Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for info on past results

Options
  • 06-05-2008 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

Firstly if your doin your leaving now get back to work. You shouldn't be concerned with this now.

Can anyone point me in the direction of info containing things like average results, top results, numbers of people who got what scores over the past ten years or more. Or any info relating to leaving results. Thanks. Graphs or tables most welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

https://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=pr&sc=pc

try this.its probably your best option.this is the page for the press office of the State Examinations Commission.im sure they'll be able to provide you with any relevant info

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

If you are trying to work out the probability of what result you going to get, the LC is fitted to the bell curve.

But if you really want to know, The Irish Times brings out a supplement on the day of the results. You should be able to get this from your local library

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

https://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=st&sc=r7 - statistics for the last few years

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Check the Chief Examiner's report for each subject.
    Even if there is not a report recently for the subject(s) you are interested in, the percentages do not vary substantially year to year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

DanGerMus wrote: »
    Firstly if your doin your leaving now get back to work.

Who do you think you are, my year head? Ive just endured, endured mind, a six hour engineering practical and im taking the night off as a well deserved break. There are other people on boards to who are on the p.c. as a break from study etc. So dont even try to tell us what and what not to do. That is not your right. We decide what we do, not you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

turgon wrote: »
    Ive just endured, endured mind, a six hour engineering practical and im taking the night off as a well deserved break.

How'd it go? What ya have to do for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

turgon wrote: »
    Who do you think you are, my year head? Ive just endured, endured mind, a six hour engineering practical and im taking the night off as a well deserved break. There are other people on boards to who are on the p.c. as a break from study etc. So dont even try to tell us what and what not to do. That is not your right. We decide what we do, not you.

Lol. Stress getting to ye a bit, it was meant in jest. Relax i'm sure you deserve it. Or not i would never really presume to tell you what to do. :)

I did my leaving 8 years ago. With all the talk of dropping maths and sciences scores and the like i was just interested to see some actual trends over the past few years also wanted to know if the average points are going up or down accross the board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

DanGerMus wrote: »
    Lol. Stress getting to ye a bit, it was meant in jest. Relax i'm sure you deserve it. Or not i would never really presume to tell you what to do.

I will forgive you on account of the witty response!!!

For the practical we had to just make five pieces. Was quite easy really, but im personally not complaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

https://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=st&sc=r7 - statistics for the last few years

And this might also help:
    http://www.education.ie/home/home.jsp?pcategory=17216&ecategory=17325&language=EN
    The Department's annual statistical reports, which are available at that link, contain some exam data additional to that available at the State Exams Commission's website.

For example, you might be interested in comparing table 5.2 in the 05/06 report to the corresponding tables in older reports.

Advertisement