Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Plans

Options
  • 05-05-2008 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭

I am procrastinating. Have an exam at 9 in the morning. But there is hope . . .

Interrailing in July. Scandanavia, Central and Eastern Europe. Cannot wait. Whilst in Ireland hopefully work and bum around doing all sorts of random stuff!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 phreneticus

nice choice, interrailing is the best craic ever - even beats backpacking in asia in my book as I think it's often far too underrated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Since I'll be finished UCD I spose I'll be looking for a job pretty quick tbh. Probably apply for Services. Aside from that I have no idea... I'm just looking forward to finally, finally being rid of this godforsaken dissertation!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I'll be taking the advice of the Coronas, lol
    It�s been too long since you sat up straight and wrote down something you know
    You wanna leave this life but you�re gonna need somewhere to go
    You�re digging a hole dear it�s filled you up and now you�re never quite sure where you stand�I think you need a new plan�.Oh

What will you do for the summer? You�ve got to decide.
    As long as you don�t waste another here I don�t mind
    Take off your make-up and break up �cause you know it�s safer when you�re young free and single
    Grace, don�t wait for the summer to live your life!...Oh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Go away once or twice. Work enough to have some money and just laze about.

It's my last ever Summer off until I'm 65 or whatever so I plan on relaxing and not looking for a "real" job until September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

Six weeks in Menorca with an archaeological field school, then back to the States for good on July 4th (how appropriate, Independence Day). Between then and September, I'll be spending a lot of time in either New York or San Francisco, depending on where my bf decides to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭inverted_world

Writing my thesis... *sigh*

I am taking a week out at the beginning of July to go to Herrang in Sweden. It's currently all I can think about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

Head to the American midwest.Watch baseball on the long the summer evenings,drink beer,hold hands with my girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

work a bit, save a lot, bum around a lot.
    I'm finished UCD now so i'm gonna make the most of the last long summer of freedom.

New York at the end of the summer, keeping me going through the exams!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I am writing my thesis (due September 1st) and working. Going away somewhere in the middle. Having a 'YAY finished my thesis' holiday to Paris with one of my mates in September. Then looking for a job, rest of my life etc etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 arcalzo

Take the summer off and do absolutely nothing structured whatsoever. be somewhere sunny where i feel great and actually feel like gettin outa bed before noon.
    trash all plans and expectations and just open up to what the day brings, and whatever new thoughts and directions arise.try to suspend judgement and criticism and all thoughts of what i should and shouldnt be doing, and just open up to long days out and about.
    do anything but become another blinkered 9-5 dublinite who believes the petty ratrace to be the holy grail - not looking left or right of themselves as they clod hop from a to b.
    so long evenings on the greek islands, Nice, San Remo, corsica, sardinia, the less explored reaches of southern italy and possibly a skip across to Phuket or some other hedonistic spot, where people are connecting with people, and not becoming disconnected from everyting and boasting about how annihilated they were after their umpteenth pint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Was going to work in Paris, but decided I'll work on improving my french in time for next year. So back home, finding a job, bumming at the beach, saving some money for interrailing next year hopefully and finding somewhere to live for next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Bum around and meet up with people I haven't seen in about 6 months due to college pressures in June.

Graduate June 26th.

Start working for July and August as a radiographer.

Spend the August Bank Holiday in Bristol.

Back to College in September for my masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

arcalzo wrote: »
    Take the summer off and do absolutely nothing structured whatsoever. be somewhere sunny where i feel great and actually feel like gettin outa bed before noon.
    trash all plans and expectations and just open up to what the day brings, and whatever new thoughts and directions arise.try to suspend judgement and criticism and all thoughts of what i should and shouldnt be doing, and just open up to long days out and about.
    do anything but become another blinkered 9-5 dublinite who believes the petty ratrace to be the holy grail - not looking left or right of themselves as they clod hop from a to b.
    so long evenings on the greek islands, Nice, San Remo, corsica, sardinia, the less explored reaches of southern italy and possibly a skip across to Phuket or some other hedonistic spot, where people are connecting with people, and not becoming disconnected from everyting and boasting about how annihilated they were after their umpteenth pint.

ah to be that wealthy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Flying to America on May 26th, spending the summer in Virginia.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Diggin' and Surveyin', making money and holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

Half of may and June: working(but where i work i dont really consider it work, love it) and learning to drive and catching up with people i dont go to college with and havent seen in ages cos of exams and that :)

End of june: Thailand with a random group of about 20 people for 5 weeks :p

End of august:start placement until christmas :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Raphael wrote: »
    Flying to America on May 26th, spending the summer in Virginia.

Same here, anything to do with music by any chance raph? :P

No, just doing a J1 over there. Why, what's your excuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Just playing guitar over there for the summer, with paid accomodation and flights, cant be bad eh? :P

Very nice indeed, makes me wish I had talent. =p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Ballerina wrote: »
    End of august:start placement until christmas :mad:

Ah memories ;)

On placement for June/early July in Sligo General Hospital.

Spending the rest of the summer with a cocktail of idling, doing some dissertation work, planning a couple of events and praying for a major upset at the US Democrats Convention!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Flying into Lima on the 30th June for just under two months backpacking around South America. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Flying into New York before moving onto Lawrence Kansas (Wakarusa) and then to Manchester Tennesse (Bonnaroo) before spending a few days in New York. Back to work before going to Bucharest in July(Exit) and hope to fit Barcelona and Westport into there somewhere too before September.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

Enlil_Nick wrote: »
    Flying into Lima on the 30th June for just under two months backpacking around South America. :cool:

Same. Flying to BA on 26th of MAy for a month. ooooohh yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

finish exams, 2 weeks of nothing, 1 month CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) course which is full time 9-5 plus homework >_< , get job teaching english as a foreign language....thats the plan anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Pharm07

wow you all live such exotic lives, so cool. but i do have a couple of excursions planned myself...AUSTRALIA!!! woohooo! and then back home to reality for august, aw.:(
    oh and then spending august dreading about final yr pharm. Its gonna be messy methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Hopefully a decent job for a few months. I need money to fund my Erasmus next year. Apart from that, Rock Werchter and a few other concerts (Springsteen, Neil Young). Mostly my summer is geared towards going away for the year in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Cycling Dublin to Rome in June with a pit-stop at the European Championships in Switzerland. Then some work followed by a week in New York in August before coming back. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Feel like I'v posted in a similar thread anyway but however...

Getting myself employed till August, then getting my Inter-rail on. Possibly a bit of Oxy in there if funds allow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement