Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sending E-mails Automatically

• 06-05-2008 4:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

As hard as this is to believe, I do not wish to spam people.

I work for a company where I need to send out a bunch of e-mails at a certain date and time. The only trouble is I'll be in mid air or travelling in the Middle East where there's no internet connection.

I just want to queue them up and have it set to send at a certain date.

Is this possible at all?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Are you using outlook? If so this might work: http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/tips/schedule-emails.html

or theres a plugin that'll do it for later versions http://www.office-addins.com/-outlook-addins/email-scheduler.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Looks like you can with MS Outlook.
    In Microsoft Outlook, to enable delay sending of emails at a specified time and date later than current time, or postponing the delivery date and time, use following steps:

1. In the Message window (where you type your email content), click the Options button. Alternatively, click on View -> Options.
    2. In the Message Options dialog window, select and tick the “Do Not Deliver Before” check box, under the Delivery Options. Then choose the desired send date and time to deliver the email by using the calendar and time drop down list.
    3. Click Close and then click OK.

I also use Send Later extension for Thunderbird that seems to work fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Fruit1985

No, I use gmail. I've seen a few web based services that do it but I'll have to set up a new e-mail address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Fruit1985

but you need to be logged into thunderbird right? I want them to send without being logged in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

What you could do is run a mailer script on a machine back at your office that sends out the mails as you. All you need do is point it at a capable SMTP server in your office (and allow the sending machine relay access within your SMTP access list). This script can then be scheduled to run at any particular time and any number of times.

I've set up similar mails to run on job completion/failure etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement