Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Centre Soccer - Looking for a few players

Options
  • 06-05-2008 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi There,
    We play 5/6 a side kick about on thursdays at 6pm in town, indoor, close to guinness, but are low on numbers... looking for about 4-5 more regulars as we find we're cancelling a lot cos people are on hols/ get stuck in work/ are lazy feckers/ injured/ etc...

Standard is average... bunch of fairly unfit office workers panting after the ball for an hour, but it deffo beats the gym.

It'll cost you €45 for about 8-10 weeks, although first go dont worry about it...see if you like it first. If interested respond, or send me your email via a PM, and I'll send a map.

Cheers,
    Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

after my antics and hard partying over the wknd I am a little injured, my back and that are sore from all the sky raking :D

our office is starting in the astro league tomorrow. Lot more expensive too. What nights are you having your game? Be good to lose an extra bit of slight flab :eek:

I think our night will be wed throughout for 18 or so weeks.

I have a friend who I often stay with in the James' St area, so this could be 'right up my street'

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 maperoo

Hi Jay,
    Yeah, I've done the astro a couple of times, although that was a few years ago now, and back then i remember it being very pricey. Dont think I could stick the pace of it anymore either!

This is more just a friendly kick about... the hall is €45 a week, which is very reasonable (compared to say the astro park in tallaght/coolock at €70), so for anyone who plays, we just all put in 45 at the start, and that covers us for about 8-10 weeks.

So do you think you might be able to make it thursday?
    Cheers,
    al

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Joebloggs:37

Hi Al,

I live around the james street area and would be very interested in playing. I used to play every week but stopped for an injury that’s cleared up now. I haven’t used boards in a while so how can I your email via a PM,

Damien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 maperoo

Hi Damien,
    Sound, it on in St Catherines on marrowbone lane, 6pm. You can send me a PM by clicking on my name (maperoo) and selecting "Send a private message to maperoo". No-one else will see your email that way and I can let you know the score.
    Cheers,
    Al

Advertisement