Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

foundations

• 05-05-2008 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

iv started building my house dug out the site the weekend builder marked out the foundations that evening i took a few measurements as its gonna be timberframe this stage is very important turns out all the external walls are 200mm to big this means the wall the builder will build will be a 100mm of the centre of the foundation is this a major issue? should i get it changed as there not poured yet or would the timberframe company change a few measurements:rolleyes:
    any help or advise would be great

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

jul wrote: »
    iv started building my house dug out the site the weekend builder marked out the foundations that evening i took a few measurements as its gonna be timberframe this stage is very important turns out all the external walls are 200mm to big this means the wall the builder will build will be a 100mm of the centre of the foundation is this a major issue? should i get it changed as there not poured yet or would the timberframe company change a few measurements:rolleyes:
    any help or advise would be great

have you ask the professional that is going to certify the structure???

because its their final call.....

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sham08

How wide are the foundations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

IMH no big deal to widen foundations now (lovely weather for it). Once concrete pored you're options are limited. Builder's error, he shouldn't be too upset to change it now. Might set good precedent for future building work ie. do it right or do it twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

snap . start as you mean to go on . don't even think of changing the frame .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jul

the foundations are a standard 900mm wide the digger is moved off site not so easy with a shovel:eek: the man that is signing off wont see it

• Advertisement

the foundations are a standard 900mm wide the digger is moved off site not so easy with a shovel:eek: the man that is signing off wont see it

what???? :eek::confused:

get rid of this charalatan then....... he gives proper professionals a bad rep...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Mini digger = €150 a day approx.
    Letting builder know you are an easy touch = €€€€€€€€€€ to builder.
    Why are you worrying about this. You havn't done anything wrong.

you are cheating YOURSELF with that thinking

.....i must have picked up the tone of the post differently...

is it a big deal? any professionals in here

• Advertisement

It is, if your frame doesn't fit!

At the very least double-check the measurements with the builder and the man signing off the build for you!

im talking about building it off the centre of the foundation so that it would fit the timber frame is that a big deal. would it have any affects later in the build cracks in walls floors etc

putting steel in them aswell should be ok

im talking about building it off the centre of the foundation so that it would fit the timber frame is that a big deal. would it have any affects later in the build cracks in walls floors etc

ask "the man who is signing it off " - if you have the integrity to be straight up with him and let him know the score

"SINNERBOY" its nothing got to do with integrity if ya dont know the answer thats ok. im weighing up my options its what some people do to come out with a good result time money hassle etc

Jul , nobody here is going "to know" . The building has to be known and understood in it's entireity for that .

Look for options by all means but to contemplate altering your timber frame -please don't entertain that .

"The hassle" belongs entirely to your groundworker - who , if i understand right - did you wrong . Put "the hassle" on him .

Read back through the thread - there is a consistency of advice contained therein .

And place trust on your certifying professional - let him know the story here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,324 ✭✭✭✭muffler

is it a big deal? any professionals in here
    Nope. Nothing but whores, tramps and peddlers ;)

Advertisement