Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fires

Options
  • 06-05-2008 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭

Maybe im wrong but there has been far more buildings damaged by fires lately than I can ever remember.

The Hotel Balbriggan

Julianstown Inn

The one across from the julianstown inn (old mill?)

and Jacky skelly in Swords

all in a couple of months

Its not the weather ;-) Is the building trade the problem (shabby building / upgrading) or is it something more sinister (aliens)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If it was shabby building I reckon there would be few houses left in Balbriggan at this stage;)

We could speculate that it was insurance or bored kids or stupid teenagers but I reckon your on to something with the Alien theory..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Yep. It's aliens. And if anyone even hints at suggesting anything else, I'll purge and lock and close this thread before you have time to hit "post reply"...
    :D:D:D but seriously, Aliens exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I agree. there was a fire in the Tech aswell afaik.

That was arson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Jacky Skellys was a gas leak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Jackie Skellys was hardly damaged, the wall at the front of the building was burnt and a bit of the underground car park was too.

Its open and running as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

The Old Mill fire was a while back, it's a bit of a stretch to bundle it in with the recent spate of fires. And it makes a change from it being flooded, which is nice.

Advertisement