Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did you ever smash something in temper and regret it later?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

orestes wrote: »
    That reminds me, I've snapped quite a few pool cues over the last couple of years. We have a pool table in the house and whenever I'm in a bad mood I play to relax, but occasionally it just p!sses me off more when I miss shots and I've snapped five or six cues by smashing them across the table in frustration in stupid executioner-beheading-a-prisoner style strokes :o

Heh that reminds me, my cousin annoyed me so much one time playing pool that I whacked him on the head with the cue. Broke it in half too! He cried, I was eight, he was 14.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

I was about ten when a friend dropped one of those heavy cast iron 'gully' covers onto my foot. He started to run away, so I picked up the closest rock and fired it at him. Landed right on his noggin and he had to go to hospital for a couple of stiches. The next day we were mates again and went out looking for the rock with the blood on it! I remember having a good laugh at the bald spot on his head where the stiches were.

Same fella was annoying me one day in school so I tripped him as he was running by, and he broke his coller bone. Oops! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Smashed a door once and a Packard Bell pc. Never actually completely broken a phone but not for a lack of trying. Thrown a few things at people as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

No way this dude is me a few years ago!! it's due to stress, hate my whoever, yada yada... I'm an a$$hole....

Yeah I broke my hand punching the wall while arguing with my girlfriend, actually smashed it.. I very nearly lost the girl I love over that... also I play drums, and am very, very lucky that I can still play.... regretted it? oh yes...got help? definitely!!! actually I should be thinking of renewing my subscription to anger management classes as I wound up in the hospital again recently with a suspected broken foot after taking to the hoover with great gusto!!!

smashed phones, remote controls, doors cracking off the hinges.... the most recent and regrettable one since the hand breaking was while chucking the remote in a rage - it landed on herself's vintage retro antique lamp, given to her by someone special... smashed idir smidirini....

none since then.. it's not worth it, especially when you wreck someone else's stuff... or your own person.....or when you're that angry and someone else is around...it gets dangerous...

happy smashing!!!

Well I'm not an asshole, I only break things that affect me, never others stuff.

And yes my father was crap, I dont think I should be ashamed of that.

Now I'll start to agree with you, I think its due to stress, I've taken a year out and all, just to calm down.
    I do worry though I will end up the same again with the stress of going back to college (no its not a dossers course, yes I have to foot the bill myself) and end up taking another year.

Hopefully whatever help I get will keep me calm and teach me a few ways to deal with this crap, other than going ape sh1t :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

never smashed anything in anger/frustration/teenage angst etc etc etc

self-control ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i broke my little brothers arm in a temper when we were kids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Poker is awesome for this. I've smacked a key board off the wall a few times. Thankfully I've never broken anything beyond repair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I broke 2 bones in my hand last year when my boss was talking when i didnt want to listen.

I punched the concrete wall.

It stung a little.

In a cast for 2 months.

Felt like a right bollox.

He never bothered me agai though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

snapped a laptop in half because it was dropping its connection all the time, wasn't cheap either bought it for 1000 sold it broken for 80 :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

out of frustration I put a hole in the wall playing Gears of War and couldnt get passed a certain point.

Was great fun covering that in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Know, when I lose it I still know my limit, I generally let it out verbally.

Christ sometimes it would feel so good to smash something, damn old sensible me

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

jeez where to start..

Phones, cups, glasses, windows, more phones, PCs and even threw a TV from a 3rd floor window.. all for fun, only one phone in anger, the others were old..

The the TV was from a building that was being renovated, there was this old TV there and rather than lug it down 3 stories, I opened the window and threw it out.. the 2 mates in the place with me sat there stunned, completely unaware that a skip has just being dropped off and the TV flew straight into it.. :D

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭JavaBear

Uh.. a plaster wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

Normally remotes used to feel the brunt of my anger!

Smashed the video/tv remote to pieces once but was able to put it back to together, and it worked!

Another time playing my PS2 I threw the controller to the floor. Not content with that, I proceeded to smash it and break it apart. God I was dumb! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Back in the early 80ies I threw a lump hammer at a workshop radio and smashed it because a certain track from Barry Manilow was played once too often. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

i told her she wouldnt see me for a week if she didnt do as she was told..

..she didnt do as she was told..

..she didnt see me the first day, she didnt see me the next day, or the day after that.....

in fact it was actually about eight days before her bruised eyes actually opened........:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Smashed my phone while watching a football match on the telly a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 emma peel

I've thrown a couple of phones and managed to piece them back together. A few dishes and clothes and books have hit the wall, but not for a long time. My most spectacular fit of temper was throwing a crap laptop I'd been travelling with for 5 long years out of a hotel window into a dumpster below. It felt fantastic. I've never regretted any of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

when i was about 17 i got in a big argument with my folks, and my mom accidently knocked my laptop off a table a destroyed the HD - so being the typical stroppy teenager i thought well if you're gonna feck up my stuff i'm gonna break the TV. so in a perfectly reasonble response i threw my phone at it. Phone bounced off the TV and smashed to bits with not a scratch on the tv.

although i had wanted a new phone and couldnt justify it to myself. a week later i had a brand new phone and a brand new laptop - happy days!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I once put my fist through a plasterboard wall in my old bedroom in the parentals house. The wall then had a fairly large hole and a big crack going up towards the ceiling. I then covered it up for years with a huge poster.

I did regret it later when I forgot it was there and took the poster down while I was getting ready to move a load of gear out. My old man was fairly pissed off when he saw it. I felt bad, but just roffled and offered to have it fixed for him. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Just threw a 360 controller against the wall there. Nice dent in the wall and a broken controller :(

And yes I regret it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There's 3 fist sized holes in my sitting room wall, the oven door got smashed to bits and I've had to replace the bed. Only the holes in the wall where done out of anger though the other two where drunken accidents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I threw my phone off the wall when arsenal took the lead against the pool in the champions league (I am an arsenal fan) only for liverpool to score straight after, so I picked up the telly and sky remotes and flung em as hard as i could at the porch door.

That was a particulary tough night:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Punched The Top of my PS2 a week after getting GTA San Andreas, as i failed the same mission about 20 times in a row.
    Scratched the hell outta the disk and broke the laser, Brought the disk back to the shop though. The face of the guy as he looked at all the square indents in the disk. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

....mirror.....in temper....thrown against wall....kersmash etc

I was 11 though...

I don't know if that makes it better :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Just an alarm clock I ****ed out the window one morning:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I took an angle grinder first and then a cutting torch to a customers truck when i couldn't get to the last 2 bolts in a gear box.
    Was fit to burst at the time.. all them sparks was a great release...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭funkycat83

smashed a plenty and sent many things through the air in annoyance and rage! dont regret any of it! even the time i threw a knife down on the table and it bounced unexpectedly! and narrowly missed said-person-pissing-me-off's face! talk about a close one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I go through a printer about once a year. When an consistant error appears or the paper gets jammed regularly it gets a thump :D

Advertisement