Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help Me!

Options
  • 05-05-2008 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

OK lads its getting down to the last month and I really need a lot of help. Could ye please tell me what ye either predict or think is important to study for in the following subjects, thank you: English(H)..What poets and tips for writing Othello and comparison, Irish(O) poets? storys? essays? Maths(O)?? Chemistry.. Physics Biology...experiments and everything and French..listening and writing... all higher. Thank you I really need help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Poetry-wise, I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't Mahon, Larkin, Donne and one of the Boland or Rich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

I'd be extrememly surprised if Rich or Boland came up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Cost Boy!!

Definitly spend a good bit of time on organic, equilibrium, and all the titration experiments for chemistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

In Biology, I'd advise that you spend a bit of time of genetics, if you've got the head for it, as it is a relatively short chunk of the course, almost always comes up, and the crosses are fairly simple. The only 3 mechanisms you need learn (afaik) are DNA replication, DNA Profiling, and Protein Synthesis.

In Physics, it's well worth spending time going over the experiments: especially diagrams, precautions, and the graphs, as they will come up in Section A, and the understanding of the theory should carry over into Section B.
    Definitly spend a good bit of time on organic, equilibrium, and all the titration experiments for chemistry

+1, especially equilibrium, as it's practically a dead cert this year.

English is not my strong point :o ...however, our teacher tells us that every two lines of writing in the poetry, Othello and comparative should contain a quotation. Doesn't have to be long, even a word or two is enough. E.g. instead of saying:

"The character of Desdemona represents a woman of the 17th century who surpassed the norms of sexual morality set for Venetian women of that time."

write

"The character of "sweet" Desdemona represents a woman of the 17th century who surpassed the norms of sexual morality set for Venetian women of that time."

And in the comparative, I guess the most important thing to remember is that you shouldn't be comparing and contrasting the themes/issues of your texts, but rather how the themes/issues are brought across differently, or similarly, in the texts.

And, generally, DON'T PANIC.

Or else, do panic. Be overwhelmed by your workload/inadequacies/screwed-ness for the next month, and spend every spare second going over exam material. Then, you'll probably be pleasantly surprised when you come to actually sitting the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

the aurals are actually worth quite a valuable chunk, play the cd when your going to sleep / getting dressed / doing your hair / sitting in a daze / doing your nails etc. weird but equally worthwhile:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Why?

I dunno. I just think it'll be Plath this year, Rich next year, Boland 2010.

Also, since the new syllabus came into action, every single time Plath came up she was up the year after or the year before. :eek:

I don't think there'll be two female poets up this year. Maaaybe Plath and Boland. But I'd very very surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

But Plath came up last year, while this is Rich's first year on the course. And a poet has always come up every single time when it's his/her first year on the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

plath came up last year and as a female poet usually comes up these are pretty favourable

apart from that www.examinations.ie has exam paper solutions get ur papers n go through the solutions

ive been told to concentrate on ''honest''iago and othello as character

focus on organic question in chemistry they are worth 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 questions

in comparitve underline comparitive words it makes it easy for the examiner to give u marks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jager-bomber

Cost Boy!! wrote: »
    Definitly spend a good bit of time on organic, equilibrium, and all the titration experiments for chemistry.
    Quote:
    Definitly spend a good bit of time on organic, equilibrium, and all the titration experiments for chemistry
    +1, especially equilibrium, as it's practically a dead cert this year.
    When you say it's a dead cert what type of question do you think will come up on it? Do you know anything regarding pass Irish poets or storys? Thanks!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement