Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

telegram office

Options
  • 06-05-2008 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

A dog went to a telegram office, took out a blank form and wrote: "Woof. Woof. Woof. Woof. Woof. Woof. Woof. Woof. Woof." The clerk examined the paper and politely told the dog, "There are only nine words here. You could send another 'Woof' for the same price." The dog replied, "But that would make no sense at all!"

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Man I love this joke.

the story behind it is that it is allegedly a direct translation from a few years ago of a joke told in Flemish.

I tell a longer more embelished version of it

it goes like this

A Labrador walks into the telegram office in Bruge,

Picks up a docket and begins to write out a message, the dog then proceeds up to the counter, places the docket and a ten euro note on the counter, looks up at the Clerk and says

'I'd like to send this message to my Friend the Great Dane in the Stockholm office, he'll be waiting there for this message.'

clerk is a little take aback by this request from a talkin Labrador, but he has the correct forms filled ou,t he knows his recipient location and he has the money.

so the clerk thinks fine, I'll humor him.

clerk looks at the message and it reads

Woof, woof woof. woof woof WOOF woof, woof.

as the clerk examines the message she notices that there are only nine woofs. so the clerk looks down at the dog and says

'hey theres only nine woofs here, for the same price you could send ten.

the labrador looks up and says,

'yeah I could but it wouldnt make any fvckin sense tho would it!'

Advertisement