Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLEASE HELP, I am looking for my dogs breeder. I am from the USA and NEED HELP!

Options
  • 06-05-2008 6:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi my name is Edward Paek. In the past I had purchased a Jack Russell Terrier that was imported from Ireland. I have been trying to find the original breeders/importers for the past two years and have had no luck. Could you please help? I love my dog and would like to get a JRT from the same line. I would do anything for a bit of information to help me find his relatives!

I received my dog in 1999 from a farm in central Florida here in the United States. The farm had held both horses and jacks. It was here that I found that the owners were importing these beautiful Jack Russells from Ireland. Supposedly, from a relative in your country. The information that I have does not help me locate the people I found in Florida, but may help me find the breeders there in Ireland. I will list what I can: Jack of Galway was mated to Magie. These two had Teasy Geogregan, Lisna Ganchy, Malach Dolan, and Magpie. There are three more generations of dogs that eventually led to mine, named Castle Heights by the breeders. If needed, I can fill in the missing information. I just wanted to give a brief outline of the family tree. My dog was born on April-14-1998. The address for the breeder is Dunsandle Use, Aju Enry lo Galway. IRL. The form that I have for the Pedigree is signed by am Olive Dempsey.

i do also know that immunizations and clearance for export to the USA was cleared be Patrick J. Murphy M.V.B. M.R.C.V.S. from Lakeside Veterinary Centre. Barrack Street, Loughrea. CO. Galway. Ph:(091) 41392.

I have not tried calling the Doctor yet, but will be in the near future. Before I do this, I wanted to see if any of you may know of this breeder that I am looking for.

Please, if any of this sounds familiar, or you know of anyone that may know of this information, could you please forward this along? Any help would very much be appreciated. I have searched long and hard and feel so close to finding where my dog has come from.

Thanks

Ed Paek
    edpaek@yahoo.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Your best bet could be the vets was the dog registered with the Irish Kennel Club http://www.ikc.ie/ There are lots of jack russels in rescues in Ireland also some are crosses some are pure bred http://www.irishanimals.ie/terriers_homes.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

edpaek wrote: »
    The address for the breeder is Dunsandle Use, Aju Enry lo Galway. IRL. The form that I have for the Pedigree is signed by am Olive Dempsey.

I think that address should be

Dunsandle House,
    Athenry
    Co. Galway

if so, then it seems that these are the people you're looking for:

http://www.jackrussellsireland.com/about_us.html

The "About Us" page states that they live on the grounds of the ruined Dunsandle House in Co. Galway - which is near the town of Athenry. The family name also appears to be Dempsey, and the contact person's first name is Olive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 edpaek

lol, I just found that info/website a few hours ago as well!!! I think this may be the breeder. I went ahead and sent an email. I will also call them tomorrow at a decent time. I don't wanna wake them up at 1AM!!!

By the way, another person from another forum has indicated something shady about this individual. Does anyone know the history behind this breeder? My dog is a great dog, there's little to complain about. I am just wondering if what I heard of this breeder is true. Does anyone know of anything negative about this breeder?

THANKS EVERYONE!!! You've all been a great help!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Overdraft

another person from another forum has indicated something shady about this individual.

Yikes - libel alert!

Overdraft wrote: »
    Yikes - libel alert!

LOL, I won't post the name of the person nor the story I was told. I just wanna confirm what I have heard.

The only reason I want to know of the history of the breeder is because I have been searching for over two years on the whereabouts of my dog's breeders. I would very much like to get another Jack Russell in the near future, but would love to get one from his family line. So... I just need to know if the breeder that I received my dog from is a legitimate breeder with no negative history.

Please, I promise I won't ruin anyone's lives! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

A breeder that has an "order form" on their website and includes "shipping" to a convenient airport in the price?

Legitimate? ...maybe

Ethical? ...hmmmmmmmm

Proper breeding? ...with an order form like that?

Do yourself (and some poor dog) a favour and pick some lovely little scoundrel from your nearest dog pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I would suggest that you take the information that you have and contact one of the breed clubs and check out your breeder. http://www.ikc.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=17&Itemid=32 The jack russell terrier club of Ireland details are there. If your dog is IKC registered then you must check with them to ensure that it's true and then I'd also check with some of their recommended breeders to see if they've heard of your breeder. http://www.ikc.ie/index.php

I would suggest that you are very cautious and really do your homework before getting another dog as I have seen who advised you on that other forum and I would trust them 100%.

Frankly I think you should source a jacker in your own country. When people are buying a dog here we advise them to meet the breeder, check out the pup a few times, check the parents, where they're being kept, have them checked with a vet within 48hrs, etc. All the way over there you could be told anything and buy anything. We have enough problems with poorly produced dogs and backyard breeders without trying to encourage this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I know nothing about the breeder, I just felt like doing some detective work at 1.30 am and found the website based on a guess on the address.

Personally, I wouldn't order a dog over the Internet and have it shipped all the way across the Atlantic, no matter how upright the breeders were. I'm sure here's plenty of Jack Russells in the US near to you to choose from and I don't think the family line is important enough to put a pup through that unnecessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh My God, I just looked at that website now. How disgusting! I could never imagine any one I know just shipping a pup off to someone they have never met, never mind someone who just fills in an online form!

OP I'm delighted you have a dog you love so much as to try get another from the same line, but really, the temperment of your dog has very little to do with the line and everything to do with how you trained him/her. Please consider taking a jack from a local animal shelter or pound. It would be much kinder, you're doing a great thing and you can spend the money which you would have spent on shipping, on spoiling your dog and the new arrival! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Seems a lot of money and trouble to go to for a pet jrt from alll across the water, in general jrts are a lovely lively dog with great personalities wether they are from a breeder of found dumped in the streets. They are a great all round dog if brought up right.

Know nothing about that breeder so can't say one way or the other, rescue dogs get sent abroad to new homes that have been home checked but I belive someone travels with them?

Only thing that would bother me about any breeder is if they say they have an unlimited supply of pups, it either means they have a large number or females that are given a rest between litters (which is fine if all are wel looked after) or they breed a few dogs non stop.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for the concerns. The reason why I want to know the background and history of the breeder is so I can see where my dog has come from. I do not know if this breeder is reputable. I got my dog ten years ago under the assumption that he came from a proper breeder.

Also, I cannot find breeder in the US that I had originally gotten my dog from. I lost all contact information with the farm that I had visited. And since it has been ten years, the people that had lived there had moved somewhere north. At this point, with the research I have done here, I have found that they have moved to Michigan. I've emailed people in Michigan, and have found no luck in finding my breeder. Therefore, I am trying to find the breeder in Ireland that had shipped dogs over to the US so I can obtain the information I need to contact the person I had received my dog from here in the States. I am really hoping that they will have contact information for me so I can find the people I am looking for in the US.

Plus, these stories I had received from an individual on another forum scare me. I need to know if these stories are true. I would very much like to know the "real" history of my dog.

Again, Thanks everyone for the notes and concerns,

Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

Hi Ed and welcome to the boards.

Being honest I would be very dubious about buying from a breeder who has an online order form and ships puppys internationally.

Jack Russells are very common dogs here, they're a real live wire of a doggie and as we have such a huge over population of doggies of all types here Jackie's are no stranger to finding themselves in pounds and shelters across the country looking for a home before their time runs out.

As someone has mentioned if you are looking specifically for a Jack Rusell why not sponsor one of the ones looking for a home who might otherwise not get one. I know quite a few rescue Jacksters and they are all FABULOUS dogs.

Hope you don't mind but I've taken the liberty of including some websites for you to look at:

http://www.irishanimals.com/terriers_homes.html
    and
    www.limerickanimalwelfare.com

(I can answer any query you might have on any dogs on the Limerick Animal Welfare page)

ANd best of luck with your search whatever you decide to do! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I honestly can't see why you would want to import a terrier from Ireland to the USA. The breed is doing well in the States so why not get one there? Sorry, but I just don't get the need to have a dog from the same line as your last dog.

I honestly can't see why you would want to import a terrier from Ireland to the USA. The breed is doing well in the States so why not get one there? Sorry, but I just don't get the need to have a dog from the same line as your last dog.

Again... I am not trying to import the dog. He has already been imported ten years ago. I found him at a farm near where I was living. I was not looking specifically for an imported dog at the time.

If you read above you will see that I am only looking for the contact information for the people in the states.

Please, why are people bashing me for something I didn't do. I just want to find the breeders that have the dog here in the States.

~Thalia~ wrote: »
    Hi Ed and welcome to the boards.

Being honest I would be very dubious about buying from a breeder who has an online order form and ships puppys internationally.

Jack Russells are very common dogs here, they're a real live wire of a doggie and as we have such a huge over population of doggies of all types here Jackie's are no stranger to finding themselves in pounds and shelters across the country looking for a home before their time runs out.

As someone has mentioned if you are looking specifically for a Jack Rusell why not sponsor one of the ones looking for a home who might otherwise not get one. I know quite a few rescue Jacksters and they are all FABULOUS dogs.

Hope you don't mind but I've taken the liberty of including some websites for you to look at:

http://www.irishanimals.com/terriers_homes.html
    and
    www.limerickanimalwelfare.com

(I can answer any query you might have on any dogs on the Limerick Animal Welfare page)

ANd best of luck with your search whatever you decide to do! :pac:

Thanks, I do agree with rescue and adoptions. I have a lab that was rescued a few years ago.

I would like to have a JRT from the same line as mine though. I do know the breeder that I am looking for here in the US do breed their own dogs. I am just looking for their contact information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Again... I am not trying to import the dog. He has already been imported ten years ago. I found him at a farm near where I was living. I was not looking specifically for an imported dog at the time.

If you read above you will see that I am only looking for the contact information for the people in the states.

Please, why are people bashing me for something I didn't do. I just want to find the breeders that have the dog here in the States.

Sorry Ed, but your opening post didn't make it clear you wanted to make contact with an American breeder who has connections in Ireland. You made it seem that you wanted a dog from a breeder in Ireland. If your dog is registered then why not just contact the Kennel Club of America?

Sorry Ed, but your opening post didn't make it clear you wanted to make contact with an American breeder who has connections in Ireland. You made it seem that you wanted a dog from a breeder in Ireland. If your dog is registered then why not just contact the Kennel Club of America?

Yeah, I contacted IKC and haven't heard anything from them. It's been 2 days. I will give it a few more days before I try again.

I just wish I didn't lose the contact info for the breeder. I am doing literally everything I can to find out where they are and who they are. So, that's why I am trying to backtrack the information through the breeder in Ireland.

I didn't mention it at the time because I didn't think it was necessary information. At the time all I wanted to know was where the dog originally came from. And then, from there I could ask the necessary questions I needed to know to get the information for the breeder here in the US.

Thanks for the help though,

Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gharding

Hi, just joined today was actually looking for my dog breeders web site and found boards.ie, and your query above your dogs breeder.

We got our dog I believe from the same person. We live in Ireland and have heard nothing but good reports about Olive Dempsey (Jack Russell) breeder. She lives near Loughrea and sends dogs all around the world via her web site.

Her mobile number is 0876179863. Obviously the code will have to be added from your country.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Oh, come on, Gharding, whom are trying to kid? First post and full of praise...

Well, I aint and I am very close to Loughrea and use the same vet every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wolfsberg

I'm quite sure that "Gharding" is an anagram of Olive Dempsey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Wolfsberg wrote: »
    I'm quite sure that "Gharding" is an anagram of Olive Dempsey!

How come? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Atwork

How come? :confused:

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

lol

Advertisement