have to stoop to this. And it says nothing for the IQ level of people who actually watch it.

Age of Love 20's Vs 40's
    Seven beautiful women in their 40s, the Cougars, vie for Mark's affections, along with six fun, enthusiastic women in their 20s, the 'Kittens'.
    :pac:

Yup, Age of Love is rubbish.

Worst at the moment is Shipwrecked. A bunch of mainly stuck-up and annoying young people from the UK living on a sunny beach with plenty of food, all the clothes they could stuff into their huge bags, and nothing to do all day but sunbathe and swim. Oh and they seem to add in new people a lot so the numbers never go down.

Survival it is not. It's like a long-term beach party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

Desperate Housewives gets my vote. There may in fact be worse programs out there but none are nearly as hyped, promoted, or have more money gone into production.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭horsecrap

star trek, deep space nine....anything like that, is crap. dunno wat people see in it.
    antiques roadshow- yawn
    deal or no f*cking deal- how can we milk an hour,and look like theres actually a tactic to picking random boxes, listening to an old perv with a beard talk to a muted phone.
    dancing on ice-not for me thank you.
    fair city- nothing need said for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

How low can you go....what a load of absolute crap, but not in a bad way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

horsecrap wrote: »
    deal or no f*cking deal.

The American version of Deal or No Deal is quite good. The English version is rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Eastenders
    Anything about weddings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Livin with lucy
    The Swan
    Xpose
    Fair City
    Anything that involves doing something on ice.
    The English Class
    Heartbeat/The Royal

Basically almost TV3's entire output...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Any Irish show that tries to do comedy with the exception of Naked Camera. I especially fucking detest The Panel. Absolute dross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Any Irish show............except Naked Camera..

****ing hell.

I watched the first episode when, well......it started!

Last Monday I gave it a watch again. 3 odd years down the line and they are still sending a rough looking speccy girl stalking lads for a date same as in episode one, and that Jake Stephens twat. Jesus christ. Its odd considering that any interview Ive seen your man PJ Gallagher in he is actually quite funny, he seems to get creative block when he sits down to write for this sh1t. The only hilarious thing Ive ever seen on it was Bill O`Herhilly in the taxi, and tbh it was probably more because of the usually calm and fairly level headed Bill (as yid have to be to put up with the regular Dunphy rants :) ) swearing and blinding in the cab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Livin' with ****ing Lucy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I'd agree with that Shot at Love show on MTV, that station in general has alot of crap, The Hills, Sweet 16, the one about the young couples getting married.

Desperat Housewives is insulting to anyone with over a tenth of a brain thats only half working.

Oh and The Oireachtas Report what are the actual viewing figures for it, 4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

antoswords wrote: »
    Fair City, truly awful. And because these "actors" have been in this ****e for so long, they actually believe they are good! i.e your one robin, watch her, total cack!

Heard a great one about an actor who got offered a big part in fairly sh*ty a few years ago.
    Turned down other work for it, after about 2-3 weeks he was brought into the office and told he was being let go, he freaked as you would and demanded to know why, eventually the producer(or someone like that) told him that it wasnt him, he was just way too good an actor and he was showing up the rest of the cast on screen.

Laughed his ar*e off and left the office, sad thing is havent seen much of him recently, might have burned some bridges turning down the other work!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Living with Lucy is bad but i absolutely hate any makeover(person/house)shows, once its over you never hear of them again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭scholes19

supermarket sweep, is my moost hated proggramme ever,its on challenge!

Mod Edit: Homophobic comment about Dale Winton removed. This is no place for crap like that, scholes19.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Canceling Sky was probably one of the best decisions I ever made then, because I have no idea what most of you are talking about. Fair City and Home and Away are two of the most dire programmes ever made though. Not quite sure which is worse, very hard to choose. Apart from that, everything on TV3, and that new Livin' with Lucy, saw the Brian McFadden one, truly terrible.

Advertisement