Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TA a month of adventure?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭lmtduffy

If the ta find out im in the rdf and say I cant train with them no problem,
    1. You cannot join the TA without being a UK resident and with a UK address your talking crap clear and simple, I have the documentation and also you can confirm this with BA Army regulations, you need a UK or NI address so your a confirmed WRONG

No its not,
    Ive been in contact with them,
    they’ve posted me my application.
    3. You cannot just turn up and do a camp with the TA, the process for enlistment takes several months and you also have to pass a potential recruits course

check my very first post to see what I intend on taking part in,
    do you think there advertising that just to tell people they cant take part?

Also if you do not do drill nights you are not eligible for any camps or bountys think again !!

not in it for the money,
    for the training and experience,

I dont see anyone acting on this really,
    its not going to come up or cause any harm unless the ta see it in my background check, if they do fair enough,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

You've apparently only passed your medical. You're not in YET !

true enough but they told me theyd do there best to get me to a camp this summer,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 .net

Look I am going to get onto the TA myself and inform them of your actions as i know who specifcally deals with this, you are clearly a walter.

Also the information pack they sent you is for the army over all and if you actually listened to the recruiter he indicated that you need a NI address as YOU CANNOT JOIN WITH A NON UK ADDRESS

It is clear that you are in fact a complete muppet and intend to commit a criminal offence, you would'nt last one day in the TA let alone the RDF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

This is getting nowhere. Let's leave the personal remarks out of it lads.

To the poster concerned:

You can't be a member of the armed forces of two separate countries. Common sense should tell you that.
    Pick a service and join it if you are eligible.
    Carry out the duties you commit to, don't just join to take from the organization and leave.
    Deceit is dis-honourable.
    From your posts here I think one Army is going to be very happy when you sign up, the one you didn't sign up to that is.

I haven’t claimed to intend to deceive anyone when this comes up if it comes up Ill explain what the situation is,

So far It has not been indicated to me that I need an NI address,
    if i do thats fine I have one,

.net calm down,
    and good luck,
    surely these organisations can take care of me them selves with out your incredible tip off,
    if you feel the need to warn them go ahead,

hagar I intend to commit to my duties with one,
    when I decide which one is more appropriate for me,
    and I appreciate you warning against personal comments,
    but its only so helpful when you make personal comments yourself,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

You are portraying yourself in a very poor light.
    Somebody is bound to point that out to you, sometimes it's necessary to be cruel to be kind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement