Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EFP European Firearms Pass how to get

Options
  • 06-05-2008 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Currently in process of importing Air Pistol (previous thread). Thinking that as I am in this mode maybe I should also apply for EFP. Believe it lasts a number of years(?) so if I decide to travel will have this sorted. What is the process, requirements, & costs ? Supprisingly could not find any Irish info on EFP out there (google)!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Contact your local FAO and ask for one. You're entitled to one (for free) if you have a firearms cert. You'll need to supply a passport photo or two.

The laws covering is are:

S.I. No. 362/1993 — European Communities (Acquisition and Possession of Weapons and Ammunition) Regulations, 1993

and

Council Directive 91/477/EEC of 18 June 1991 on control of the acquisition and possession of weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

You'll need two passport photographs anyway. Local sergeant did my paperwork for me, is sending it on tomorrow, should hopefully hear back about both it and my article 7 by the end of the week. Hopefully hear about my ammo limit increase as well. (They're not going to like the weight of paperwork I've dropped on them all at once. :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Good information here, can this be stickied?
    Maybe there should be a sticky with all the relevant legislation links in it?

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Maybe there should be a sticky with all the relevant legislation links in it?

I have been working on making a list of legislation with comments saying roughly what each bit covers. It's coming along nicely and should be ready in a couple of weeks or so. I'll post a link here when it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Is a E.F.P all you need if you're going up north?
    Cheers.

• Advertisement

boc121 wrote: »
    Is a E.F.P all you need if you're going up north?
    Cheers.

No, you also need a visitors permit. To get one of those you need a sponsor in the north. They fill in a form and submit it on your behalf.

If you're visiting a club for a competition or a firearms dealer, they're the ones to ask to be your sponsor. Odds are they've done it before and know the score.

The PSNI have more info on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

You need the original of your European Firearms Pass and a copy of your Irish Firearms License at apply for a PSNI permit.

You also need the sponsor to put it forward for you.

B'Man

Advertisement