Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking between the white lines??

Options
  • 05-05-2008 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

It really annoys me, in a packed car park (or even a not so busy car park!) when cars are taking up two parking spaces .....

Is this cos the driver is such a bad driver that they cant park their cars between the white lines or is this cos some drivers think they are so special cos that they can take up 2 parking spaces?????

If you can't park straight between the two white lines you shouldn't be driving - what do other people thinkg????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

musicfan wrote: »
    It really annoys me, in a packed car park (or even a not so busy car park!) when cars are taking up two parking spaces .....

Is this cos the driver is such a bad driver that they cant park their cars between the white lines or is this cos some drivers think they are so special cos that they can take up 2 parking spaces?????

If you can't park straight between the two white lines you shouldn't be driving - what do other people thinkg????

Done to death already this weekend - see link above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

I really couldn't give a sh!t if the car park isn't busy to be honest. When it is busy its quite irritating but the chances are you'll find a space 30 seconds later so I really dont know why it annoys one so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

It used to annoy me, but i do it now sometimes...my reason for doing so is that when i got my new car last summer, it was 'dinged' in a carpark every other week.

That doesnt happen anymore.

I'd park in the corner on my own if possible. I still find, no matter how much out of the way i park, some punter will still park beside me, as close to my doors as possible. I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I park crossways over three spaces. That way, the dickheads only get to ding the bumpers. :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

esel wrote: »
    I park crossways over three spaces. That way, the dickheads only get to ding the bumpers. :D

:D Classic!

I shall have to give this a go next time I go to Dunnes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

This has been done to death a number of times it seems. Some people are just careless/sloppy/bad drivers...

Others, like some contributors to this board, are selfish, anally-retentive dry-****es who think their car is some sort of concours museum piece that needs to be maintained to unrealistic, obsessive levels of perfection.

Not the type of person you want to be caught next to at a party or in the pub;)...

For the record, my car spends it's life in various forms of car-park and I have never experienced anything like the catostrophic damage that some claim.

As you can see these prissy, tight-arsed types REALLY get under my skin:mad::o...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Are we going to have rants on this every week like there used to be with foglights? :D

Meh, even if it’s busy and even if people are needlessly taking up two spaces you were nearly always find a space way down the back in the corner.

People would almost slit each others throats to get a space by the door and save a walk of a few hundred metres. If you are prepared to walk, then you won’t have this problem.
    Nobody can stop your car getting damaged though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Sometimes i go to park the car, and realise that the person beside me is on the white line or over it. i have no choice but to leave the 2 feet distance, and i end up in another space, or on the white line. Ah well.

People who blatantly park in disabled spaces pisses me off a whole lot more. The complete ignorance and arrogance of these people is beyond me.

Advertisement