Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a what the hell is this thread

Options
  • 05-05-2008 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

k so me and a few mates were walkin along the beach today and seen this "thing" in the sand. (pics below) and didn't know what it was but thought it was damn cool lookin anyway so we took pics. Anyone know what it is? It was about 6 inches long, about a dozen legs, very spiky although we didn't touch it and the green and yellow bits seemed to glimer/shine in the sun.

So just thought i'd put it up here and see if anyone knew it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

thats some sort of sea slug, we used get them commercial fishing all the time, its like a sea version of the hairy molly lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

I'm almost certain that is a polychaete worm (not a sea-slug) called a sea mouse or Aphrodita aculeata

smouse.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

nice one :) feckin hell for 22 years i've lived beside the sea and never seen one!

Advertisement