Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Outside bet predictions for next season

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Mr Alan wrote: »
    ^^^
    Utd fan, correct?? :)

Bingo! :D Alas, I fear Chelsea may thwart us next year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Predictions:
    QPR certainties to get promoted. With that amount of money they could buy any players they wanted.

This is a nonsense assumption. Even Utd armed to the teeth with cash struggle to sign players ahead of Madrid, Barca and Milan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Funnily enough I predicted Portsmouth to win the FA Cup at the start of last season and they're doing pretty well! Unfortunately I didn't put money on it.
    Aw that's a shame. You could have got some nice odds!
    Predictions:
    QPR certainties to get promoted.
    Good call!
    I think Sheffield Utd. will be promoted aswell : they had a torrid season tbh but they're good enough to survive in the Premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Bingo! :D Alas, I fear Chelsea may thwart us next year :(

Liverpool not finishing in the top 4 and wanting Sunderland to stay up were dead give aways! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Norwich to win Championship, FA Cup and League Cup.

Ok so Huckerby and Dublin are gone and we need 12 players. Still going to renew my season ticket and suffer the same story again next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

By the way, there is a difference between what you want to happen and what you think will or could happen. Some people in this thread seem to be confusing the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Killme00 wrote: »
    This is a nonsense assumption. Even Utd armed to the teeth with cash struggle to sign players ahead of Madrid, Barca and Milan.

Whilst this is truth, QPR could probably have the choice of Championship players they want if they sell the club to the player and tell them of their aims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You guys are actually proud of that? Interesting.

i aint, no way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Gattuso to sign for Arsenal, take the captaincy and lead them to FA Cup glory as well as 2nd in the premiership.

crash out in the QFs of the champions league to Real Madrid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Iago wrote: »
    Gattuso to sign for Arsenal

Pretty unlikely, goes against your policy on older players, goes against Wengers policy of recruiting youth and would mean you'd have to smash your pay structure, something you aren't keen on doing or Flamini wouldn't have left.

Anyone else think that Fabio Cappello will either quit or be sacked before the end of next season?

Croatia could well do them again and leave them (yet again) struggling to qualify. A couple of poor away results and a team that is (as usual) not as good as it thinks it is could struggle. And there are ongoing gurgles of discontent in Italy about the state of his taxes. If teh FA forced out Venables over his dodgy dealings I can't see them being too happy with an Italian under active investigation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

"gurgles of discontent"? Haha, nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I predict ten of the twenty Premiership teams will sack their manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Aston Villa to finish in the bottom half of the table, maybe 12th or 13th.

Given my track record of prediciting stuff, NONE of this will come true! :pac:

Could be closer to the truth, who knows the Transfer paranoia that will descend on VP over the summer. i can see a lot of fans being rather impatient/unhappy. again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I predict ten of the twenty Premiership teams will sack their manager.

Does this count for double sackings?
    I'm going to go with 12 sackings in total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Xavi6 wrote: »
    City's line up for next season when everyone leaves -

GK : Hun Kidori

RB: Sun Jihai (C)
    LB: Kerry Oki
    CB. Win Wan Soon
    CB: Woo Flung Dung

RM: Wang King
    CM: Sam Ting-Wong
    CM: Lot Te-Re
    LM: Dum-Gai

CF: Hu Yu Hai-Ding
    CF: Lei Ying-Lo
    You forgot Sum Yung-Gai
    Great prospect for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Croatia could well do them again and leave them (yet again) struggling to qualify.

Yet again?? I think they normally do qualify, this years Euros being the first for quite a bit,might be wrong though,have they failed to qualify for a few lately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Liverpool to challenge for the title and Ryan Babel to prove his potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

a premiership game will end 10-0 or 10-1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

redzerdrog wrote: »
    a premiership game will end 10-0 or 10-1

Against Stoke :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I expect same situation in top3 and that this next season can finally make some boom in fight for 4th place,i expected that for this season with Everton,Spurs,Newcastle,City and Villa but they didnt have energy and knowledge even those names were promissing to me,maybe this summer stransfer period will give more names and especially more game on the pitch to make top 10 looking great,where everyone will beat anyone,its just i want to see more dangerous to threat for top 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Juve to win Champions League.

Next year will be Liverpools year

to finish 5th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Kevin Doyle to be playing with Sunderland.

Everton to possibly have one of their yoyo seasons?

Birmingham to be relegated to League 1 come next May.

Carrick to be sold in summer 09 to a Villa/Newcastle/Everton/Pompey

Barca to be La Liga Champs (not exactly sticking my leg out here)

More of a wish, but by next summer, Abramovich to have gotten fed up and wanting a new toy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

A new piece of legislation to change the face of football... (dun*dun*dun) forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Ronaldinho, David Villa and Samuel Etoo to all be plying their trade in the Premiership next season.
    Same Top 4 but With Liverpool and Arsenal swapping after major investment by Liverpool.
    Spurs to finish 5th
    West Brom to stay up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

jank wrote: »
    At least we have it out in the open again. Those that said it will be made to look as foolish as previous seasons

As you know very well, there is too many really stupid people here who are far too eager to predict the downfall of whatever club. Consider you have done this on more than one occassion, I would have thought that you wouldn't be too shocked about someone else doing it.

My prediction is that Spurs will defo finish in the top 5 and maybe even push for 4th place. I also believe that the top 4 won't finish in the same order as this season and the title contest being just as close as it was this year with 3 clubs in the running with 8 games to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

QPR certainties to get promoted. With that amount of money they could buy any players they wanted.

Thats the one I was going to say, they will win the thing at a canter. I would put very good money on that, though I expect them to be favorutes for the title. I'll be keeping a keen eye on the prices.

Also:
    Spurs will mount a proper challenge under Ramos.
    Juventus will win Serie A
    Ireland will win in Rome, en route to World Cup qualifacation.
    A fit Robin Van Persie will be the top scorer of the Premier League next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Arsenal to win the quadruple

Arsenal Ladies that is:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

jem wrote: »
    Everton were luck with injuries this year and played above themselves and while I think they have a great manager I think they will drop down a bit, 10th ish,
    Villa to realy push for cl spot and be there or there abouts, Arsenal season to depend on what is spent I think they need to spend 50m+ to stay in the top 4.kegan to get sacked/have a hissy fit and walk with Harry finally takingover with watertight contract.Man city unless they keep sven to be in reg battle.
    stoke to beat derby record.Sunderland to either spend bucketloads and come in top 10 or roy to walk.

Well this thread went up about 6 months ago and I think that of all of them this was probably the closest. Everton have dropped back, Villa have pushed on, Arsenal didn't spend and are struggling. Keegan walked, Man City not far off teh relegation battle and Roy has walked. Not bad!

I predicted Arsenal to struggle and Villa to push on but was well off teh mark with Capello not doing well.

Anyone want to attempt to justify thier original comments or think that they'll still come true (even if it's not looking too good now!). Anyone want to give a mid season update on predictions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

mike65 wrote: »
    Sunderland to need new manager by Christmas (Keane to walk rather than be fired).

Mike.

I think Mr. 65 was the most accurate tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Even won some money on it! :)

I notice you did not quote the bit about Newcastle :o

jem is the winner so far I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol thought I'd spare you that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

lol the Leeds fans I think.

Advertisement