Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did you ever smash something in temper and regret it later?

• 06-05-2008 3:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I hopped my Nokia N91 off the ground the other day because it kept on freezing and coming up with stupid errors. It is now totally fu&*ked :mad:

What have you smashed. 124 votes

Laptop Computer / PC / Printer / Keyboard
    0% 0 votes
    Game Consul / Nintendo Gameboy/ Wii Etc/ PS2
    13% 17 votes
    Mobile Phone.
    8% 11 votes
    Fax machine.
    24% 30 votes
    Window
    1% 2 votes
    Sat nav
    8% 10 votes
    Alarm Clock
    1% 2 votes
    Musical Instrument.
    7% 9 votes
    Other
    4% 6 votes
    Atari Jaguar (Literally)
    29% 37 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

i bit my game boy when i was younger, cant remember if it was a hard platform game,or something pokemon related....probably pokemon.
    it was a hard trip becoming a master :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

my phone too. :mad: then :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Put my fist through a window in my house recently when I was wasted and angry

I regretted it about five minutes later when my dad was pulling lumps of glass and skin out of my hand and then poured a bottle of disinfectant over it, stung like a bastid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

I hopped my Nokia N91 off the ground the other day because it kept on freezing and coming up with stupid errors. It is now totally fu&*ked :mad:

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

The amount of phones i did that with!!!

Threw a toaster at my ex!

The remote at my current fiance!

A million cushions too but they dont count!

My sister ripped the dvd player outta the tv and ****ed it at her bf of 2 years (at the time) and it hopped off his head and knocked him out(was funny at the time)

But now hes her husband of 5 years (and father of her 1 year old girl) its not that funny...

well they are together 10 years so to me its funny lol :):eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Yeah, but she knows i love her anyway... plus she knows what'd happen if she ever told anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I shot a PC once. It was broken, but I later remembered that many bits could have been salvaged so regretted it.

kowloon wrote: »
    I shot a PC once. .

im gonna need more info :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Me mate was doing a clutch on a Renault 5 for a customer (Any mechanics nightmare) After spending a whole day fitting it the thing wouldn't select into gear. He threw a hammer through the windscreen. He had to pay for that too :eek:

im gonna need more info :D:D:D:D

I moved it outside first (via a window) and finished the bastard off with the shotgun. :D

I moved it outside first (via a window) and finished the bastard off with the shotgun. :D

phew!!!!!!!!:o

• Advertisement

Yes, The Police Constable shooting incident was a long time ago and something I'd rather put behind me ;)

Yes, The Police Constable shooting incident was a long time ago and something I'd rather put behind me ;)

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

But now hes her husband of 5 years (and father of her 1 year old girl) its not that funny...

well they are together 10 years so to me its funny lol :):eek::eek:
    Just out of interest, what will they tell the child?

Cally: Mommy, Daddy, how was I maded?

Your sister: Well mommey and daddey were watching Star Trek, and they saw how Klingons mated, and well, one thing led to another....

Cally: Mommy, Daddy, how was I maded?

Your sister: Well mommey and daddey were watching Star Trek, and they saw how Klingons mated, and well, one thing led to another....

i dont get it! :confused: Then again im not a geek :D

And her names Ellie not Cally, who would call their child cally? Ew!!

Ps Ellies short for Elaine before i get any "Ew who would call there child ellie" posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

Haha the best story I heard before the above one was of my friend's dad not knowing how to use his mobile so it threw it out the car window and reversed over it.

I threw my phone on the ground twice once. Was fine the first time, smashed into pieces the second time. I'm ashamed to say it was quite some time after before I realised that the fella I was angry with wasn't worth it.

Another time, encouraged by a few friends who saw I had issues, I smashed a trolley under a bridge. That was fun.

Never threw something at someone though! :eek:

Oh wait, actually one time I threw a dictionary at my dad and he threw a mug of hot coffee over me. Well that showed me :o

Haha the best story I heard before the above one was of my friend's dad not knowing how to use his mobile so it threw it out the car window and reversed over it.

I threw my phone on the ground twice once. Was fine the first time, smashed into pieces the second time. I'm ashamed to say it was quite some time after before I realised that the fella I was angry with wasn't worth it.

Another time, encouraged by a few friends who saw I had issues, I smashed a trolley under a bridge. That was fun.

Never threw something at someone though! :eek:

Oh wait, actually one time I threw a dictionary at my dad and he threw a mug of hot coffee over me. Well that showed me :o

Lar????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

Lar????????????

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Yep, did the mobile smashing thing aswell, the phone was acting up, I was drunk, smashed the phone off the road and battery,sim card etc scattered everywhere :)
    It's now lying in a field lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I made bits of a few Lexmark printers (see Office Space :)) in my time but never smashed anything with any regrets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I smashed by new pteradactyl toy. That thing was awesome the wings were all multi-pieced and there was kung-fu flap... completely into pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

once wrecked a Jag and a 7 Series in the same afternoon, regretted the 7 series later.

there was this aul Fella lived near us when we were kids and he used to keep chickens in old cars, anyway, he bought these 2 cars to expand his chicken coops, we spotted that they were both runnin so we asked if we could have a bit of fun with them before he parked them up and let them rot.

the Jag was beyond repait, but the BMW could have been salvaged into something quite presentable at the time - well it could have before we started racing.

we raced them around the fields all afternoon until eventualy we fvcked the Jag beyond repair. the BMW could still be turned over last time we checked about 6 months later, tho at that stage it was a full fledged chicken coop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Smashed a pint glass on my forehead during a drunken arguement with the "better" half - she was going on and on and wouldnt shut up - i felt like slapping my head because of brain numbness or banging my head off the wall!! I opted for the slapping my forehead and the glass happened to be in my hand at the time - not good, 12 hours in Beaumont and 4 stitches later, theres a small scar to show my war wound!!
    Also when playing pool in my mates house, i missed a pretty easy shot and i felt like breaking the cue, and did the motions to break it over my knee but stopped short of doing it, redfaced, grrrrrrrrrrrin! - one of the girls piped up - "you wouldnt have done it" - "YEAH i would", i replied - "doubt it!!!!" At this stage the cue was across my shoulders with my arms hanging on each end - SNAP across by shoulder, followed by each half of the cue halved again over my knee and then the fecked out the window!!!! "Ehhhh that was my cue", is all i heard as the splinters flew out the window - mates fav cue in pieces - £90 for the replacement at the time!!
    I've calmed down a little since those youthful days :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Phones, watches. The usual.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

SDOOM SMASH!!!

Seriously thought I haven't smashed anything really as an adult. Working (and playing in the case of music) with sensitive electronic equipment quickly makes you respect the limits of physical objects.

So there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The closest thing to me when I was losing at Pro Evo one time was a kind of connection cable, so I smashed that (accidentally) off the window ledge. It wasn't important anyway.

I also punched a hole in the (hollow) wall in my old bedroom.

I also punched a hole in the kitchen door.

I was a silly billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

The wifes head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

caoibhin wrote: »
    The wifes head.

But did ye regret it, really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Never smashed anything myself but this thread reminds me of a lad who i use to play xbox live with. He smashed his xbox (original. Not 360) with a hammer after getting pissed off at a game. He claimed of his home insurance the next day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Was fighting with my brother and I forget what lead up to it, but he wrecked something of mine, so I picked this up: http://www.czaszabawy.pl/photo/product_info/6/a/c/1_6acc56dcd422.jpg which he spent AGES building back in the day, and just smashed the whole thing off the floor, he then proceeded to go into my room and empty my shelves onto the ground. I think we then both started bawling crying :p

I also cracked one of these off his head, great shot, went all over him :D

I also smashed this really valuable Waterford crystal vase when I was a toddler, but that doesn't count!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Doors, cupboards, walls, mugs, plates ..... I dont need to go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

A friend of mine lets call him ian is forever doing stupid things while annoyed his last one was he got off the phone from his missus and was annoyed so threw his phone at the wall hit a lamp someone who was dead had given to his missus, so he picked up his phone again and threw it once more in anger this time it hit the wall and smashed so he kicked the wall finally breaking his foot.

Oh how I laughed at his pain :D:cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Smashed my gameboy many many years ago when I couldn't pass a level :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yep, I do this all the time.

Tons of electronic crap has been smashed to pieces because I'd get pissed off at it, Game controllers, gameboys, walkmans, mp3 players, remote controls, keyboards, etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I have self-control, so I can't remember any smashing incident I've ever had. But there are plenty of incidents from childhood. A house of four brothers, there was inevitably a lot of fights. When one person lost their temper during a fight (as would inevitably happen), protocal dictated that the other person lock themselves in a toilet till it all calmed down.

One particular time, brother A lost his temper and brother B locked himself in the toilet. So brother A runs upstairs to brother B's bedroom, grabs a guitar and smashes it, rock n' roll style, on the ground. Delighted with his handiwork, he summons brother B out of the toilet. Brother B then points out that he had in fact borrowed brother A's (identical) guitar that morning, and brother B's guitar was sitting downstairs, unsmashed. Cue much laughing from brother B and a quick trip to be locked in the toilet again.

I keep my temper under wraps because I like my behaviour when it gets the better of me.
    I think ramming the family car into our house until I calmed down. Was probably the worst tantrum I ever had.
    In fairness I was a hormonal teenager at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Tunnel B1 disc for PS1. Frisbeed for a while with a friend. No regrets.

Another coincidentally frisbee related one was when the same friend and I were rambling through some muddy fields near a building site (ah to be 12 again). We found a hubcap and had a contest to see who could throw it further. I went first. The wind whipped it up and it hit a builder's car as he was leaving work. No damage that I could see. His car was a junker already and I think he knew there was no way I could have done it on purpose so he let it slide. There were no more hubcap frisbee shenanigans that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

An old joystick for my Commodore Amiga.

Some phones as well. Mostly Siemens phones which are annoying as f**k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Remember way back when was playing transformers with friends in the front garden which was paved concrete, one of the lads said he'd let me play with his megatron if i gave him my galvatron so i went to get it but when i came out he had given the megatron to someone else to play with, i got so angry i smashed my galvatron off the ground. Not quite smidireens but i think an arm and a leg were off either way he was FUBAR went completely mental when i realised what i had done and started screamin and crying freakin out. that must be 20 years ago and i still remember and regret it very clearly.

I still get extremely pissed off when i make plans to do something in a particular way or lay out the way i'm going to do it or organise something and someone changes it without including/consulting me. I just channel the energy better now and smash them instead of feckin up my stuff. :D

I think i may have mild OCD cos i really really like things done my way and even though other ways will do i get damn frustrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

ye probobly wont beleive me but iv smashed myself through (just let me count) 8 phones in the last year and a half!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

no

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I once smashed a Sega Megadrive joypad off the ground. Not done it since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Lots when I was a child, but nothing much in recent years.

Last one was a mobile phone thrown at a wall during a bout of nicotine withdrawal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Ha ha the thread of my life.

Well I do this all the time, my hand has just healed after I broke it and had to pick plastic out of it when I punched through my laptops screen.

I get angry alot.

I never have a phone, I must have smashed dozens, many broken hi-fi's, games controllers, walls whatever I've broken it.

Its a pretty big problem and I'd say its due to stress, that and I hate my father.

Oh well.

I'll get help eventually...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Managed to throw a snooker ball through the door of the washing machine when i was a child. Don't ask me how, cos i don't know! Can't remember it at all but am reminded from time to time when having reminiscent chats with the folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I keep my temper under wraps because I like my behaviour when it gets the better of me.
    I think ramming the family car into our house until I calmed down. Was probably the worst tantrum I ever had.
    In fairness I was a hormonal teenager at the time.

So, did you ram the car into the house, reverse and then ram again? Hope whatever got you into a tantrum was worse than being grounded or something, although I'd find it hard to find what your parents could do that would have someone simultaneously smash together the two most expensive things people own.

astrofool wrote: »
    So, did you ram the car into the house, reverse and then ram again? Hope whatever got you into a tantrum was worse than being grounded or something, although I'd find it hard to find what your parents could do that would have someone simultaneously smash together the two most expensive things people own.

I did say I was a teenage redhead.
    My dad was taking his time coming out to drive me somewhere.
    He got into the car and said nothing.
    I didn't actually damage the house, I didn't have much of a run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

When I was a kid I flung one of those "unbreakable" watches at the wall in anger. The screen promptly cracked and filled with black and couldn't have been arsed getting it fixed.

Have broken 1 computer mouse thanks to poker.

I've flung plenty about in anger but most are small and unbreakable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

A table, I was 7.....

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭professorpete

Motosam wrote: »
    Ha ha the thread of my life.

Well I do this all the time, my hand has just healed after I broke it and had to pick plastic out of it when I punched through my laptops screen.

I get angry alot.

I never have a phone, I must have smashed dozens, many broken hi-fi's, games controllers, walls whatever I've broken it.

Its a pretty big problem and I'd say its due to stress, that and I hate my father.

Oh well.

I'll get help eventually...

No way this dude is me a few years ago!! it's due to stress, hate my whoever, yada yada... I'm an a$$hole....

Yeah I broke my hand punching the wall while arguing with my girlfriend, actually smashed it.. I very nearly lost the girl I love over that... also I play drums, and am very, very lucky that I can still play.... regretted it? oh yes...got help? definitely!!! actually I should be thinking of renewing my subscription to anger management classes as I wound up in the hospital again recently with a suspected broken foot after taking to the hoover with great gusto!!!

smashed phones, remote controls, doors cracking off the hinges.... the most recent and regrettable one since the hand breaking was while chucking the remote in a rage - it landed on herself's vintage retro antique lamp, given to her by someone special... smashed idir smidirini....

none since then.. it's not worth it, especially when you wreck someone else's stuff... or your own person.....or when you're that angry and someone else is around...it gets dangerous...

happy smashing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Managed to throw a snooker ball through the door of the washing machine when i was a child. Don't ask me how, cos i don't know! Can't remember it at all but am reminded from time to time when having reminiscent chats with the folks.

That reminds me, I've snapped quite a few pool cues over the last couple of years. We have a pool table in the house and whenever I'm in a bad mood I play to relax, but occasionally it just p!sses me off more when I miss shots and I've snapped five or six cues by smashing them across the table in frustration in stupid executioner-beheading-a-prisoner style strokes :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement