Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoyed with register365

Options
  • 06-05-2008 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I signed up with register365 on 22nd April. Have a few simple websites I'd like to host there and it sounds like a good deal.

Right now I'm thinking it was probably one of those too good to be true deals.

On sign-up I entered my details, and was asked for a password which I supplied. All seemed fine, however I didn't seem able to access anything at all.

A closer read of stuff sent to me indicated that I should have received an email detailing how I access everything. So, next day I contact support and after a while I finally get sent an email with 2 sets of login details including bizarre passwords that were obviously auto-generated.

Not ideal, but should do the trick.

Takes a few days to get back there (I'm far too busy for this at the moment, which is why I thought I'd go with a simple setup) and find that none of the apps they include will support. So I try to contact support, no luck with the help desk - don't seem able to access anything. Finally get sent another login set. This is May 1.

So I set up a ticket, don't hear back at all. Two days later still haven't got a response so I contact them and get told that the support guys had been told that my issue had been fixed. That's nice, why haven't they updated my support ticket then? Can I test it? Sure - but it needs to wait cos I'm walking out the door. Get home and re-try. Still no change, so I reply to the support email.

Today I still haven't heard back, and I find that none of my so far 3 passwords will let me access to support forums, so I've sent yet another support ticket to try to gain access to that.

Anyone else have this much pain trying to just get setup? Not like I want anything particularly tricky, just my site to move over and a wordpress blog installed. On Friday I leave for 3 weeks, this was supposed to be sorted before I go and I seriously don't have the time to be spending on this.

At this stage I'm so unimpressed I'm looking at alternatives. Anyone know a provider that does what it says on the tin???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

In before lock. You need to read the charter, there's no discussion of this sort re: web hosts allowed here my friend. Sorry for your troubles.

There's a thread with a list of hosts here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055075688

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

PM Stephen from hosting365.

Discussion of hosting is not allowed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Try the live chat feature on their website, they should be able to sort it for your stratight away

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement