Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a van to transport bike

Options
  • 06-05-2008 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if a time trial bike would comfortably fit standing upright into a Ford Transit Connect? or is there any other similar vehicle people could recommend?
    Thinking of buying and my main concern is to be able to drive to races without having to put bike on car rack on back of car. Don't want to get a big van so anything similar in size to Transit Connect is what I'm after.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

From looking at photos of the Transit Connect and limited experience of sticking bikes in the back of a commercial SUV that would surely be smaller, I would imagine that yes, it would fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭ob

Probably wouldn't be long enough, but by turning the front wheel or having it diagonal it should fit.

Advertisement