Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA XBL Tonight?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I had a couple of disconnects earlier in the evening when playing some other ranked games, but was fine then once on with the other boardsie's. I suposed the system might get a bit more loaded later in the day once the US comes online after school etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,523 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

basquille wrote: »
    Myself, NedVed, HeyHeyAces and SIX 6 SICKS IRL had a few great games of Deathmatch with Rocket Launchers just there.

Think I prefer a smaller group to one of the massive ones personally.
    It turned into a game of "Hunt The Green Dot" (aka Kill Basquille) for me. Good fun. :p

Deathmatch with Rocket Launchers was the business... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Agreed...

Should have been dubbed 'The Battle Of the Television Mods' to be honest! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Great fun in fairness, Rocket Launchers FTW!!! Could be on for a few more games tonight, havent had a chance to play much multiplayer but its great craic!:D

Some of my highlights from last night:

- a close range rocket duel with basquille. We both kept sidestepping the others rockets - he got close enough to fire one that took both of us out :)

- On Happyness Island (or whatver its called), Johnny Ultimate trying to shoot me at close quarters with a shotgun, and I managed to survive (unarmed) for at least 30 seconds by just running in circles around him.

- Can't remember who it was, but someone was trying to run me over in a car and I kept dodging. They kept adjusting by reversing and moving forward and I kept out of the way, all the time shooting them through the window (and eventually killing them) with a pistol.

Should be around tonight for a rematch. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Are these private games or can anyone join? Are they ranked games or players matches?

Played my first online last night (team deathmatch) and loved it but not all the american idiots shouting abuse at eachother....

It was a Player Match with all private slots. You have to receive an invite to join. Anyone in the game can invite anyone else (thats the way I set it up when hosting, not sure about anyone else)

If there is a game on tonight, I'll post here with details.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

was good fun last nite, altho i got disconnected and couldnt get back in. :(

Highlight for me was watching someone getting whored out of it with a rocket laucher!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Couldn't accept the invites last night, was hooked on single player missions! Sounds like it was a good game though. Might be on tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I played my first GTA4 multiplayer game last night with some randomers and it was really great fun. There was only 5 or so of us but still had great craic. I'd be up for some carnage tonight with you lads. PLEASE add me on Xbox Live as I have bugger all 'Live Friends'. :(

My tag is: kyub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

hey i was online last night, will be tonight too, Send me an invite Please!

Was playing deathmatch at airport last night was behind a car and managed to take out 4 people (who all had high powered weapons) with a pistol!!! Until some di&k took me out with a rocket launcher. Was happy though, online play is addictive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

sounds like good craic

if there is a game tonight let me know and i'll play

gt: neacy69

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Mr E wrote: »
    - Can't remember who it was, but someone was trying to run me over in a car and I kept dodging. They kept adjusting by reversing and moving forward and I kept out of the way, all the time shooting them through the window (and eventually killing them) with a pistol.
    That most definately wasn't me and I'll run over anyone who claims it was. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

- On Happyness Island (or whatver its called), Johnny Ultimate trying to shoot me at close quarters with a shotgun, and I managed to survive (unarmed) for at least 30 seconds by just running in circles around him.
    But I think I got you in the back in the end :D

Think the most fun was in the very first 1-v-1 deathmatch against Mr. E, shooting his wheels out, and his car flipping over a few times. Great stuff. Or in one of the races just lining a load of cars up at an intersection while I was waiting for others to arrive and laughing as they all cursed as I drove away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

I'm up for this, just got the game on monday and loving it so far! i'll be home from work at 10:30. my gamertag is ronanski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Some of my highlights from last night:

Should be around tonight for a rematch. :)

that would have been me i think.. but it felt way cooler than you described it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

will be on later for a few games:pac:

Going on now for a few games so send an invite my way please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Going on for an hour or so, invite me - tag is mr6ix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Invites my way please if poss, Gamertag in Sig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I need some serious practise! You were all kicking my ass last night. :( I kept respawning right next to people and then just dying again, lol. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Some good rocket launcher games last nite.
    The industrial level is well suited for it

Was that the one with the high walkways? I didn't really like that level.... Wasn't crazy about the airport either (those red/white barriers really get in the way).

I still think a good street-level rocket battle in Bohan is the way to go. :)

I like the docks too (lots of open areas, and trying to run people over with a forklift is hilarious).

Might be around for a quickie tonight some time after 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Yeah thats the 1, I thought the high walkways gave a good vantage point for a some nicely placed rockets! Agree wit u about the airport.

I'll be around for a few games tonite as well.

Yeah, should be around tonight for a game or two also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Today will be my last day with me xbox and boards cos im going away tomorrow for almost 2 weeks. :(

so i will be making the most of GTA tonight (after i get packed!!!!!!!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Good games last night lads - rocket launchers = :) (although basquille and I seem to blow each other up similtaneously every time we bump into each other!). Won't be on tonight, but hopefully give some of ye a game over the weekend.

Good games last night lads - rocket launchers = :) (although basquille and I seem to blow each other up similtaneously every time we bump into each other!). Won't be on tonight, but hopefully give some of ye a game over the weekend.
    Yep.. noticed that alright.

Not to mention the fact I respawned next to you 98% of the time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭bluenessy

ive been hooked on the multiplayer barely done any missions. add me in your next game my tag is bluenessy

• Advertisement
Advertisement